Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air bags

I'd like to hear their explanation of how new air bags can be "too much" for an old compressor. I would think new air bags would be better for it as they wouldn't have any leaks and wouldn't require the compressor to run as long or as often.

Generally the compressor starts to sound like an old diesel truck for quite a while before they actually go bad. If it's not noisy or demonstrating some other abnormality, I agree with Byron...leave it alone.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    I'd like to hear their explanation of how new air bags can be "too much" for an old compressor. I would think new air bags would be better for it as they wouldn't have any leaks and wouldn't require the compressor to run as long or as often.

Generally the compressor starts to sound like an old diesel truck for quite a while before they actually go bad. If it's not noisy or demonstrating some other abnormality, I agree with Byron...leave it alone.

Good points, thanks. I spoke with another guy there after I posted today who recommended the new solenoids & o-rings with the bags, but agreed there was no need to replace a working pump. Two bags and solenoids were $305 shipped, so it wasn't a bad deal considering their limited lifetime warranty.

The compressor seemed more noticeable the last couple of days I ran it, but I put that down to hearing it way more often than usual; we'll see.

Bag install looks pretty simple, I'll post a quick update after I get them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    Arnott also said new bags sometimes were "too much" for the old compressor
    This is the biggest line of bull$j!t ever said. Trying to increase sale by preying on peoples ignorance. Shame on them.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Air bags

Have to say the guy I talked to there later disavowed this, and provided great customer service. That bit came from the same person who first told me they didn't support the MM, and later that there was no difference in spring rate between the standard and HD bags.

Based on the info and service I got from them yesterday, I definitely would buy from them again, despite the initial misinformation from that one person.

2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    Have to say the guy I talked to there later disavowed this, and provided great customer service. That bit came from the same person who first told me they didn't support the MM, and later that there was no difference in spring rate between the standard and HD bags.

Based on the info and service I got from them yesterday, I definitely would buy from them again, despite the initial misinformation from that one person.

That's good.

People in the industry that screw people over just REALLY piss me off.

There is PLENTY of $$$ to be made honestly if you have any amount of skill, no need to shaft people to make a buck.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12