Thread: Mini-meet Cedar Falls Raceway June 25,27

Mini-meet Cedar Falls Raceway June 25,27

No, Verne Troyer will not be there.

However, we are in the process of getting some Iowa Marauders together (that sounds funny, Iowa MarauderS, we're plural now!) for the mustangcentral.net Ford shootout that weekend.

We are planning the test n' tune that Friday night, and some runs on Sunday. Saturday has some conflicts for me, but they are running all day Saturday too. The Sturgis Falls celebration in Cedar Falls is going on that weekend, and it is the biggest outdoor summer event here, so anyone could make a weekend of it.

They have a bracket elimination scheduled at the track which I am sure to be eliminated in, but it will be fun.

I would LOVE some of you guys from Chi-town, MO, Twin Cities, and anyone else to show and help represent us. Jason (jwheeler), John (TooManyFords), and I are planning to be going as of today, and none of us are S/C (I *think* - Wheeler's been awful quiet . . .)

You are all welcome to join us. I *might* have limited space at my house for anyone to stay over (not more than 2-3 people, and you would have to not mind the hungry newborn every three hours in the middle of the night). That's up to the boss, of course, but if anyone has a real need please IM or email me.

I am a first-time racer, and Jason might be (correct me if I am wrong - not trying to slight anyone). But it should be a fun weekend.

Here is the link for the Mustang group hosting the event:

http://www.mustangcentral.net/mcday/

and here is the link for the CF Raceway:

http://www.cedarfallsraceway.com/Schedule.html

Any questions, and I would be happy to try and answer them.

Thanks! I know we are far from civilization, but it's all interstate to get here and I would love to see/meet some of you guys (and gals!) there.

-Andrew
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

I have been quiet lately haven't I??? No, it's not because I've been plotting ways to get 900hp at rear wheels!!! I have been out trying to sell my plasma so I can get some new rubber for my baby. The tread on the front insides is gone. You can almost see the cords. The back has been gone for a long time now. Not quite sure why though... I work second shift until 11:00, so I won't be able to make the Friday night test and tune. I would love to meet some new out of staters. We could also use some heavy hitters to take on the Mustang boys.... Mac N' Zack you listening!!!!?
    Jason
    03 Mercury Marauder 300A
    - 266RWHP and 285RWTQ
    - Custom Engine Tuning by Jerry
    - Custom Tranny Settings by Lidio
    - 4.10's
    - Denso IT-20's, 180D Stat
    - JLT RAI
    - Underdrive Pulleys
    - P.I. Stallion Torque Converter 3500 Stall
    - Flowmaster Super 40s
    - Megs Pre-production Exhaust Tips
    - Viper Responder Alarm/Remote Start
    - 25% Window Tint
    - Bob White Bumper Inserts (Ruby Red Reflective)
    - God's Head Steering Wheel Emblem
    - Car Motorsports God's Head Front and Rear Badges
    - Infinity Kappa 202A Amp 600 Watts
    - Alpine Type-R 12" Sub

J-

Remember to take that honkin' sub out of the trunk before you race this time.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Just bumping this thread to see if I can drum up any interest.

Thanks,
    -A

Where is Cedar Falls in relation to Interstate 80? I'll be passing through Friday am or Sunday night on my way to and back from Omaha. I'm going to Harrah's for a texas hold em tournament. I may be able to come sooner depending how I play. I know I take US 151 from Madison, WI to Marion. Then hwy 13 to 380. I take 380 to Iowa City, the onto 80. Is this by Cedar Falls?

Eric
    "Everyone's a winner at the ATM!"

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A: 25k (new to me 10-25-08)
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A: 6k (purchased new on 12-8-03 sold on 7-30-04)

09 Chevy Impala. Company fleet issued turd

What time on Sunday?

Wife's sister is getting married that Saturday so we're busy Friday and Saturday. Would like to be there Sunday if it works out...ya' know...no hangover.
    "Marauder Militia"

Sunday is when we're goin'. John and I will go to the test n'tune Fri nite, and will be there for part of Sunday also.

