Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Suspension Light on all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Baravelli View Post
    No compressor / vent solenoid command from RAS/VAPS Module. Solenoids are parallel wired so initial problem is module. PCM deny command if doors are open (door open / close sensor failure?).
    Will know more later.
    First guess: Relay.
    That black box behind the glove compartment has evolved over the years. Yours may have the EVO - VAPS / RAS which also controls variable speed power steering. AIR, VAPS control moved to the PCM and 2007+ are stand alone RAS. However, Driver Door Module and ABS are involved through the PCM. Second guess: that module. I find them in auto wrecking yards.
    This is all blue smoke. Is the Check Engine Light or the yellow DTC error lamp on? Stupid question, I know. You own a Panther and the CEL is always on. If so, invest in a quality OBDII reader WITH ABS. Panther owner's best friend.
    Thanks very much. My car is a 2003 Marauder. Thanks for you ideas!

No, the CEL is not on, and I do have an OBD reader ... no codes are getting thrown, which I thought odd.
    Yours truly,
    Meteorite - Royal Oak, Michigan

2003 300A - Black VIN = xxxxxxxxxxx600051 *** Build Date = 3/13/2002
    Best e.t. -- 12.31 @ 111.5 mph *** Now with: Trilogy #220, Alternative Auto Performance Tune + 4.10 Gears +SW headers + Metco control arms + Addco front and rear sta-bars + Dynotech Metal Matrix Driveshaft + Weldcraft widened wheels & MT drag radials.

2003 300B - Blue

And now ... 2003 Black (Trilogy #58)

1962 Mercury Meteor & 1963 Mercury Meteor

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    When my air bag light starting coming on, I replaced the compressor. But light was still on. Probably wasn't the compressor. Replaced the bags and everything was fine after that.

But I had noticed that it was riding low in the back when the air suspension light was on so I guess there was some other signs.

After I replaced the bags, I also noticed the compressor noise (coming on) didn't come on as nearly as much as it used to. :-) Suppose it was holding air better and longer with the new bags.
    I think my situation is different. The bags look really good, and the car holds a constant level for several days. No hissing sound, either, as there was on my other Marauder which definitely needed the air springs replaced.
    Yours truly,

Best e.t. -- 12.31 @ 111.5 mph *** Now with: Trilogy #220, Alternative Auto Performance Tune + 4.10 Gears +SW headers + Metco control arms + Addco front and rear sta-bars + Dynotech Metal Matrix Driveshaft + Weldcraft widened wheels & MT drag radials.

2003 300B - Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Baravelli View Post
    Is the Check Engine Light or the yellow DTC error lamp on? Stupid question, I know. You own a Panther and the CEL is always on.
    Hah, my friend, we're not driving clapped out vomit comets around here.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

OK, so I really don't know what the root cause of my issue was. But I have learned some more information.

After a few days, the Air Susp light didn't come on any more. Rear ride height remained unchanged - no noticeable leakdown.

Still, I had yet to hear the compressor run.

So I turned off the airbag switch, jacked up the rear of the car, supported it, and (with suspension at it's normal, current ride height), detached the ride height sensor link at the Watts Link
    end. Then I manually pushed on it. When I turned the air suspension switch back on, the compressor started up right away, and kept running until I turned the switch off again.

So, I think it is not the RAS Module located behind the glove box. I may simply need to re-set the ride height to make it ride 1/2" or 1" higher. But ... that doesn't explain why the warning
    light came on in the first place. So, a few mysteries still to unravel.
    Yours truly,

2003 300B - Blue

Just to bring closure to my issue here. I turned the air suspension switch off, jacked up the rear of the car, put jackstands under the axle tubes, and flipped the switch on again. I then, disconnected the bar between the Watts link and the ride height sensor.

Then, with the ignition on, I pushed on the lever arm of the ride height sensor to mimic the rear suspension being in too low a position. The compressor turned on and inflated the bags, until I once again moved the lever arm on the ride height sensor.

I then adjusted the sliding part on the Watts link so that the link bar could be re-installed. Now the car sits at a good height, and the air suspension warning light is no longer on.

So, the problem is fixed, with no parts being replaced. The only mystery remaining, as far as I can see, is why the warning light went on in the first place.
    Yours truly,

2003 300B - Blue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information