Thread: Heat coming from the top and bottom of dashboard with no air or heat on.

Heat coming from the top and bottom of dashboard with no air or heat on.

The car has 197k on it, motor was replaced at 173k about 2 1/2 years ago. Blend motor needs to changed and I and I think the blower motor might of went out as well. Now when I'm driving for about 10 minutes the cabin gets hot, I can feel hot air coming from the top and bottom vents of the dash. Any idea of what could be causing it?? Could it be the transmission getting to hot, because I also noticed today that when I went WOT the RPMs went up it hesitated then went into gear. Transmission feels like its starting slip going about 35-40 mph. Only work done to transmission was the JMOD and that was in 2012. I know that's a lot but could the transmission be on its way out which it's getting too hot which is causing the heat to come thru dash when no air or heat is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My transmission was rebuilt 9 months ago. I have that weird heat thing too. Heat isn't on, but it's got as **** in the car lol. I just crack the sunroof😏

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cabotwick View Post
    My transmission was rebuilt 9 months ago. I have that weird heat thing too. Heat isn't on, but it's got as **** in the car lol. I just crack the sunroof

How long has that been happening? Me myself I've never had that issue with the heat until about June or July of this year.

Almost 2 years. I had the heads done, replaced that stupid aluminum tube with a hose, and I've had it pressure threaded 4 times because it continued to overheat until i bled it like 5 times. But the heat is still there. Maybe because the air blend door is stuck, the great constantly flows... I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Cabotwick View Post
    Almost 2 years. I had the heads done, replaced that stupid aluminum tube with a hose, and I've had it pressure threaded 4 times because it continued to overheat until i bled it like 5 times. But the heat is still there. Maybe because the air blend door is stuck, the great constantly flows... I dunno

Oh ok. I dunno myself I'm thinking it's because of the blend door but that has been acting crazy for about a year. The heat issue just started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrauder83 View Post
    Oh ok. I dunno myself I'm thinking it's because of the blend door but that has been acting crazy for about a year. The heat issue just started.

Did you run the EATC self-test?

Run it and report back the code(s) you get.

The hot water is constantly flowing through the heater core. The blend door regulates the amount of hot & cold piped into the cabin.

I bet your EATC needs to be rebuilt also.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Did you run the EATC self-test?

Run it and report back the code(s) you get.

The hot water is constantly flowing through the heater core. The blend door regulates the amount of hot & cold piped into the cabin.

I bet your EATC needs to be rebuilt also.

Ok, I'll do the test when I get off this evening. Thanks for the info that's new to me never had this issues before. What does the rebuild consist of?

Ok, I'll do the test when I get off this evening. Thanks for the info that's new to me never had this issues before. What does the rebuild consist of?

Error code was 024

Error code was 024

024 = the blend door actuator is bad.

Part - about $75.00

Labor - 3-4 hours
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Replacing the o-rings. I also upgrade the button & fan wheel lights to LEDs.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Replacing the o-rings. I also upgrade the button & fan wheel lights to LEDs.

Ok so I can just send you the whole unit?

Ok so I can just send you the whole unit?

Yes, PM me for the details.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Yes, PM me for the details.

Ok

Thread Information