Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Center Console Missing Piece

Center Console Missing Piece

Hey Guys

My Marauders centre console storage bucket has about 3 or 4 little rubber 'pegs' or seal things around the holes in the bucket, to help the lid close nicely.

Does anyone by chance...have any spares?

Recently my centre console was removed to have the leather re-done, and I noticed that one of the rubber pegs was missing...

I AM 110% CERTAIN, This vehicle had all of them and that no hole in the storage bucket came "without" a rubber peg.

I have a NIB center console insert/armrest and I just checked....there are only 2 rubber pegs diagonal from each other on the bottom half of the console insert.
    Then the latch hole/slot and finally an open hole that the armrest-lid's peg fits into when you close it.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    I have a NIB center console insert/armrest and I just checked....there are only 2 rubber pegs diagonal from each other on the bottom half of the console insert.
    Then the latch hole/slot and finally an open hole that the armrest-lid's peg fits into when you close it.
    OOhhhhhhhhhkay?

So uhmmmmm your point? I am asking if anyone HAS this part, not how many people have in theirs, or for someone to come on here just to say I got a tiny detail wrong.

I am curious if anyone has the rubber pegs available potentially so I can buy them

I think his point is maybe you are not missing the part you think you are as there are only two of them - not 4. You stated 3 or 4, Joe is saying you only need two. You did not state how many you are missing, just how many you think you need. i will chime in and say I have been looking online, off and on, for a couple of years and have not found it. I am sure there is something similar to that part but I can't find it. One day I will run into it at a hardware store or a swap meet but other than that I have no info for you.

Edit: You were 7 when these cars came off the assembly line, not sure you could be 110% sure about how anything came from the factory on these cars.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post
    I think his point is maybe you are not missing the part you think you are as there are only two of them - not 4. You stated 3 or 4, Joe is saying you only need two. You did not state how many you are missing, just how many you think you need. i will chime in and say I have been looking online, off and on, for a couple of years and have not found it. I am sure there is something similar to that part but I can't find it. One day I will run into it at a hardware store or a swap meet but other than that I have no info for you.

Edit: You were 7 when these cars came off the assembly line, not sure you could be 110% sure about how anything came from the factory on these cars.
    Look. Today my car was brought in and had the center console removed. Prior to this, I have read about those rubber parts going missing on some Marauders over time... Being as INCREDIBLY OCD AS I WAS. I checked to confirm my car had all of them. Since that day, each time I open my storage box, I check those little pegs.

Today I opened my storage box, and what do you know? One location that used to have one, no longer had one, and in it's place, was a plastic hole with some dirt around it signalling a peg was there at some point prior

Your comment on age is not only slightly incorrect but also very insulting. To assume that I can not see what is on my car or not has anything to do with my age when the car came out is absurd.

This happened on each one of the old threads I read also from years ago. So even before I was on this forum it was being argued over... I could make a comment on age but won't.

Instead of trying to find the part for everyone.... who owns this car, people do this..

I am so sorry if I incorrectly put how many were there. My question was finding one. Not how many. I'm sorry. I guess my search will yield more results else where.

I wish I could tag Zack in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    I wish I could tag Zack in this thread.

Maybe try #Zackcheckoutthisclown ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Paging Zack!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EricGrain View Post
    Hey Guys

My Marauders centre console storage bucket has about 3 or 4 little rubber 'pegs' or seal things around the holes in the bucket, to help the lid close nicely.

Does anyone by chance...have any spares?

Recently my centre console was removed to have the leather re-done, and I noticed that one of the rubber pegs was missing...

I AM 110% CERTAIN, This vehicle had all of them and that no hole in the storage bucket came "without" a rubber peg.
    110% eh? Not a math major. Post a pic of what you need. A picture is worth 1000 words... or posts to a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    I checked two of mine, that is how they are made. The one larger hole at the driver's side rear where the peg fits is supposed to have a grommet in it. One of mine is missing.

OOhhhhhhhhhkay?

So uhmmmmm your point? I am asking if anyone HAS this part, not how many people have in theirs, or for someone to come on here just to say I got a tiny detail wrong.

I am curious if anyone has the rubber pegs available potentially so I can buy them
    Me too, I need a grommet for the one that aligns with the peg in the lid.

Quote Originally Posted by stevengerard View Post

Junkyard is the only place to get some of these rubber pieces. I believe they are used in glove box doors, gas cap doors, etc.

Look. Today my car was brought in and had the center console removed. Prior to this, I have read about those rubber parts going missing on some Marauders over time... Being as INCREDIBLY OCD AS I WAS. I checked to confirm my car had all of them. Since that day, each time I open my storage box, I check those little pegs.

Today I opened my storage box, and what do you know? One location that used to have one, no longer had one, and in it's place, was a plastic hole with some dirt around it signalling a peg was there at some point prior

Your comment on age is not only slightly incorrect but also very insulting. To assume that I can not see what is on my car or not has anything to do with my age when the car came out is absurd.
    Young whipper-snapper is easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Paging Zack!!!!!!
    ZACK, get in here....
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

see if you can find what you want here, just because it says "GM" does not mean it wont work

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Ru...pers_s/162.htm

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Gr...rial_s/103.htm
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I usually try to be quite diplomatic and clearly I wasn't diplomatic enough with you. My point was Joe (a long time member) was trying to help you. I was merely trying to clarify whether you were in fact missing something or not. My point about your age has to do with the fact you didn't buy the car new so how would you really know what it came with or didn't. I bought my Marauder off the lot, just because it was suppose to come a certain way is no guarantee it did. Even in today's production process which is much more accurate than in the past. For those of us with older collector cars we realize that what we have isn't always the way it came or was suppose to be built (e.g. one of my 442s has the windshield fluid jug on the drivers side, according to the assembly manual all 442s have the jug relocated to the passenger side. Well mine isn't and it won't be.)

I had my Marauder delivered to me with daylight driving lights, I'm guessing that makes it one of less than 5 in the US but I will never be able to definitively claim that - because I can't - no records of that.

You can be easily offended or just realize I was trying to help you clarify whether you were missing something as well as realizing in the big picture of life — its no big deal.

Your response to me and Joe says more about age than anything else in this thread.

This happened on each one of the old threads I read also from years ago. So even before I was on this forum it was being argued over... I could make a comment on age but won't.

Instead of trying to find the part for everyone.... who owns this car, people do this..

I am so sorry if I incorrectly put how many were there. My question was finding one. Not how many. I'm sorry. I guess my search will yield more results else where.
    Last edited by stevengerard; 04-02-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    see if you can find what you want here, just because it says "GM" does not mean it wont work

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Ru...pers_s/162.htm

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Gr...rial_s/103.htm

Wow, thanks. I even searched that site. I found something close (the larger Ford bumpers) but not these, I knew they had to be out there. But see Eric, since you posted about these many of us have learned something.
    Steven

Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    Lidio tune

I had the same problem with the wife's Charger. Found some that were close, had to modify them to fit.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I wished I had never clicked this thread, now I have a headache

All this over a rubber nubby you can pick up at your local automotive paint supply store

Lmao

#zack
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information