Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OEM Radio - 2003

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromSC View Post
    Hey all,

My 03 Marauder has a stock radio. The CD part works like a charm but the radio has no reception, at all.

It started going a while back. It would work sometimes and then suddenly go quiet. I was thinking it might be the antenna or antenna wire. I started chasing that today, starting from the back of the radio, but it seems to get lost behind the panel really quick, and I'm not sure where it ends. Also, I got thinking that the radio should at least pick up something, even if the antenna wire was not connected, but it doesn't. If I do "seek" or "scan" it just continually cycles all the way around.

Any ideas?

Bill
    I believe the Aliens are screwing with our units. I've had issues in the past and just recently
    the radio began losing the frequencies AM/FM but now it's playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by TJCOX View Post
    I believe the Aliens are screwing with our units. I've had issues in the past and just recently
    the radio began losing the frequencies AM/FM but now it's playing again.
    Common problem. It will start losing AM/FM again and then it will stop receiving them for good.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Castine, Maine & Brooklyn, NY & Walton, NY
    If you want to fix your OEM radio send it United Radio 800-686-0349 East Syracuse, NY 13057. Fixed mine factory original radio for the exact same reason 5 plus years and still perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    If you want to fix your OEM radio send it United Radio 800-686-0349 East Syracuse, NY 13057. Fixed mine factory original radio for the exact same reason 5 plus years and still perfect.
    Probably dried out electrolytic caps. Fixable, but questionable whether it is worth fixing. Yeah, original radio and all that, but how many of us are leaving our cars completely original?
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

I bought the Escape deck to replace my original deck (as I had the same problem as everyone else).
    Kept it in for a few years; and have since gone back to the original deck.

I bought an adapter for the cassette slot, that has the cord and an 1/8" plug at the other end, so I could just plug in my iPhone and have all my music at hand. (Radio has too many dammed commercials anyhow! lol).

This was best for me, as (at the time) I didn't have the cash, nor the desire/time to upgrade to an expensive unit; and as a result, I have access to a heck-of-allot more music that just the CDs that the other can hold.

That said..the Escape deck IS worthwhile as a "quick" and SUPER-EASY replacement.
    "Barry's" the name;
    Drums and Cars are my game

"I smash the pedal; air and fuel go in; witchcraft happens; I go fast!"

"No question is stupid, if you don't know the answer!"

2004 / Black / 1981 of 3214.
    #184 of 509 in black out of 1214 total in all three colors with the moonroof option.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information