Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 97 town car frame swap

97 town car frame swap

Does anybody know if you can take a 97 Lincoln Town Car and swap the frame from an 03 up Crown Vic want to build a project just curious how this would work out. I know the front part of the car would have to have some modifications done to fit because the 03 up front ends a little bit different on the Crown Vics and Lincoln Town Car Grand Marquis ECT. Then the previous years.

1997 Town car wheel base 117.4"
    2003 Crown vic 114.7"
    Don't know if that would be an issue but 3" is quite a bit.
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Well I know the wheelbase is wider but I'm going to be using the 03 Crown Vic style rims as well so my thinking is it should tuck under the fender well and look pretty good at least in theory. Lol the ideal is to build a Hot Rod Lincoln but I like the square 97 Lincoln Town Car body style so I'm wanting to put it on an updated chassis and then later cobra engine Supercharger all that kind of stuff if it'll even work. But I'm here and I'm open to all input and all info.

Not to stop your project. it's benn done to a 93 by a member here. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thegara...1759268618/amp
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Yes I read about his but he didn't change his chassis he stuck with the 93 chassis. I want my Lincoln on an updated chassis kind of like the marauder 03 Crown Vic police interceptor chassis for handling purposes!

97 town car frame swap

Quote Originally Posted by Themarauderguy View Post
    Well I know the wheelbase is wider

Just from this sentence I highly suggest you don’t start taking a car apart.

Besides, what you are dreaming up makes zero sense as you can easily adapt better suspension to the older frame. Just using stock ‘03 stuff is hardly an upgrade..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Just to let you know I've rebuilt cars in the past before no stranger to this. just in the sentence stated States how much you don't know. So smart guy tell me this is the axle on the marauder wider than the previous 02 Crown Vic? Lol like the offset of The Wheels on the 03 up Crown Vic is different than O2 in previous years!!! If we're talking about wheel base from the back wheel to the front that's not an issue. One last thing asking advice from someone if they've ever done this before and not knowing how to do it, or take a car apart and put one back together is a totally different thing. I've taken several cars apart and put back together shows how much you don't know!!! Lol

And for the record throwing money into a used car makes zero sense putting a supercharger on a car getting less fuel mileage makes no sense who cares if it makes sense we do it cuz it's what we like and it's fine since when did Hot Rodding have to make sense... lol lol

just so you know...justbob builds and fabricates just about anything. you are barking up the wrong tree. he speaks from knowledge. and he is right, an 03 cvpi chassis is no great road set up. what is so great about it that you must have it?

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I don't care if the guy built the planet if I want to build what I want to build I'll build it! and the 03 up chassis is better than the previous that's why most people who built hot rod Old Skool Ford pickups are putting them on that chassis huh I wonder why! I forgot only you guys can have all the answers wrong!!! I don't need your input I ask has anyone done this before your opinion is like your rear end everyone has one now let's move past it already get your ego out of the way. And for the record justbob barked up the wrong tree and so did you cuz you know nothing about what I do what I do for a living and what kind of cars i built so just cuz I ask if you a questions does not mean I don't know what I'm doing! like I said I didn't ask for your input everyone has one I could care less what you think or think makes sense or don't make sense the end of the day the marauder didn't make sense and most people think The Marauder is a glorified Crown Vic Grand Marquis and that makes no sense so who cares, but I know one thing you guys obviously don't have the answer. Lol I was looking for! And I believe the 03 up Crown Vic rack and pinion steering was an improvement even Hot Rod Magazine car and driver and several others stated this and said so. I guess the Ford Motor Company didn't know what they were doing when they built this. Lol this is giving me a good laugh tonight I sure didn't need it two turds in a pond.

You sir are a joke. Someone TELLS you the actual wheelbase measurements and you think he is talking axle widths!

It doesn’t matter that it is 3” shorter? This ought to turn out show quality..

And you are actually comparing a straight axle/kingpin/leaf spring F100 to a ‘97 town car suspension and the reasoning of swapping frames??? WOW If you’re such the educated and seasoned pro at rebuilding cars, then why are you asking us so beneath you such a silly question?

I say go for it man. Your the pro! Excluding grammar of course.

Quit getting so butt hurt. It’s a car forum, grow a pair and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

OP needs to check themselves
    Srsly
    Ex Panther Owner

It will probably bolt right up.....Wow, simply wow!
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    This cant be a real/serious thread!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

The reason nobody knows is because noone here would swap a 97lincoln to a cvpi frame. Go to an ****g junkyard and measure it yourself. You are the one who posted here, if you don't like the replies then gtfo. You are the one doing all the barking, because you dont like our answers. Anything can be done with tbe right tools and $.. is it a direct swap, bolt and go....No.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information