Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Marauderville 15!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MERCMAN View Post
    Gordon, you are like the old cartoon character form Li'l Abner, Joe Btfsplk. Everywhere you go misfortune seems to follow you, no food, cold food, bad service etc. I have seen it happen to you on numerous occasions and at numerous venues. You are just blessed with bad luck(except for marrying Chris). I am not aware of anyone having problems at CLE, unlike the TERRIBLE hotel at the last Michigan meet. Sorry about your bad luck, but everyone really enjoyed all of the activities. With the number of visits you have made to CLE, perhaps you could offer some other hotel suggestions and activities. Since you are retired and are somewhat knowledgeable of the area, give ADAM a shout and get a proposal for MV!! Just sayin'
    On the contrary I have very good luck and have enjoyed many great vacations. I speak up when someone treats me wrong or service sucks. I also give praise when praise is deserved.

The Cleveland meet was great and I had a wonderful time, just that the hotel sucked, not as bad as the one in South Haven, but it sucked none the less. So instead of putting me down and belittling me, come up with a plan Dan.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    On the contrary I have very good luck and have enjoyed many great vacations. I speak up when someone treats me wrong or service sucks. I also give praise when praise is deserved.

The Cleveland meet was great and I had a wonderful time, just that the hotel sucked, not as bad as the one in South Haven, but it sucked none the less. So instead of putting me down and belittling me, come up with a plan Dan.
    Sorry if you took it wrong, but I was just stating fact that when I was with you at various establishments, you seemed to always have problems(not due to you). Contact Mark and help him plan something in Ohio!! He is willing to do it with help,
    Last edited by MERCMAN; 05-23-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MERCMAN View Post
    Sorry if you took it wrong, but I was just stating fact that when I was with you at various establishments, you seemed to always have problems(not due to you). Contact Mark and help him plan something in Ohio!! He is willing to do iut with help,
    There is something in the "works" at this moment, just waiting for the people at ground zero to get back to us. Details TBA.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

possible venues in OH for additional choices, some are about half hour to an hour an half away of the Cleveland area

Crawford auto/aviation museum - Cleveland
    MAPS air museum, North Canton
    Warther Carving museum, Dover
    Stan Hywet Mansion tour, Akron
    High Voltage electric indoor Karting - Medina (can get pricey fast)
    Pro football hall of fame, Canton
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    possible venues in OH for additional choices, some are about half hour to an hour an half away of the Cleveland area

I am thinking more outside the box and cleve.
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post

any drag strips or road courses around Cleveland?
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT View Post
    Dragstrips:
    Thompson Raceway Park (east)
    Summit aka Norwalk (west)
    Dragway 42 (south - vintage track, but totally new from the ground up this year, really a beautiful facility)

Road course:
    Nelson Ledges Road Course (east, supposedly opening up again this year after making a lot of improvements)
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKWHEAT View Post
    Norwalk,OH. Summit motor sports track, nhra events there in summer about an hour or so

West Salem, OH. Dragway 42 reopening in a week after $10million in renovations, ihravevents held here. about an hour plus away.

road courses are generally high dollar rental for a day. $2000 and up estimated

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Dragstrip distance/time from the Embassy Suites in Independence:
    Summit Motorsports Park: 53.7mi, 58min
    Thompson Raceway Park: 50.6mi, 55min
    Dragway 42: 47.7mi, 49min

As far as road course rental is concerned, this is a direct quote I got from NLRC management last year when I was considering a fall rental with my Lake County pals:
    We are currently renting out the track only for private track rentals at $2,000 per day Monday through Thursday and $2,500 per day from Friday through Sunday. This is a full day from 9-5, so lots of track time. Gates would open at 8 to allow the event to come in and set up and gates would close at 7. This is bare bones without corner workers or having an ambulance there, but the entire facility would be the renters. We can provide the ambulance at a cost of $110 per hour and the number of corner workers depending on what type of cars and number of participates would be running at $100 per worker.

With our insurance policy it would allow six hot cars on the track at a time but as many as you would like waiting ready to go. For example the group this weekend, has three groups of six constantly rotating all day in twenty five minute intervals. The renters this weekend, have hired five corner workers to cover the track, this worked as they had mostly experienced guys running. With just having six cars, we do not need to have an ambulance there but we highly suggest it! It is up to the renter to stage groups and decide how to go about that. Track experience is up to the renters of what they feel comfortable with.

I do not know that this is CURRENT pricing, but does confirm what was posted above - road course rental is a pricey proposition.
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    There is something in the "works" at this moment, just waiting for the people at ground zero to get back to us. Details TBA.
    If you are referring to KC I am sorry but I don't think we can pull it off in this short amount of time. Plus a lack of time on my part makes it even more difficult to put together a well planned event. Vacation or time off from work is a whole other story. Maybe next year buddy sorry.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Sooooooo....

Any update on MV?
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

As far as I can tell, the Ohio plan fizzled out; I've been busy trying to piece the Vic, Marauder, and '62 back together.

time for the LJI MV1..party at Jerry's!

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Would love that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Build# 1979/3214
    Year 2004
    300B
    Ext. DTR
    Int. Dark Char
    FINALLY BOOSTED!!!

could do factory tour where some special marauder mods are made, for those into machine shops,
    a tour of the lji marauder museum, with an actual boost in progress on a blue.
    and then a road tour called " boostin around detroit"
    Last edited by RubberCtyRauder; 06-26-2017 at 09:00 AM.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information