Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Euro Marauderville 2016

Exclamation Euro Marauderville 2016

It's time to kick off planning for our second annual Euro-Marauderville, an idea that was born last year when I met with a few Marauder enthusiasts at an American restaurant near Cologne, Germany.

Much like the American original I plan it to be a multi day event perhaps over an extended weekend period in either August or September (hopefully I won't get in trouble with the site administration for copyright violations here) I don't have a particular date in mind just yet because this is open to discussion with all of our European members to fit in with everybodies schedule as my goal is to get as many people as possible to attend. Marauder owners and enthusiasts across Europe are very spread out and don't even know of each other in many cases so I want Euro-Marauderville to change that and bring everybody together.

Once again the event will be taking place in Cologne, Germany since the majority of owners live in Germany so it should be a pretty centralized location for everybody to get to plus Cologne is also home to the Ford Europe headquarters and our car is a Ford product after all. I already have an event schedule in mind which I will describe in the following but this can of course be altered to everybodies preference.

• Friday: Arrival day, I will have a table reserved for dinner at the American Miss Peppers restaurant in Frechen, a suburb of Cologne which is where this idea originally started. You will get there when you get there, we will be waiting for you. You can of course organise convoys if you so like. I will have a look into hotels in the area to see if we could possibly get a group discount somewhere for accomodation.

• Saturday: Have a lazy breakfast in the hotel, then head over into Cologne to do some sightseeing, there are some great photo opportunities along the Rhine river bank opposite the town where we could line our cars up against the Cologne skyline with the world famous cathedral in the background, should look stunning! Later in the day we will head over to the Ford Europe headquarters, I will see if I can arrange a factory tour for that date.

• Sunday: After breakfast we will check out from our hotel and hit the Autobahn towards the world famous Nürburgring which is roughly 100 kilometres away and takes us a one and a half our drive. Commercial traffic is banned from our roads on Sundays so the Autobahn should be relatively empty which gives us the opportunity to put our feet down a bit, people attending from outside Germany might enjoy this bit just don‘t go crazy on this! The Nürburgring is out in the middle of nowhere and the Autobahn only takes us half way there, then it will be relaxing scenic country roads for the rest of the way, speed limits around the ring area are strictly enforced so stick to the posted limits. Also keep in mind that the Nürburgring Nordschleife is a public road itself with strict rules, not adhering to these rules can get you fined in the same way as you would be on any other road.

In the afternoon it will be time to say goodbye, you can either head home straight away or join a small group that will head back up to Cologne for another night in the hotel for those who have a further journey the next day.

I know that the majoritiy of our European members are not active around the forums so I will be emailing everybody that I know of. Our main problem over here will be to get the word out, as I was saying earlier people don‘t even know of each other. How great this event is going to be or if it is happening at all is entirely up to you because I‘m going to need as much help as I can from people, I won‘t be able to set this up on my own. Depending on how much interest we get, I'm also planning to design a run of shirts to commemorate the event but before we can even discuss about that I'm going to need everybody to help me spread the word on my mission to unite European Marauder enthusiasts.

Thank you!

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Hmmm! I may have to check airfare from Boston to Cologne!!

Hi Marvin:

Joanne and I can't make the trip this year as we are going to be spending some of July and most of August crossing Canada by train and then cruising to Alaska.
    If I can help you any details from our last Euro-Marauderville adventure, just ask.

The companies that I had make the T-shirts, the clocks, and the bar signs still has the patterns and logo on file. Only the dates would change.

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    Hmmm! I may have to check airfare from Boston to Cologne!!

Non-stop

Sat/-Sat.
    $1,132.28

Wed - Wed:
    $982.28

hmmm
    Last edited by MM03MOK; 04-05-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Hi MG Driver

Well guess it looks like I have another 1000 miles to add to the odometer.

September would probably be better for me than August as trying to go anywhere on U,K roads at the weekend during July/August is a non starter, Kids are on school holidays and the roads are a nightmare, not only that the cross channel fares double in price. Saying that don't specifically organise anything around me as there is always the possibility I will notbe able to make it depending on work, ETC

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Hi Dereck,

you make a valid point we also have school holidays throughout July/August here so we should probably aim for September and hope that the weather and temperatures will still be okay at that time of the year.

The dates for the original Marauderville over in the States will be September 7-11 so I'm thinking to set ours up at the same time so that both Maraudervilles will be happening concurrently, bit of fun wouldn't it?

Are you planning on driving on the Nurburgring? That's a bucket list thing for me. I would love to ride in a taxi driven by Sabine Schmidt too.

Can you get Sabine Schmidt to drive a Marauder around the Ring? If you record her driving a Marauder I could die a happy man.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Yes that is the idea to take a lap on the Nürburgring Nordschleife. I will try to record a lap as well but I don't think we can get hold of Sabine Schmidt.

That's cool hope you guys post some awesome pics!
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

An open letter to my Marauder brothers and sisters across the pond:

Joanne and I were at the first Euro-Marauderville last summer. It was fantastic! If you can make any events that Marvin has planned....do it!
    On our side of the pond, we have Carlisle in June and the Marauderville weekends. The bonding between the car owners create memories that will last forever. On some cold winter night, you'll take out the pictures and re-live your weekend.
    If you can make the Euro-Marauderville weekend, do it. If it is a maybe...just try hard!

The date for Euro-Marauderville #2 is now set for September 9-11 in Cologne, Germany

Happening concurrently with Marauderville #14 in Cleveland, Ohio somebody suggested we should have a conference call with our American friends during the meeting and I actually like that idea so if anyone from the Cleveland team could chime in here maybe we could make that happen.

Thus far I have 4 confirmed Marauders in attendence (myself included) and I'm still waiting for a few more people to confirm, then I will speak to some hotels in the area about discount rates. If everybody who I invited would show up we'd have over 10 cars which would be blast but let's see how it goes.

I would also like to give a little shout out to MM03MOK and MERCMAN for sending me this Rebel With A Cause banner, we will be proudly flying it at Euro-Marauderville.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi MG Driver

A plan seems to be forming

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Very cool that there is a Marauderville outside of the States!

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    Very cool that there is a Marauderville outside of the States!
    Actually the one in Germany should be "Marauderburg".
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Marvin, send me a PM with your address. I can't find it from last August. I plan to send you something I'm working on.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information