Thread: Interior diming lights

Interior diming lights

I just noticed, that if I remotely unlock the car, the interior lights do not come on, is this part of the light module has any one else had this happen,

Are you sure the after-market alarm hasn't taken over control of that function? In other words, does the after-market alarm simply send a lock/unlock trigger or does it trigger the LCM as the factory remote does? If the AM alarm simply sends a lock/unlock trigger, the LCM will not know to turn on the interior lighting.
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Quote Originally Posted by magindat View Post
    Are you sure the after-market alarm hasn't taken over control of that function? In other words, does the after-market alarm simply send a lock/unlock trigger or does it trigger the LCM as the factory remote does? If the AM alarm simply sends a lock/unlock trigger, the LCM will not know to turn on the interior lighting.

Its a good point, I will try the factory remote, but it did work with the AF alarm. Also I think if the car is locked and you unlock it with the door key pad as you press the first number, the lights are supposed to come on and they do not

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart View Post
    Its a good point, I will try the factory remote, but it did work with the AF alarm. Also I think if the car is locked and you unlock it with the door key pad as you press the first number, the lights are supposed to come on and they do not

that is correct...The lights ARE supposed to come on... check the wiring of the alarm!

You are correct. The keypad should work regardless of the alarm...

This may seem simple, but make sure your interior dimmer is not all the way over into the extreme left (no dash lights) or extreme right (cabin lights always on) position. Check the interior lights fuse: Inside box #21 15A.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

boi

Electrical system going BAD....sell it to me ASAP....CHEAP!!!
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by magindat View Post
    It is the AF alarm Rich the lights come on with the key pad and the OEM remote

If it was worth your trouble, you could have and output from the alarm brain send a trigger to the LCM for interior light control.

You gotta lotta stuff in that car at his point, though. You could run the risk of causing a different problem just by going into it.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

boi

Thread Information