Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Builder Search

Engine Builder Search

I know there are a bunch of guys from Illiniois here, so my question to yall is who have you used and liked to trust with engine work. Im a werido and would like a Ford guy to work on my motor. I need to call PER but Id like to have back ups if needed.

The Plan is to bore and stroke the Teksid I have to 5.0, Forge the bottom end, and port polish the heads.

So Any engine builder suggestions are welcomed.

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Merc390 View Post
    I know there are a bunch of guys from Illiniois here, so my question to yall is who have you used and liked to trust with engine work. Im a werido and would like a Ford guy to work on my motor. I need to call PER but Id like to have back ups if needed.

The Plan is to bore and stroke the Teksid I have to 5.0, Forge the bottom end, and port polish the heads.

So Any engine builder suggestions are welcomed.

Kyle
    FYI any head work does not become beneficial unless: You plan on a radical NA build. Or: you are making north of 800rwhp with boost

http://www.builtriteengine.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    http://www.builtriteengine.com

Ive heard good and bad stories about them, have you used them personally? It would be ultra convenient for me to use them as Im a couple minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    FYI any head work does not become beneficial unless: You plan on a radical NA build. Or: you are making north of 800rwhp with boost
    Even if boost and hotter cams are used?

The lead engineer of the engine at Marauderville (11 maybe?) said the heads are the last thing you need to modify. Won't get much out of them until you have done absolutely everything else to the max. 800 RWHP is close to around !000 at the crank, correct? That's a lot of HP, a lot of boost and a lot of other things to work on before you worry about the heads.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

I thought get it done when its in the shop to not worry about it, especailly since I have this extra set of heads and the Teskid block.

what is your goal for power and use? porting these heads is not cheap. you have to decide whereto spend ut at..Boost plans, transmission plans, brakes etc. ?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Merc390 View Post
    Ive heard good and bad stories about them, have you used them personally? It would be ultra convenient for me to use them as Im a couple minutes away.

They did my heads three or so years ago and took really good care of me.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Your wasting your money stroking to 5.0L nothing to be gained but a lighter wallet , a forged 4.6L will do anything you need it to do HP wise.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

If you want your heads ported then have them ported. If you want cams, get cams. If you want arp everything and be conservative on hp don’t worry about what others think it’s your car and your money. The head job you may not notice but but if you decide to go Turbo you can. Stroked crank and a 20 overbore will get your 5.0, from there it’s what ever you want for your teksid block.

^ good point, I like the others are just trying to provide practical information.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Well the block I have needs work on the cylinder walls that’s the only reason why it’ll be bored over, the Heads thing again was a uncertainty.

My main goal at this point is to find a shop I’m comfortable with and that members in the Chicagoland area have either used and are happy with or can recommend me to. I do collision repair so I have everything except the mechanical thing down. My power goal is around 550 to the wheels..

Any knowledge and opinions are fine by me, my thought is a Whipple set up with 10 to 12lb of boost should get me to where I’d like

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    They did my heads three or so years ago and took really good care of me.

Did you deal with Bill?

I’ll drop by him tomorrow to get ideas. May I ask what he charged you for the work?

550 is plenty doable, i almost went that route, didnt want to spend to R&R motor, so i ported my trilogy and did killer chiller with lower pulley swap. You will want plan or,add into the mix a trans upgrade or swap. stock transsl will be short-lived with torquey twin screw.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information