Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need Boost!!

I Need Boost!!

plain and simple...just cant afford it right now...but it will happen next spring for sure (FIT HERE I COME)..anyways the reason for this is on my way home from work this black 4 Door,chrome wheeled,tinted windowed BMW 750iL gets beside me at a light ...when it turned green i GOT MY A** handed to me really bad, almost wanted to just pull over and stop ...I NEED BOOST

03 300A / 08-15-02 Build / #3525
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    03 SVT F-150 / 05-01-03 Build / #3553
    Lots Of Mods..13.5# boost
    04 SVT Cobra
    2.9 Whipple
    03 Harley F150
    Stock Boost...For Now

Yea man, those Bimmer 8's are nothing to mess with. My friend at school has a '01 S500, not even the AMG package, and that 5.0 would whoop my car with the mods I have. S/C's not in yet!
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

Well my future boost involves a little different approach. I will be having the Squires Turbo System, remote turbo and an egine done by a local Houston shop. I hope and pray that I get see one those guys on the street so he can get a little beat down.
    PS the forged motor and the STS should be installed for less than 7k
    Last edited by RaceLegend79; 10-04-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Forgot info

Pray for an AMG then. He'll be pissed he spent $90k when you spent less than $30k on it. AMG's are no joke though. Ever seen the Renntech one's? I have Wes to thank for showing me videos of those, those are pretty much what Dinan is to BMW.
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

[QUOTEYea man, those Bimmer 8's are nothing to mess with.

If I'm not terribly mistaken, a 750 is a V12. Having your ass handed to you by a car sporting 4 more cylinders, and an extra $70K on the sticker ain't so bad.

Although, it would've been much more fun had it gone the other way!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjones View Post
    [QUOTEYea man, those Bimmer 8's are nothing to mess with.

If I'm not terribly mistaken, a 750 is a V12. Having your ass handed to you by a car sporting 4 more cylinders, and an extra $70K on the sticker ain't so bad.

Although, it would've been much more fun had it gone the other way!
    yeah that true..just cant wait till i get my american iron boosted so it can go the other way

03 300A / 08-15-02 Build / #3525
    Gone But Not Forgotten
    03 SVT F-150 / 05-01-03 Build / #3553
    Lots Of Mods..13.5# boost
    04 SVT Cobra
    2.9 Whipple
    03 Harley F150
    Stock Boost...For Now

Quote Originally Posted by RaceLegend79 View Post
    Well my future boost involves a little different approach. I will be having the Squires Turbo System, remote turbo and an egine done by a local Houston shop. I hope and pray that I get see one those guys on the street so he can get a little beat down.
    PS the forged motor and the STS should be installed for less than 7k
    You're kidding us right? You're getting a forged motor built and a custom STS turbo system and installation labor all for under $7000?
    Is someone being very generous with you? Which one of the 3 things above you're getting for free?
    Care to give us a cost break down? If that $7K is for real, there might be a line forming!

what the install price of the turbo compared to the supercharger air2air
    VORTECH A2A supercharger ,accufab 60mm throttle body,all fluids royal purple,cobra headers and exhaust by todd at Grands,410 gears rebuilt rearend(eaton), 3600 high stall converter,rebuilt transmission by Team Ford of marietta rear girdle,powerslot cryo disc, and stainless steel lines from dennis and tuned by aric at INJECTED INGINEERING

I'm also getting the "Reality Bites" lesson of Marauder ownership. My captains at work have a SRT Magnum, a BMW 750something, and a Charger SRT respectively. I show up, bragging about my MM...and get thumped hard. Also got thumped on the street by a Neon SRT, and barely stayed even with a new Cobalt SS. Those two REALLY hurt. I now understand why our car never sold in greater numbers....stock version sucks, especially when the retail price was as high as it was. I paid 24.5k for mine with 9000 on the odo, so I didn't get any bargain. Add 4k for shipping/taxes/duties to get it into Canada, and I'm thinking an SRT, or even an RT would've been the way to go. Maybe I'm expecting too much for 0-60 stuff. I only want to know that if I'm trundling along at 40mph, I shouldn't have to worry about passing or even keeping up with RTs at least. Since I have no mods (owned the car 5 weeks now) I guess I expected too much.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    I'm also getting the "Reality Bites" lesson of Marauder ownership. My captains at work have a SRT Magnum, a BMW 750something, and a Charger SRT respectively. I show up, bragging about my MM...and get thumped hard. Also got thumped on the street by a Neon SRT, and barely stayed even with a new Cobalt SS. Those two REALLY hurt. I now understand why our car never sold in greater numbers....stock version sucks, especially when the retail price was as high as it was. I paid 24.5k for mine with 9000 on the odo, so I didn't get any bargain. Add 4k for shipping/taxes/duties to get it into Canada, and I'm thinking an SRT, or even an RT would've been the way to go. Maybe I'm expecting too much for 0-60 stuff. I only want to know that if I'm trundling along at 40mph, I shouldn't have to worry about passing or even keeping up with RTs at least. Since I have no mods (owned the car 5 weeks now) I guess I expected too much.
    You need 4.10's and a tune right off the bat to even the odds off the line...more $$$ At 40 mph the story becomes very different as these motors truly shine in the mid and higher rpm's...
    03 300A Build Date 08/02
    Trilogy #151

I would just change the last sentence for " I guess I was expecting too much !". One or two mods will wake up the car as they are responding very well and are really a gift to modders from Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by SamF View Post
    You need 4.10's and a tune right off the bat to even the odds off the line...more $$$ At 40 mph the story becomes very different as these motors truly shine in the mid and higher rpm's...
    I ordered an Xcal2 from Alt Auto already, but I have to pick it up at a friend's place in Oregon. (Lidio doesn't ship to Canada) After speaking with Lidio at length, we nixed the idea of 4.10s, since I'm getting a Trilogy when the car loan is paid off in June or July. He said traction becomes a fairly big problem with that combo. I personally don't like the look of the widened rims w/Nittos, it takes away the whole "sleeper" idea for me, and I'd need those to combat traction loss. I also ordered a K&N CAI which is also waiting down in Oregon.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Nothing, nothing makes our cars better than BOOST
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Boost is your friend!
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

I After speaking with Lidio at length, we nixed the idea of 4.10s, since I'm getting a Trilogy when the car loan is paid off in June or July. He said traction becomes a fairly big problem with that combo. I personally don't like the look of the widened rims w/Nittos, it takes away the whole "sleeper" idea for me, and I'd need those to combat traction loss. I also ordered a K&N CAI which is also waiting down in Oregon.
    He said that, huh?
    He drove my car in August after the re-tune and was complimenting the hook-up....
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information