Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eaton Swap vs. Trilogy Price?

Eaton Swap vs. Trilogy Price?

I realize that the Trilogy is custom perfect fit for the marauder and therefore it cost more because anyone can slap it on, but how much does the eaton swap cost, approx of course.

Appx 3200 in parts if you shop for them correctly.

yup^ exact same performance
    2010 fusion se

I mannaged to find a used trillogy kit for 2k but it's missing some parts. I already bought some of the missing parts and it looks like the final price will be around 3k not including the dyno tune.

To be fair..... What you are paying for in a Trilogy(besides the blower) is the time and engineering that went into the fabrication of the kit parts, and the tune, so that you could run your vehicle as soon as the kit was properly installed and the tune properly loaded. Though subjective, the Trilogy is a much better looking display under hood with an very factory look. If a kit is acquired from Trilogy, a customer gets everything they needed exept tools and know how.

With the Eaton swap, the additional steps include fabbing/sourcing your own parts, dyno tuning (most do this with the Trilogy at some point too, again just to be fair) and the need for a considerable amount of time to install all of it..... Oh yea, and if you mess it up, or a part breaks during install??? You are on the hook vs, having Trilogy in your corner......

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.......In terms of time to street/track with a well performing Marauder........ The Trilogy set up will get you to a finished usable vehicle quicker and more finished off, if that is a factor in your decision making.

Food for thought. I know we all like what we have. Not out to convince folks of what should be a personal choice..... Just want to offer a balanced perspecitive.
    Last edited by GAMike; 08-20-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Quote Originally Posted by GAMike View Post
    To be fair..... What you are paying for in a Trilogy(besides the blower) is the time and engineering that went into the fabrication of the kit parts, and the tune, so that you could run your vehicle as soon as the kit was properly installed and the tune properly loaded. Though subjective, the Trilogy is a much better looking display under hood with an very factory look. If a kit is acquired from Trilogy, a customer gets everything they needed exept tools and know how.

With the Eaton swap, the additional steps include fabbing/sourcing your own parts, dyno tuning (most do this with the Trilogy at some point too, again just to be fair) and the need for a considerable amount of time to install all of it..... Oh yea, and if you mess it up, or a part breaks during install??? You are on the hook vs, having Trilogy in your corner......

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.......In terms of time to street/track with a well performing Marauder........ The Trilogy set up will get you to a finished usable vehicle quicker and more finished off, if that is a factor in your decision making.

Food for thought. I know we all like what we have. Not out to convince folks of what should be a personal choice..... Just want to offer a balanced perspecitive.
    you pretty much nailed it, except the part about looks, my swap looks like my car came that way.
    2010 fusion se

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSlayer View Post
    you pretty much nailed it, except the part about looks, my swap looks like my car came that way.
    +1

No doubt a Trilogy set-up looks really clean, but a well-installed Eaton swap looks pretty sweet, too.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

my swap looks like my car came that way.
    i want mine that way too dave!
    392 Challenger YELLOW JACKET
    12.28@114 stock

I bought my kit used from a member and Jerry STILL stands behind it! Enough said.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMike View Post
    To be fair..... What you are paying for in a Trilogy(besides the blower) is the time and engineering that went into the fabrication of the kit parts, and the tune, so that you could run your vehicle as soon as the kit was properly installed and the tune properly loaded. Though subjective, the Trilogy is a much better looking display under hood with an very factory look. If a kit is acquired from Trilogy, a customer gets everything they needed expert tools and know how.

Food for thought. I know we all like what we have. Not out to convince folks of what should be a personal choice..... Just want to offer a balanced perspective.

I fully agree go with Trilogy or Vortech, both are good kits both have there pluses and minuses, but at least you do not have to re do the engine compartment and with all that said and done, is it really worth it. Cobra Mustang Eaton blower that has been documented here to have the IAT's run in the 130 plus IAT range and on a stock Marauder with a SAFE tune might make 368, you have to remove the stock OEM knock sensors re'locate them where there entirely useless, after back to back passes at the track in hot weather the car becomes heat soaked, now this is just my opinion I am not trying to start a gang bang or Bonn fire so lets leave it at that. I do not care who's kit you use but do your home work.

Respectfully.
    Dennis A Reinhart

Wink

you pretty much nailed it, except the part about looks,
    Yeah your intake is on the WRONG SIDE!!!

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Actually its on the right side, they came from the factory on the wrong side.

Dennis the cobra eaton and trilogy eaton and pretty much the same and you have to delete or relocate the useless knock sensors on either since they use the same lower intake
    2010 fusion se

What about for us guys that have tons of knowledge with cars...but just under the line of "know-how", that maybe a blower install is best left up the pros?
    Does Trilogy and anyone else, install these things - and does it increase the cost substantially?
    (If this ever is in the cards for my car - I would even send it Trilogy if thats the case).
    "Barry's" the name;
    Drums and Cars are my game

"I smash the pedal; air and fuel go in; witchcraft happens; I go fast!"

"No question is stupid, if you don't know the answer!"

2004 / Black / 1981 of 3214.
    #184 of 509 in black out of 1214 total in all three colors with the moonroof option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockettman View Post
    What about for us guys that have tons of knowledge with cars...but just under the line of "know-how", that maybe a blower install is best left up the pros?
    Does Trilogy and anyone else, install these things - and does it increase the cost substantially?
    (If this ever is in the cards for my car - I would even send it Trilogy if thats the case).

The average cost for the Trilogy is 6k non polished and the average install is 1000.00 if you have the car re,tuned that will be another 500.00 and it makes no difference in who you buy any kit from, you always want to have the AF reverified take no short cuts make sure it is set right and the SC will last the life of the car if treated properly.

if you know anything about mechanics or cars you can install a trilogy in a weekend. for the eaton swap, you have to know a little more and be able to think outside the box as there are no instructions and some fabrication is necessary.
    2010 fusion se

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information