Troopin' -

As for where Cedar Falls is, get off 151 on Hwy 20 West at Dubuque. Cedar Falls is 50 minutes North of Cedar Rapids/Marion area on I380. Close enough to make it worth your while.

The raceway is on the extreme North side of Cedar Falls, up Hwy 218. Take Hwy 58 North from Hwy 20 and it runs into 218 North. You will see after a few minutes a truck on the left side of the 4-lane with a big red arrow pointing you to the raceway. Also check above for directions earlier in this thread.

Thanks,
    -A

Good news! I'm coming up Thursday night, so I'll see you at the Test & Tune Friday night. I won't have the Marauder, the reason I am coming up is to drive the convertible in the parade. I' should be easy to spot- I'm betting I'll have the only silver '00 Mustang Convertible with Missouri plates. In case there is more than one, I'll be paired up with my buddy's red '69 Mach 1. Duhtroll- I heard you may have spotted each other last week- he liked your vanity plate.

See you there. If all goes well, may make it out for Sunday too. Looking forward to it.
    Casey from KC

2003 300A-SOLD at 18,000 miles.

Newandold Guest
    I'll be there with my stang say hi if you see me, i'll be there with my 1971 Boss 351.

You know I'll be there!

-J
    Jason
    03 Mercury Marauder 300A
    - 266RWHP and 285RWTQ
    - Custom Engine Tuning by Jerry
    - Custom Tranny Settings by Lidio
    - 4.10's
    - Denso IT-20's, 180D Stat
    - JLT RAI
    - Underdrive Pulleys
    - P.I. Stallion Torque Converter 3500 Stall
    - Flowmaster Super 40s
    - Megs Pre-production Exhaust Tips
    - Viper Responder Alarm/Remote Start
    - 25% Window Tint
    - Bob White Bumper Inserts (Ruby Red Reflective)
    - God's Head Steering Wheel Emblem
    - Car Motorsports God's Head Front and Rear Badges
    - Infinity Kappa 202A Amp 600 Watts
    - Alpine Type-R 12" Sub

I have a spare bedroom if someone needs to camp out.

Garage does have a lift if ya need last minute adjustments....

John

Angry

Well, er,

Anyway, John had something come up last minute, Jason is working, and my steering is still not tight (waiting on a part that the dealership said would be here no later than today). 100 MPH is a bit fast for loose steering so I cannot run tonight. Incidentally after we rebolted the steering linkage, the bolt itself is comepletely tight but there is some play in the wheel due to the linkage not being completely tight. They are replacing the "u-shaped clamp" (for lack of real terms as to what that part is) and could not get it here even on emergency order in three days.

We are still hoping to go Sunday AM even though I will be merely a spectator since Monday is the earliest my car will be fixed.

Here's the kicker. Today's high is 72, and temps tonight will be dropping into the dry 50s or even high 40s. PERFECT race weather, and I can't run.

My day gets better and better. Just spent all of yesterday getting her ready to show off with new badges and coats of NXT Gen, new exhaust ready to go, and now this.

Hope you guys are luckier than I am this weekend!

Thanks,
    -A

Sorry to read of all your toubles. You were right about the weather- absolutely perfect. The Automatic/Convertible bone stock '00 Mustang put down its' best run ever last night- 14.51 @ 96.25 MPH. That is .34 seconds and 2 MPH faster than its' best time in daytime heat. I'm sure you would have seen the best times your car could have put out in its' current state of tune if you could have made it.
    Oh yeah.. one of my buddies showed up in his Impala SS, couldn't even break out of the 15 second zone.... Really wished I could have had the MM there too!

I'll be back up again this summer/fall. Harleys and Hotrods is July 10, who knows????

Later
    Casey from KC

2003 300A-SOLD at 18,000 miles.

Thread Information