Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife crashed MM last night

Wife crashed MM last night

My wife was otw to work last night and called to tell me that she had run off the road. She was ok, but the car took some licks. Front bumper cover destroyed, both front fenders, both front doors, header panel grill bolts to is cracked, both marker lights and fog lights. The car has close to 190k on it and I rebuilt the engine, trans, and put 4:10's in it at 160,820. It has SW long tubes w/ full 2-1/2" exhaust (x-pipe), FTI 2800 stall, J-mod, Moes Tune, UD pulleys, K&N. The car has had a rough life before I got it and I think it's had front end repair before. Unfortunately I had just dropped full coverage on it due to the previous insurance provider being jerks. The interior is in good shape as was the rest of the car before the crash. Should I fix it, sale it as is, or part it out? I just don't know what to do at the moment. I'm in middle GA.

Sorry for you loss. Consider parting it out as being the most profitable. The built motor will pull in Big $$$.
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

My Garage

post some pics, but I might consider buying another marauder and putting your upgrades on it..headers tune, exhaust etc.. engine and trans either save as spare or is easily worth a few grand and part out the rest..maybe shout out to Marty at MO's..He is in Dallas, GA and might know of another car to swap stuff too in the area.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmobile View Post
    Sorry for you loss. Consider parting it out as being the most profitable. The built motor will pull in Big $$$.

I think parting it would be the most profitable, but if someone wanted to buy it now as is? Parting it out could prove to be a big pita. I drove the car home after the wrecker driver and myself pulled the passenger fender off of the front tire with his wench. It still drove and shifted ok, the steering wheel might be a little off though.

Here's some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

could maybe look for a front clip from an 03-05 grand marquis thru car-part.com.
    grille would have to be aftermarket and front bumper cover is avail. aftermarket..any 98-2011 door from crown vic or grand marquis will fit. will need to save outer door molding
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

After looking at it, I'd say it's more on the re-build-able side. I wouldn't even inform the INS co. as long as no one was injured.
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

My Garage

Hoping the wife wasn't injured.

One of the reasons my current Mustang had such low miles on it when purchased was the previous owner refused to let his wife drive it! The other reason was no one had a clue what was killing the battery on a regular basis. It was in the garage, under a cover and literally in 'brand new' condition when I bought it.

My Marauder was originally owned by a woman, who racked up some miles the two years she owned it. The man who bought it from her barely drove it at all the 12 years he owned it. Under his care, it was parked in a large shop/garage under a cover most of the time. I received the car in nearly new condition as a result.

Hoping you'll fix your car and stay in the Marauder 'family'!
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Buy a solid car with no collision damage , pull your upgrades off and move on to a solid car , yeah it could be repaired but the cost will be more than the car is worth its totaled.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    Buy a solid car with no collision damage , pull your upgrades off and move on to a solid car , yeah it could be repaired but the cost will be more than the car is worth its totaled.

I think it could be repaired too. I haven't told ins about it, so it has a clean title still, but I just don't know how rough of a life the car had before I got it. Do you think it is totaled?

I personally would fix the car. Or sell it to someone that will. Just be glad the damage is not on the rear quarters. Good luck
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    could maybe look for a front clip from an 03-05 grand marquis thru car-part.com.
    grille would have to be aftermarket and front bumper cover is avail. aftermarket..any 98-2011 door from crown vic or grand marquis will fit. will need to save outer door molding

Thanks for the info, I've been on car-part all morning looking for parts. It really sucks, but at least my wife is ok and no one else was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    I personally would fix the car. Or sell it to someone that will. Just be glad the damage is not on the rear quarters. Good luck

If I were to sell it as is, what do you think it's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Hoping the wife wasn't injured.

One of the reasons my current Mustang had such low miles on it when purchased was the previous owner refused to let his wife drive it! The other reason was no one had a clue what was killing the battery on a regular basis. It was in the garage, under a cover and literally in 'brand new' condition when I bought it.

My Marauder was originally owned by a woman, who racked up some miles the two years she owned it. The man who bought it from her barely drove it at all the 12 years he owned it. Under his care, it was parked in a large shop/garage under a cover most of the time. I received the car in nearly new condition as a result.

Hoping you'll fix your car and stay in the Marauder 'family'!

Historically no one drives my cars, but with our two children an swapping cars it's what happened. Now my turbo car? NO ONE will ever drive it!!!

Sucks man. I hope you get some delicious sexual favors from wifey due to the mishap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information