Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: installing a double din stereo

plug in nav.

Can I plug in my TomTom navigation into a double din head unit that doesn't have navi.??

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyc View Post
    Can I plug in my TomTom navigation into a double din head unit that doesn't have navi.??
    No, not unless your nav unit has a video out provision.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Here are the parts you'll need:

Scosche power, speaker connector: FD23B

Scosche install kit: FD1330 or FD1330B

To retain the steering wheel controls you'll need one of theses:

Pac Audio - SWI-X

Pac Audio - SWI-RC

So,there is no need for the aftermarket wire harness???The one in the box is all I need except for the speaker harness you state???No need for an antenna adapter???doesn't the FD1330B have a split dash surround???How about the metra 95-5817??? I've been looking at these new android units...They play all the apps on my phone...Your thoughts???

When you setup your steering wheel controls make sure you do it with your parking lights ON. Because of the resistance I had to dim my gauges very low at night to get the steering wheel controls to work. Was annoying as hell and I wasn't motivated enough to pull the whole dash apart to fix it.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

So,there is no need for the aftermarket wire harness???The one in the box is all I need except for the speaker harness you state???No need for an antenna adapter???doesn't the FD1330B have a split dash surround???How about the metra 95-5817??? I've been looking at these new android units...They play all the apps on my phone...Your thoughts???
    "So,there is no need for the aftermarket wire harness???The one in the box is all I need except for the speaker harness you state???"
    The aftermarket harness connects the harness from the radio (power, ground and speakers) to the factory connector. You can always splice the wires but the aftermarket connector and harness makes the unit plug 'n' play. Much cleaner look and easier to disconnect if needed. For the extra few bucks it's worth it. I can solder the connections for you, just pay for return shipping.

"No need for an antenna adapter???"
    Unless the radio takes a smaller diameter antenna plug there is no need for an antenna adapter.

"doesn't the FD1330B have a split dash surround???"
    I have no idea what a split dash surround is. This is what the FD1330B looks like: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scosche-19...N-Kit/10752395
    If you or the installer doesn't know how it works, take it somewhere else.

"How about the metra 95-5817???"
    I prefer the Scosche FD1330B to the Metra 95-5817, but both will work.

"I've been looking at these new android units...They play all the apps on my phone...Your thoughts???"
    I have a Pioneer AVIC-X940BT (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...on/AVIC-X940BT). It does everything I need. I have no experience with any of the newer Android units.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 01-07-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech347 View Post
    When you setup your steering wheel controls make sure you do it with your parking lights ON. Because of the resistance I had to dim my gauges very low at night to get the steering wheel controls to work. Was annoying as hell and I wasn't motivated enough to pull the whole dash apart to fix it.
    I never had that problem with the Axxess interface.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

The face plate has a bar across the middle...I understand about the harness...Thanks Jim,you're always there to help out....Much appreciated...I wouldn't buy a used unit....Gotta be new with a warranty...Not even a factory refurbished unit...
    Last edited by bugsyc; 01-07-2016 at 01:20 PM.

The face plate has a bar across the middle...I understand about the harness...Thanks Jim,you're always there to help out....Much appreciated...I wouldn't buy a used unit....Gotta be new with a warranty...Not even a factory refurbished unit...
    The faceplate is for a single or double DIN headunit. You just cut the bar out for a double DIN.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    I never had that problem with the Axxess interface.
    I had used the
    Pac Audio - SWI-RC

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

Getting my Kenwood DDX393 installed Thursday. First stereo install I'm not doing myself. Kinda nervous. All my past installs have been bolt in deals. This modifying the dash has got me worried.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Getting my Kenwood DDX393 installed Thursday. First stereo install I'm not doing myself. Kinda nervous. All my past installs have been bolt in deals. This modifying the dash has got me worried.

It's a nothing deal. Seriously, I scored it with a simple razor knife as I was too lazy to grab my mini air saw.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    It's a nothing deal. Seriously, I scored it with a simple razor knife as I was too lazy to grab my mini air saw.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    Very minor modifications needed. Easily done.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information