Thread: Made my day

Made my day

So work has been a challenge over the last 9 months or so. Today I ran into one of the gals that is a part of my former Emergency Team. She was one who taught me my Class B license requirements and I taught her Hazmat and Rescue.

Today she saw me pull into the one of parking structures and when I got out of the Marauder she said "wow, you are even cooler than I thought you were!" I was dumbfounded, but she continued to talk about the Marauder. She had only ever seen black ones and thought she had seen a red one once. She had never heard of a blue one.

It made my day. First being 'cooler' is always a good feeling! Two, she knew so much about the Marauder, and I was happily surprised that this 20 something female knew exactly what it was.

Just wanted to share!
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

Cool. There is a guy in the marketing department here that is always asking in the hall way how my Marauder is doing. He knows its not just a Crown Vic or Grand Marquis. No one else here cares though. They all drive Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus.
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

The owner of my company is a big car guy. Owns a GTR, Beamer7 series, Mercedes G Class and just got himself a Maserati. He loves it when I occasionally drive my Marauder to the office, asks all kinds of questions and was even interested enough in Steve's Black Sunshine to ask me to get more info when it went up for sale. Every once in a while you meet someone who is at least mildly impressed by our cars. ~Ms. D

Quote Originally Posted by gdsqdcr View Post
    So work has been a challenge over the last 9 months or so. Today I ran into one of the gals that is a part of my former Emergency Team. She was one who taught me my Class B license requirements and I taught her Hazmat and Rescue.

Today she saw me pull into the one of parking structures and when I got out of the Marauder she said "wow, you are even cooler than I thought you were!" I was dumbfounded, but she continued to talk about the Marauder. She had only ever seen black ones and thought she had seen a red one once. She had never heard of a blue one.

It made my day. First being 'cooler' is always a good feeling! Two, she knew so much about the Marauder, and I was happily surprised that this 20 something female knew exactly what it was.

Just wanted to share!

She wants you. It's all in code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post

Agreed. Make your move, @gdsqdcr.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    03 Black MM: Trilogy #19, Build Date 04/02/03 #7113
    03 SB MM: Lidio Tune/JLT CAI DD Build Date 04/02/03 #7114

Great story thanks for sharing.

Bang! That right there.
    Time to get her digits and put that backseat to some real use.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    Bang! That right there.
    Time to get her digits and put that backseat to some real use.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.
    Lol

I am happily married. I have zero reason th cheat and all negatives if I ever even thought about it ....

She is happily inlvovled in her relationship.
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

Maybe she wants to RIDE in a SILVER BIRCH!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Just wanted to share!
    whaaaaaat. Is she single?

edit: damnit

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Lol

I am happily married.
    The "happily" part confuses me.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Had some random goth/emo chick compliment my MM once at a mcDonald's parking lot. Was dumbfounded...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    Had some random goth/emo chick compliment my MM once at a mcDonald's parking lot. Was dumbfounded...

She wanted you.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

She wanted you.

Me, no. The D, yes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    The "happily" part confuses me.
    ~~_____

Dang near spit my coffee out. Dang man, that is real.....

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Thread Information