Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro Marauderville 2017

Exclamation Euro Marauderville 2017

It's time to plan our third annual Euro-Marauderville weekend in Germany.
    I held off planning for a while in the hopes that we could join in on the same dates as Marauderville 15 stateside but I've learned that there won't be another Marauderville in the USA this year so I guess it's up to the Euro crowd to keep the tradition alive.

Euro-Marauderville 2017 will be held on September 1st-3rd in Paderborn, Germany.
    Our official hotel is the Road House Hotel located at a truck stop just off the Autobahn A33, this is a newly build 3 star hotel which is easy to reach and always offers the best rates in town. Nothing fancy but I've had friends staying there before and they all liked it. I will be handling the reservation I just need to know how many rooms we need and for how long you will be staying.
    http://www.roadhouse-hotel.de/en

Road House Hotel
    Borchener Strasse 322
    33106 Paderborn
    GERMANY

Friday:
    Arrival day, there will be a table reserved for us at the Miss Pepper American Restaurant in Paderborn at the same truck stop as our hotel so everybody can enjoy some drinks as no more driving will be required.
    http://www.misspepper.de/locations/paderborn/

Miss Pepper
    Borchener Strasse 336
    33106 Paderborn

Saturday: After breakfast at the Road House we will hit the road and convoy over to the Bilster Berg Drive Resort. This is a newly built race track and automotive proving ground about 20 miles east of Paderborn where manufacturers of high performance vehicles and automotive supplies go to test their new products in secrecy. The track was designed by world rally champion Walter Röhrl and is said to be one of the most challenging circuits in Europe. However unlike the world famous Nürburgring this track is closed off to the public with heavy security on site so you can only go in by appointment which we will have the chance to.
    http://www.bilster-berg.de/en

Bilster Berg Drive Resort

Bilster Berg 1
    33014 Bad Driburg

Upon returning from the track we will go past Paderborn in the opposite direction to a little village where I was born. My grandfather owns a little shack out in the woods over there which we can use to have our own little barbeque before heading back to the hotel. Public barbeques are illegal in Germany so we couldn't just have one in the hotel parking lot.

Sunday: On Sunday morning there is a little American cars & coffee meet at our hotel where we can participate. This is a regular event taking place on every first Sunday of a month hosted by our local American car club the "Paderborn County Cruisers"
    For those of you who don't need to be on the road home straight away we can also head over the Wewelsburg Castle. It's one of the few trilangular castles in the world with a very interesting history, most notably during Third Reich the SS occupied this castle and used it as one of their headquarters. The leader of the SS had bold plans for this castle to become the "center of the new world" following the "final victory" he planned a massive monumental estate stretching for miles so a concentration camp was build nearby to house all the workers for this project which was of course never finished. When American forces divisions closed in near the end of the war, the SS set the castle on fire and fled so by the time American troops reached the area it was completely burned down. The castle was later restored as a war monument and now houses a war memorial, several museums and a youth hostel.
    http://www.wewelsburg.de/en

Wewelsburg
    Burgwall 19
    33142 Büren

Once again please help me spread the word to make this event even greater than last years!

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Hi Marvin:

The new shirts will be arriving at my house by July 5th. I'll ship them to you the next day. You should have them by July 27.
    I changed the design on the back to show the Bilster Berg track, an aerial view.
    Enjoy the shirts.

We will be there

Euro-Marauderville III

attached is the front of the shirt.
    The rear has the aerial view of the race track you will be running the cars on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back view

rear of shirt view
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got the call from CustomInk.com.
    The shirts have been shipped to me this morning.

I should have them by July 5th, at the latest. They will then be shipped out to Marvin the next day.

I love it when a plan comes together.

I got them in the mail today

Super. Enjoy them

Don't forget to send some pictures.
    A few of us are going on a brewery tour this Saturday.
    We will be thinking of our brothers and sisters on the other side of the pond!

Hi Guys

Woo whoo another burger run

Not sure yet if I will make the full three days but there is definitely a plan to make it to Miss Pepper's on the Friday

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Don't forget to get a shirt. I shipped 14 shirts:
    2 Med, 8 Large, 4 XLarge

I had to guess at the sizes, but that grouping worked last year, and the year before.

Unfortuately we won't have much of a turnout at this years event as this is a busy time of the year for people so most of them can't make it.

So far we only have 5 confirmed entries so for next years event we already decided to move the dates to spring time.

Dereck, would you like me to handle the hotel reservation for you or do you prefer to book it yourself to give you more flexibility?

Would you be considering April, May, or June for next year?
    Joanne and I might be in Italy in May.

Hi MGDriver

Quote Originally Posted by MGDriver View Post
    Dereck, would you like me to handle the hotel reservation for you or do you prefer to book it yourself to give you more flexibility?
    I am actually fighting a conflict of interests to be at the meeting, at the moment there is a 95% chance I will be at Miss Pepper's because I can never resist a burger but only a 1% chance I will stay over for a couple days.

Should know the definitive plan later next week.

Regards

Dereck

We are not sure at the moment but probably will be at some point during May.

Okay Dereck, keep me updated on how your plan turns out in the end. I have completed the hotel reservations but if you do decide to stay an extra night or two, you can still book your room here: http://www.roadhouse-hotel.de/en/

Furthermore, the European Marauder Crew has been invited by Stuttgart based company Old School Custom Works, one of the countries most renowned American classic car importer, to join their annual GM B-Body meet "The B-Day" on September 16th, 2017 where we will be meeting up with the European Impala Crew. So far 3 Marauderers including myself have confirmed to join this epic Impala vs Marauder standoff. I will post some more info soon if anyone else is interested to join us.

September 16th, 2017

Old School Custom Works

Grunbacher Strasse 65
    71384 Weinstadt

Hi MG Driver

Well I can confirm I will be at Miss Peppers on Friday for the burger but will be driving straight back afterwards.

Another slight disappointment is owing to work commitments my girlfriend Jane cannot attend so my buddy Baz (who came to Miss peppers in March) will be riding shotgun

The Old School Custom Works meet sounds interesting, maybe I will have to come to that one to make up for only doing a partial Euro Marauderville

Regards

Dereck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information