Thread: MMC Driveshaft

Question MMC Driveshaft

I can't get the search feature to work yesterday or this AM either don't know whether it's my Browser or the site. But my question is how can you tell the difference in a Dynotec Metal Matrix shaft and the original Marauder Shaft. The Tech that installed mine said that he couldn't tell any difference in the one he installed and the one that was in the vehicle. Just wondered if I might have been sent a stock driveshaft by mistake? It had stock marked on the outside of the box but it was a Dynotech Box. Is there any stamping on the shaft to identify it or do you just take someone's word for it.

Bob
    Last edited by Rat; 01-27-2004 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

For one thing, there is a big sticker on the Dynotech shaft that says "Dynotech."

Stock driveshaft has color coded paint rings on it. Page through Logan's photo gallery, he used to have some pics of both parked somewhere in there.

If you bought a drive shaft through Dennis, it's not shipped from his shop. It comes directly from DynoTech.

Let us know what you find?

Quote Originally Posted by martyo
    For one thing, there is a big sticker on the Dynotech shaft that says "Dynotech."
    The stock shaft also has a "harmonic balancer" on the front and 3 stripes in pink, orange and green....

Stock:

Dyno-Tech Driveshaft:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Stock driveshaft has color coded paint rings on it. Page through Logan's photo gallery, he used to have some pics of both parked somewhere in there.

If you bought a drive shaft through Dennis, it's not shipped from his shop. It comes directly from DynoTech.

Let us know what you find?
    Mine has pink green green color codes on it. I can't get under the car
    and I'll have to wait to get it to a Lift as we are having a winter ice storm here. But the Driveshaft was shipped from Dennis at his Orange Park facility. The best I can tell from memory is that the balancer on the front of the one in the car is not as large.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rat
    I can't get the search feature to work yesterday or this AM either don't know whether it's my Browser or the site. But my question is how can you tell the difference in a Dynotec Metal Matrix shaft and the original Marauder Shaft. The Tech that installed mine said that he couldn't tell any difference in the one he installed and the one that was in the vehicle. Just wondered if I might have been sent a stock driveshaft by mistake? It had stock marked on the outside of the box but it was a Dynotech Box. Is there any stamping on the shaft to identify it or do you just take someone's word for it.

Bob
    I guess the mystery is solved I called Dennis and described the Drive Shaft I received and he said it was very simple that I had mistakenly got the wrong (Stock) drive shaft and that he would send me a drive shaft and also pay for getting it installed. Kinda hard to beat that. I certainly appreciate all your replies & help.

Bob

Out of curiosity, would you notice a difference in how smooth it is if you installed a metal matrix driveshaft?
    2006 Silverstone AWD Chevy Trailblazer SS
    -custom grind cam, kooks long tube headers, pcmformless tranny cooler, Vector CAI, Vector custom tune, Corsa catback, efans

2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder
    -gone

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by junehhan
    Out of curiosity, would you notice a difference in how smooth it is if you installed a metal matrix driveshaft?
    I don't know you will have to ask Sarge or Taf or some of the guys that have got one. I just thought I had one but got sent a stock by mistake. For what they cost I hope it does. I mainly ordered one because of the 4:10 Gears and if someone else had it I wanted it too. That is the way kids are.

Thread Information