Thread: Feed back tail lights not working but brake lights work

Feed back tail lights not working but brake lights work

I was on the way home and one of my co-workers yelled I have no tail lights. I got off and yeah no tail lights but brake lights are working. I turned off and on the lights and their back on again like nothing. Your feed back is much appreciated. Thank you

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Sounds like it could be your LCM.

Brake lights are separate from any other lighting system controlled by the LCM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I did get that recall letter awhile ago for the LCM, thanks FBM

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

It's the LCM. same thing happened to me about a year ago. No other typical symptoms that one expects when the LCM acts up but taillights are part of of the lighting. Replace and move on
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Ok, thanks did you order a new one from the dealer? I have an extra one stashed too, now that I'm talking about it.

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

I can repair yours.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

LCM. heres a test: if lights are on and no tail lights, slap the LCM (or be like me and kick it) they should come on. My foglights dont work also when having this symptom, the nice part about that is if I pull the foglight knob out and the indicator light doesnt come on, I know I have no tail lights. slap the lcm, indicator turns green, now I dont have to get out of the car! LOL.

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by Chayton View Post
    LCM. heres a test: if lights are on and no tail lights, slap the LCM (or be like me and kick it) they should come on. My foglights dont work also when having this symptom, the nice part about that is if I pull the foglight knob out and the indicator light doesnt come on, I know I have no tail lights. slap the lcm, indicator turns green, now I dont have to get out of the car! LOL.
    Soon the kicking and slapping won't work.

I can fix it permanently for you.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Soon the kicking and slapping won't work.

I can fix it permanently for you.
    Just like my BCM lol! luckily I got one of those from pick n pull.. still working... for now. Wouldnt it just be easier to take it to the dealership and have them replace the LCM for free?

98 P71 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Chayton View Post
    Just like my BCM lol! luckily I got one of those from pick n pull.. still working... for now. Wouldnt it just be easier to take it to the dealership and have them replace the LCM for free?
    Sure would but try and find a dealership that has one, your car has to exhibit the symptom and meet the mileage criteria. There have been reports of new LCM's causing problems with the systems in the Marauder as they are made for newer cars. If the new ones craps out your out of luck.

I offer a "lifetime of the car" guaranty, If the car is still driveable I'll fix or replace an LCM I repaired.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Sure would but try and find a dealership that has one, your car has to exhibit the symptom and meet the mileage criteria. There have been reports of new LCM's causing problems with the systems in the Marauder as they are made for newer cars. If the new ones craps out your out of luck.

I offer a "lifetime of the car" guaranty, If the car is still driveable I'll fix or replace an LCM I repaired.
    ooh. I like the sound of that. Sheesh once I get some money together im gonna have a whole order list for yah

98 P71 SOLD

FBM IS ALWAYS ON POINT

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Although I have NO doubt that your unit is of much better quality, I had no issue getting my dealer to replace my LCM, and my car had ~175k on it at the time. I called, told them my headlights had been randomly in and out, and quoted the recall letter. They ordered me an LCM, had it in a couple days. I dropped it off around lunch time, walked across the street for a burger and a beer, and they called me before I got the check.

Thread Information