Thread: Marty's Tune-Awesome

Marty's Tune-Awesome

Just wanted to say thanks to marty for helping me out with my tune. Car shifts aggressive and much smoother than stock. less of a dead zone in low rpm. Super easy to install. Just plug in and follow directions. To sum things up, I don't know how people could live without it. I only drove it for 20 minutes and already love it. Big thanks to marty and will update on the tune when I get 4.10s and new axles.
    -Mike

we told you so
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Glad I could help!!!

Yep, his tune really wakes our cars up.

How is it around town? My current tune is like taking off from a drag strip every time I go on a green light.

I want aggressive, but I'd like just enhanced performance and smooth shifting with no dead spots, lulls or surges around town. I'm not racing someone at every stop.

I have 4:10's, would want to take off the 127 limiter, and have a PI 3000 stall that needs to be factored in.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
    How is it around town? My current tune is like taking off from a drag strip every time I go on a green light.

I want aggressive, but I'd like just enhanced performance and smooth shifting with no dead spots, lulls or surges around town. I'm not racing someone at every stop.

I have 4:10's, would want to take off the 127 limiter, and have a PI 3000 stall that needs to be factored in.

Thanks for any info.

Don't exactly know how to answer your question... but Mo's has tuned three of my cars.
    1. A normally aspirated Maruder with a 410 rear end and 400,000 miles. 2. A trilogy Marauder where Mo' s installed the Stainless Works exhaust, 410 rear end, Zach and Jerry's Big Brake system and so on. 3. A 2003 SVT Cobra. Wouldn't trust my cars to anyone else.

I don't say or post it often enough, but their customer service is unparrelled. I can't recommend them highly enough. You will never have any regrets dealing with Marty, Jeff and the staff at Mo's Speed Shop.

Very thankful that their shop is only a 30 mile drive.

Quote Originally Posted by 82dawgcrazy View Post
    A normally aspirated Marauder with a 410 rear end and 400,000 miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by 82dawgcrazy View Post
    Very thankful that their shop is only a 30 mile drive.
    Quit rubbing it in...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Oh that guy Marty is a great guy.
    2004 Silver Birch; Sold in 2009
    Trilogy #73, 410's, K&N Air Intake, Widen Rear Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Balanced Driveshaft
    415 RWHP, 436 RWTQ; Best time 12.9
    Kenwood Audio, Signal Mirrors, GodsHead Badges on front and back

I envy you the exhaust most of all. DR used to sell a bolt on exhaust with x pipe and high flow cats for $900, that would probably add 25 HP to the car. I tried to buy it from him in 2005, but he pointed out my problems with it here in this damned state. I'll get it someday when I move to a free state. Other than delete tips from Wes at Innovative Interceptors, my exhaust is stock, so the car is basically breathing thru a straw.

I'm calling Marty tomorrow. I've spent $700 on tunes, and just don't want to duplicate one I already have, which is why I asked about it.

Thanks.

MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

I envy you the exhaust most of all. DR used to sell a bolt on exhaust with x pipe and high flow cats for $900, that would probably add 25 HP to the car. I tried to buy it from him in 2005, but he pointed out my problems with it here in this damned state. I'll get it someday when I move to a free state. Other than delete tips from Wes at Innovative Interceptors, my exhaust is stock, so the car is basically breathing thru a straw.

I'm calling Marty tomorrow. I've spent $700 on tunes, and just don't want to duplicate one I already have, which is why I asked about it.

Thanks.

There's no comparing the DR crap and what my shop does. None.

Marty's Tune-Awesome

Well, don't hold back Marty, tell us how you really feel, LOL! I'll take you at your word, along with everyone else's here. Sounds like I've been missing out. Got buried today but will be in touch this week.

If you think my current DR tune is crap, the first one would have really disappointed you, as it was all over the place. The second tune was better, but you don't know how many super hard shifts I've put on that tranny with it.

Trouble is, starting out all I had to compare the tune to was the canned 1725 which in many respects was more stable than that first DR tune. When you have nothing to compare it to, it's hard to put your finger on what's wrong.

Thanks again, and I'll try and give you a call tomorrow.

Best,

Norm

Well, don't hold back Marty, tell us how you really feel, LOL! I'll take you at your word, along with everyone else's here. Sounds like I've been missing out. Got buried today but will be in touch this week.

If you think my current DR tune is crap, the first one would have really disappointed you, as it was all over the place. The second tune was better, but you don't know how many super hard shifts I've put on that tranny with it.

Trouble is, starting out all I had to compare the tune to was the canned 1725 which in many respects was more stable than that first DR tune. When you have nothing to compare it to, it's hard to put your finger on what's wrong.

Thanks again, and I'll try and give you a call tomorrow.

Best,

Norm

No rush.

I am ready anytime you are.

Thread Information