Thread: How I became a Marauder owner

unixadm Guest

How I became a Marauder owner

I'm a new member here and I just found out something pretty funny. See, I've only owned one previous Ford product and that was a 99 CVPI. It was slow, but a good solid reliable car. It was a former Renton Washington patrol car, dark blue. I cleaned it up, drove it for about 9 months and sold it and made about $1000. So that worked out well.

Fast forward to earlier this month. My dad wants to buy my '01 Tundra Limited 4x4 from me. So I started looking for another car and I didn't want anything too fancy because a big car payment isn't the way to go for me. So I located a very nice, low mile '03 CVPI, never used for police service on Ebay. I talked with the seller and everything seemed to be in order. Phone conversations, email, etc. I asked all the questions and got all the answers. So I'm the high bidder on this 10 day auction for about 5 days. 15 hours before it's due to close, I get an email to call him. The car is at 15,650 or so on Ebay and I had bid up to $16,500. I figured maybe he wanted to end the auction to get the ball rolling. However he tells me - Sorry David, but I'm going to sell the car to a guy who's closer on Ebay so that you don't have to worry about shipping the car. I'm like WTF? Mean while, he cancelled my bids off (I have 100% positive feedback) and now this other guy who was bidding against me is the high bidder.

I was pretty pi$$ed off and dissapointed because I wanted the car. I spent a lot of time doing shipping quotes, talking with the guy, etc. Then to be less than a day away from the auction ending to have it yanked out from under you really ticked me off. But hey - everything happens for a reason right? So the car sells for $15,450 the next morning.

Upset - I begin looking for another '03 but I can't find anything that looks good. My buddy at work says, why not try that 'Mercury' that seems a lot like you old Impala SS? I said - Oh yeah, the Marauder. I was really interested in the car when it came out - however the sticker was a bit high. But low and behold I found several on Auto Trader for 22-23k with under 15k miles and finally found the car I ended up buying here on the forums with 1975 miles on it for ~21k. To me, the $5-6k over what the CVPI would have cost me was worth it as I probably would have spent 2-3k just making the CVPI better.

So I buy the Maruader (well we're doing the paper work now) and I decided today to do a search on Ebay to see if any other CVPI's had popped up. You know - what if I didn't buy the Marauder what would I have found?

Low and behold the '03 CVPI I was going to win is back on Ebay! Turns out the guy who was 'closer' didn't have the funds because his wife said NO 2 hours after the auction. Long story short, deadbeat bidder. Here I am sitting with a check in my hand and this guy had nothing. So it's been relisted!

The really funny part is that at the time when I told my friends and work buddies what had happened with that CVPI, they all thought it was BS. They all knew I really wanted that CVPI - and when I told them the guy cancelled my bids they couldn't believe it. They all hoped and prayed the 'new' buyer wouldn't come through and I figured - yeah right. But it did happen and that is how I became an '03 Marauder owner. LOL

Long story short I'm glad I'm getting the Marauder. I think I'll have a lot more fun with it - but there is something to be said with a CVPI with dual spots clearing traffic on the freeway too. That '99 got me to work faster than anything else I've ever driven!

Welcome You will enjoy your Marauder and you will learn more about it on this site than you might care to know. But it is fun!
    2003A Black
    Really nice floor mats
    2005 Gold Wing, Really YELLOW

That's gotta be the best "I'm a new Marauder Owner" story yet!! Welcome to the best info site for your car.....period. I f you want to know --search the search box--and then if it's not your tea--just ask away--there are alot of family here to help.....have fun and let the grins begin..... ..good luck ......Tom
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new MM.

I was wondering if the Renton CVPI was a local purchase for you. (In other words, are you in the Pudget Sound?)

If so, that would make 9 of us.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

unixadm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by teamrope
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new MM.

I was wondering if the Renton CVPI was a local purchase for you. (In other words, are you in the Pudget Sound?)

If so, that would make 9 of us.
    Actually I'm down in Sacramento, CA. I had the CVPI shipped down.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I look forward to contributing. I'm no newbie to cars or forums - and yes I know how to do a search! hehe.

David

Quote Originally Posted by unixadm
    Actually I'm down in Sacramento, CA. I had the CVPI shipped down.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I look forward to contributing. I'm no newbie to cars or forums - and yes I know how to do a search! hehe.

David
    WOW! another member in Sacramento. Then there were 2! I've only seen 2 other MM's around town..both black. What color did you go for? Welcome to the board...lots of info here. Other area members are in Woodland, Tahoe, general Bay area and Fresno.
    Sactown

unixadm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown
    WOW! another member in Sacramento. Then there were 2! I've only seen 2 other MM's around town..both black. What color did you go for? Welcome to the board...lots of info here. Other area members are in Woodland, Tahoe, general Bay area and Fresno.
    I still to this day have not seen one driving around Sacramento. The car I'm buying is a Black '03 300A with 2000 miles on it. I'll be out in the Elk Grove area. Are there any meets in this area?

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    David , congrats on the Marauder. You'll enjoy it more than the CVPI.

I suspect the "other" guy on eBay didn't even exist. The seller didn't want to sell his car that low.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new Marauder.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

I still to this day have not seen one driving around Sacramento. The car I'm buying is a Black '03 300A with 2000 miles on it. I'll be out in the Elk Grove area. Are there any meets in this area?
    None yet that I know of. So when do you get your car?
    Sactown

and yes I know how to do a search! hehe.
    Oh, then you too have been called a moron by Ronman over on CVN...

BTW, welcome to MM.net, David...this place knows more about the Marauder than your dealer ever will...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

unixadm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord
    Oh, then you too have been called a moron by Ronman over on CVN...

BTW, welcome to MM.net, David...this place knows more about the Marauder than your dealer ever will...
    Ronman! LOL. That guy!

bryanknie Guest
    Down here in Florida, the MM is starting to clear lanes, as the Florida Hwy Patrol also uses them.

Thread Information