Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 15S39 LCM Bypass Recall - Documented

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    Just wanted to know if one out of a wreck would do for a core to send to you.
    As long as it fits a MM it will do as a core. Just make sure it's not burned up inside.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    Canadian Marauders have DRL's that keep just the headlights on all the time.
    Not me. I did my apprenticeship with Fleet Service at the Post Garage for the RCMP. None of the CVs had DRLs enabled, kinda hinders sneaking around. A dead give away that a vehicle was an unmarked one, was if no DRLs were on. Believe me, they stood out in a sea of headlights during the day.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Quote Originally Posted by Taemian View Post
    Not me. I did my apprenticeship with Fleet Service at the Post Garage for the RCMP. None of the CVs had DRLs enabled, kinda hinders sneaking around. A dead give away that a vehicle was an unmarked one, was if no DRLs were on. Believe me, they stood out in a sea of headlights during the day.
    I doubt Ford built any Canadian VIN'd cars without DRL just for LEO's. Disabling the Canadian DRL in a panther is as easy as removing a fuse, which is likely what happened during initial outfitting.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    I doubt Ford built any Canadian VIN'd cars without DRL just for LEO's. Disabling the Canadian DRL in a panther is as easy as removing a fuse, which is likely what happened during initial outfitting.
    Logizyme, please elaborate on how one would disable the DRM. I have a Canadian
    Marauder with DRL that I imported and I have long wondered how to disable the DRL
    feature. Thanks

BJB Fuse #11 20A
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Many thanks Logizyme

Newer Panthers have the kill-DRL via computer I've been told, the older ones it was a simple module to unplug.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Thank you for this post

Recently I got a nasty letter from Ford because I did not have the LCM recall done, threatening me for being negligent if the lights fail. The service department at my reputable local dealer advised against having this repair done unless I had any prior problems. Your explanation of the procedures involved clearly demonstrates that a half-ass fix to something that is not broken can be worse than leaving it alone. Thank you for this post, and I express my disappointment with Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Recently I got a nasty letter from Ford because I did not have the LCM recall done, threatening me for being negligent if the lights fail. The service department at my reputable local dealer advised against having this repair done unless I had any prior problems. Your explanation of the procedures involved clearly demonstrates that a half-ass fix to something that is not broken can be worse than leaving it alone. Thank you for this post, and I express my disappointment with Ford.
    I can fix your LCM for you.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I can fix your LCM for you.
    Do the new modules (4W7Z-13C788-BD) that Ford sells have the update included or do they still need the fix/repair?

Quote Originally Posted by NXSBOB View Post
    Do the new modules (4W7Z-13C788-BD) that Ford sells have the update included or do they still need the fix/repair?
    No, there is no update other than new or improved functions. Same exact parts inside.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

With parts and directions from fastblackmerc, goldpanther, and limited360, I've gotten all of the exterior lights onto LEDs along with an external headlight harness to reduce the load on that relay in the LCM. And I had the warranty extension work done, too. Given how little I drive the car these days, not too worried about the new LCM going bad. I do recommend the external harness, though. Power the headlights through larger gauge wiring instead of that 18g wire running throughout. If I can get my crap together, though, I want to have my LCM upgraded, just to be safe. Fastblackmerc, I've probably said I'd be sending the damned thing out to you about a half dozen times by now. Sorry I'm such a putz. But the electronic signal flasher is sill working great.
    "Beast, Jr."

2003 300 A, 4.10:1 gear, JLT CAI, Marty tune, Nitto 420S and 555 tires, NGK TR55 plugs, J-mod, Skull lock knobs, and a new windshield

The issue I'm having is that there's a short where the harness plugs into the LCM. Sometimes my taillights won't come on. I can reach up under the dash and wiggle the connector to the LCM, and when you hear a relay "click", the taillights will come on.

I've had the relays replaced in my LCM 100K ago, but not sure if this issue is fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukwheet View Post
    The issue I'm having is that there's a short where the harness plugs into the LCM. Sometimes my taillights won't come on. I can reach up under the dash and wiggle the connector to the LCM, and when you hear a relay "click", the taillights will come on.

I've had the relays replaced in my LCM 100K ago, but not sure if this issue is fixable.
    Sounds like there is a loose or bent pin in the connector. I doubt it's a problem inside the LCM.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Bukwheet View Post

I had the recall done and My brake lights won't come on either. Have to press the pedal pretty hard. I may swap the switch to see if it helps. If not, it's going back to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information