Thread: Tires Town Car? Cooper Zenon RS3-A or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires

Tires Town Car? Cooper Zenon RS3-A or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires

I took a trip to Ohio and brought back an 08 Town Car with 73K miles. It is the Base Retail Consumer Signature Limited plus two options. Hid Headlights and the White Wall Michelin tires. The only mod I have planned is to install a new posi carrier in the next week or so.

I like the HID's but the Michelins got to go.

After a lot of consideration I decided not to get snows and to go with All Season tires. There are numerous choices in the stock 225/60-17 size. But I spent too much time reading ratings in Consumer reports and Tire Rack. I was trying to find the best combo of Winter, Wet and Dry performance. BTW it really sucks that Tire Rack does not sell Cooper any more.

What I found was that I believe I could find a better combo of those features in 235/55-17 tires. The Coopers and the Goodyears (pretty much the only USA companies left) in the heading seem to be very good.

What I don't know is how these performance tires will run on the mushy Town Car. Will they beat the suspension? Will the car ride like Crapola? Ride is important to me but not the most important thing, I just don't want the Town car riding harsh or acting weird.

Anyway, Anybody run these particular tires??
    Cooper Zenon RS3-A or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tires

Thanks,
    Jay
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I had cooper zeon rs3a on my last marauder and they were great dry and wet (did not use car in snow, was always stored) would buy again without hesitation. Good pricing generally too, goodyear always seems high priced
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

What's wrong with the Michelin side walls on it now?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Cooper Zenon RS3-A on my CV LX Sport and I love them. No snow, but rain does not phase them, full trust at 75mph up a highway on ramp 180 curve.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    What's wrong with the Michelin side walls on it now?
    They are old and the sidewall is peeling back from the "white wall" part of the side wall and they never were a performance tire. They are long lasting and comfortable but I am willing to trade the long lasting pert of the equation for better performance.

Oddly I try to by USA products and though a TC is not a Marauder I will probably test the limits of whatever tire go on it so I want those limits to be a bit better then the average. I know purpose built, Summer for summer and winter for winter are generally the best but in this case I am trying to find the best compromise all season.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Thread Information