Hi! I know I'm new around here, but it looks like I'll be selling my Lincoln Mark III and picking up a Marauder! I have my eyes on a few different cars, but there's one in particular that I'm curious as to where it went.
My dad owned a 2003 Blue Mercury Marauder, and yes, I'm aware it's one of 328, but unfortunately it was wrecked by someone borrowing his car in June of 2010, and by wrecked... I mean WRECKED. It was totaled, 48k miles, and totaled. Lately, I've been trying to find what happened to it, as there was a good amount of buzz about the auction back in 2010. The reserve was set at $3k, and it managed to sell, so I don't think it was sold for parts, it just wouldn't make sense. Who wants to pay $3k for a parts Marauder!? Anyway, I'm trying to get him some closure, to help soften the mental blow it's gonna give him when he sees the Marauder I'll end up getting. I did some VIN history checks, and I can't find any certs of destruction, and from what I could tell, the car's last known state of registry is Michigan, where it was sold.

The VIN is: 2MEHM75V83X689522

If anyone knows what happened to this car, I would be in your debt, and I know my dad would really appreciate knowing where his car went.

If you type the VIN into Bing (not google), pictures of the car will pop up, if you're curious as to how it ended up like that, let me know, I'll fill you in. Thanks for reading! I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. Have a nice day! -G