Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EATC codes 024 and 025

EATC codes 024 and 025

Ran a self test on my eatc and got codes 024 and 025.

Problem im having is that no matter whats selected either floor, defrost or vents, heat comes out thru everywhere. another issue with this is that If I start playing with lowering the temp, a knocking noise behind the dash will start like if something is stock. It will eventually stop but it takes about 3-5 mins. when switching to A/C also does the same thing but I get my cold air. So heat and A/C are both working. Its just that its blowing thru everywhere and the knocking noise when switch the temp.

Any Advice?

those are blend door codes, prolly blend door actuator
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Have you replaced the silicone 007 o rings in the eatc?
    Those are the remedy for your air everywhere issue

If you get full cold and full heat, I don't see it being the blend door actuator

Usually the actuator teeth strip making a clicking noise
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

bad o rings are usually where air blows out of defrost or floor only is what I have seen here.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Sounds like you have two issues.....

1 - air everywhere is usually a vacuum issue, most likely the o-rings inside the EATC.

2 - DTC's 024 & 025 & knocking noise = Blend Door Actuator gone or going bad.

Try running the EATC self diags a few times. That might temporary cause the Blend Door to start working correctly.

Checkout this thread:

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99619
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I will run the test a few times. Right now its all good. The fact that its blowing heat thru everywhere is fine with me. I close all the vent doors and keep the temp on 85 and on the lowest setting. As long as I can get thru this winter then I'll work on this in spring or warmer weather. Lets see how long before I get the knocking again.

Could also be a broken door in the heater box, have seen that a few times at work. Hopefully not in your case cause that is expensive.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

I started having an issue about not getting enough heat. I have checked all fluids and the coolant is at the proper level. The EATC seems to be working perfectly. I have to crank up the heat up to 85 F or 90 F and it takes about fifteen minutes for heat to come into the cabin. It will then get plenty hot. There is no clicking or unusual noises in the dashboard. The temps have dropped into the single digits here, it was 9 degrees on Friday and 10 degrees this morning. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    I started having an issue about not getting enough heat. I have checked all fluids and the coolant is at the proper level. The EATC seems to be working perfectly. I have to crank up the heat up to 85 F or 90 F and it takes about fifteen minutes for heat to come into the cabin. It will then get plenty hot. There is no clicking or unusual noises in the dashboard. The temps have dropped into the single digits here, it was 9 degrees on Friday and 10 degrees this morning. Anyone else have an issue like this?
    I've been having the same issue the past few cold days. I'm pretty sure it's just an air pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I've been having the same issue the past few cold days. I'm pretty sure it's just an air pocket
    Sorry, I didn't mention: I did complete coolant flush and replaced the thermostat two weeks ago and it seemed to have been working fine until now. Should I flush the system again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Either air in the cooling system or the blend door may be sticking or slow......
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I know mine is an air issue because I get heat as soon as i rev the engine up

Sorry, I didn't mention: I did complete coolant flush and replaced the thermostat two weeks ago and it seemed to have been working fine until now. Should I flush the system again?

I would burp the system again.. you may have air still in it.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    Could also be a broken door in the heater box, have seen that a few times at work. Hopefully not in your case cause that is expensive.
    I thought about this. Hopefully its not my case.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I would burp the system again.. you may have air still in it.
    I actually thought it was the BDA, but I will burp the system again first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information