Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engine ticking up top,right side, is it time to panic?

I'm gonna look into steel tensioners today. Primary chains too. My plastic tensioners seem to be stroked out a lot. Just guessing but I think last person who working on it replaced guides and that's it

I may have an extra set of steel tensioners. I will look when I get home. If I do you can have them free.
    2003 MM 300A #4271 [BURNOUTS ACROSS AMERICA car / RIP Paul Casey]
    fully built teksid motor done 3/1/16, too many mods to list...

Visit my garage for details

I do have a set of iron tensioners if you want them. PM me your address
    2003 MM 300A #4271 [BURNOUTS ACROSS AMERICA car / RIP Paul Casey]
    fully built teksid motor done 3/1/16, too many mods to list...

Visit my garage for details

Wow! Was not expecting that kind offer. Bought car last November, spent $1500 to buy it and tow it home. $1500 to get it roadworthy and sort of running, drove it 2 days for a total of 100kilometers only to find it had serious engine issues. Been researching the engine for 4 months, found some great parts and tools online in the States only to see they don't ship here. MMR for instance. Got impatient and ordered stock tensioners (plastic) and primary chains from Ford dealer today$500. Zero luck on steel tensioners here. Performance parts for modulars are nonexistent in town or this province for that matter. I'm set to retire in 3yrs and plan on a frame off restoration. Will yank drivetrain and freshen it up then. Found out today a buddy has an address in North Portal on the border between Saskatchewan and North Dakota so I'll try that route eventually. Plastic tensioners should suffice till then. I don't drive much. Have a 2013 gmc with 29000k, 2008 Boyd Coddington f150 with 53000k. Thank you for the offer F1erceK but I must respectfully decline

Quote Originally Posted by Shinker View Post
    Wow! Was not expecting that kind offer. Bought car last November, spent $1500 to buy it and tow it home. $1500 to get it roadworthy and sort of running, drove it 2 days for a total of 100kilometers only to find it had serious engine issues. Been researching the engine for 4 months, found some great parts and tools online in the States only to see they don't ship here. MMR for instance. Got impatient and ordered stock tensioners (plastic) and primary chains from Ford dealer today$500. Zero luck on steel tensioners here. Performance parts for modulars are nonexistent in town or this province for that matter. I'm set to retire in 3yrs and plan on a frame off restoration. Will yank drivetrain and freshen it up then. Found out today a buddy has an address in North Portal on the border between Saskatchewan and North Dakota so I'll try that route eventually. Plastic tensioners should suffice till then. I don't drive much. Have a 2013 gmc with 29000k, 2008 Boyd Coddington f150 with 53000k. Thank you for the offer F1erceK but I must respectfully decline

$500??!! The Ford Racing timing kit has everything even includes new front cover bolts for $500! Doesn't Summit or Jegs deliver to you??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I think they do ship to Canada but I have never ordered anything from them so that route was a bit of an unknown to me and at a 35% exchange rate plus shipping costs I figured I'd just order from Ford in town here and get the parts next day. Really want to get it going asap. I'm starting a month long shutdown in a week

Knock Knock, its me, Rod bearing!
    Those guides look brand new, that noise to me sounds like a spun rod bearing and not timing related.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinker View Post
    I think they do ship to Canada but I have never ordered anything from them so that route was a bit of an unknown to me and at a 35% exchange rate plus shipping costs I figured I'd just order from Ford in town here and get the parts next day. Really want to get it going asap. I'm starting a month long shutdown in a week
    36% exchange rate? wowza!!! didn't realize is was that high anymore.

i'm about to start shopping for kitchen cabinets. maybe it's time to run across the border. i did that years ago for composite decking material, quite the savings.

edit: just looked it up. only appears to be 25% as of today.
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by lji372 View Post
    36% exchange rate? wowza!!! didn't realize is was that high anymore.

i'm about to start shopping for kitchen cabinets. maybe it's time to run across the border. i did that years ago for composite decking material, quite the savings.

edit: just looked it up. only appears to be 25% as of today.
    Ontario might be 25%, Saskatchewan might be another rate
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Ontario might be 25%, Saskatchewan might be another rate
    The Canadian dollar is the same in all provinces , The exchange rate today it is worth 75 cents to 1 dollar US.

I agree with old timer it is rod knock not tensioners .
    Your engine is not ticking it is Knocking .

AMERICAN MUSCLE has the Ford Racing kit for a good price and ships to your door.
    Last edited by MERCURY 2003LSE; 03-21-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    SOLD MY MARAUDER .

Just picked up tensioners and chains so starting on it tomorrow. Rich buddy who has a place in Arizona told me 35% exchange rate at local bank so that scared me off. Plus the fact I have never bought anything online or over the phone using credit card. Old habits die hard. Hope it's not a rod bearing. Drove 100k with it makin that noise. I would think engine would seize up or grenade completely? After fixing cranes for 25yrs the marauder is actually fun to work on so it is what it is and I'll have to deal with it either way.

Does the knock go away when the engine heats up or is always there?

Most noticeable at idle warmed up. Didn't hear it when driving. Highway or in town. Rev it up a bit and it's barely audible. Start it after sitting overnight and can't hear it till idle drops down.

Clearly I'm in denial. Lol Really didn't wanna get into the bottom end yet.

Pull the oil filter and pan plug look for shiny parts

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information