It's time to kick off planning for our second annual Euro-Marauderville, an idea that was born last year when I met with a few Marauder enthusiasts at an American restaurant near Cologne, Germany.

Much like the American original I plan it to be a multi day event perhaps over an extended weekend period in either August or September (hopefully I won't get in trouble with the site administration for copyright violations here) I don't have a particular date in mind just yet because this is open to discussion with all of our European members to fit in with everybodies schedule as my goal is to get as many people as possible to attend. Marauder owners and enthusiasts across Europe are very spread out and don't even know of each other in many cases so I want Euro-Marauderville to change that and bring everybody together.

Once again the event will be taking place in Cologne, Germany since the majority of owners live in Germany so it should be a pretty centralized location for everybody to get to plus Cologne is also home to the Ford Europe headquarters and our car is a Ford product after all. I already have an event schedule in mind which I will describe in the following but this can of course be altered to everybodies preference.

• Friday: Arrival day, I will have a table reserved for dinner at the American Miss Peppers restaurant in Frechen, a suburb of Cologne which is where this idea originally started. You will get there when you get there, we will be waiting for you. You can of course organise convoys if you so like. I will have a look into hotels in the area to see if we could possibly get a group discount somewhere for accomodation.

• Saturday: Have a lazy breakfast in the hotel, then head over into Cologne to do some sightseeing, there are some great photo opportunities along the Rhine river bank opposite the town where we could line our cars up against the Cologne skyline with the world famous cathedral in the background, should look stunning! Later in the day we will head over to the Ford Europe headquarters, I will see if I can arrange a factory tour for that date.

• Sunday: After breakfast we will check out from our hotel and hit the Autobahn towards the world famous Nürburgring which is roughly 100 kilometres away and takes us a one and a half our drive. Commercial traffic is banned from our roads on Sundays so the Autobahn should be relatively empty which gives us the opportunity to put our feet down a bit, people attending from outside Germany might enjoy this bit just don‘t go crazy on this! The Nürburgring is out in the middle of nowhere and the Autobahn only takes us half way there, then it will be relaxing scenic country roads for the rest of the way, speed limits around the ring area are strictly enforced so stick to the posted limits. Also keep in mind that the Nürburgring Nordschleife is a public road itself with strict rules, not adhering to these rules can get you fined in the same way as you would be on any other road.

In the afternoon it will be time to say goodbye, you can either head home straight away or join a small group that will head back up to Cologne for another night in the hotel for those who have a further journey the next day.

I know that the majoritiy of our European members are not active around the forums so I will be emailing everybody that I know of. Our main problem over here will be to get the word out, as I was saying earlier people don‘t even know of each other. How great this event is going to be or if it is happening at all is entirely up to you because I‘m going to need as much help as I can from people, I won‘t be able to set this up on my own. Depending on how much interest we get, I'm also planning to design a run of shirts to commemorate the event but before we can even discuss about that I'm going to need everybody to help me spread the word on my mission to unite European Marauder enthusiasts.

Thank you!