Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Marauder (looking for help)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Missing Marauder (looking for help)

Hi! I know I'm new around here, but it looks like I'll be selling my Lincoln Mark III and picking up a Marauder! I have my eyes on a few different cars, but there's one in particular that I'm curious as to where it went.
    My dad owned a 2003 Blue Mercury Marauder, and yes, I'm aware it's one of 328, but unfortunately it was wrecked by someone borrowing his car in June of 2010, and by wrecked... I mean WRECKED. It was totaled, 48k miles, and totaled. Lately, I've been trying to find what happened to it, as there was a good amount of buzz about the auction back in 2010. The reserve was set at $3k, and it managed to sell, so I don't think it was sold for parts, it just wouldn't make sense. Who wants to pay $3k for a parts Marauder!? Anyway, I'm trying to get him some closure, to help soften the mental blow it's gonna give him when he sees the Marauder I'll end up getting. I did some VIN history checks, and I can't find any certs of destruction, and from what I could tell, the car's last known state of registry is Michigan, where it was sold.

The VIN is: 2MEHM75V83X689522

If anyone knows what happened to this car, I would be in your debt, and I know my dad would really appreciate knowing where his car went.

If you type the VIN into Bing (not google), pictures of the car will pop up, if you're curious as to how it ended up like that, let me know, I'll fill you in. Thanks for reading! I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. Have a nice day! -G

Oh, and if you, yes you reading this, happen to be the current owner of the car... well... I think I have some parts & paperwork you might want, let me know, it's yours if you want it.

There’s almost zero chance that car was repaired based off the two pictures I saw. Who ever was driving it was lucky to survive. Best of luck with your search for a Marauder.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Agree 100% with Corey.

I'm in Cleveland...what kinda parts ya got?
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

2003 MARAUDER 300a, Black ext., Charcoal grey int., Trilogy S/C, Flowmaster Super 44's, Marty tune, Zaino'd, 24,625 miles.
    Yours for $27,500.
    Last edited by TrilogyMarauder; 02-13-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Oh, things like the cigarette lighter, hubcaps, leather jacket, dealership key, had the floor mats (gone now), original paperwork + poster, and some other stuff. If the car was still around, I'd hand it off to the current owner, but since it seems like it's not, I'll be hangin onto that stuff for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PileOfGeorge View Post
    if you're curious as to how it ended up like that, let me know, I'll fill you in.
    So fill us in...like Corey said, that doesn't look fixable without WAY too much effort and expense.

Sorry that happened to your Dad's car...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    So fill us in...like Corey said, that doesn't look fixable without WAY too much effort and expense.

Sorry that happened to your Dad's car...

So, my dad decided to let someone borrow his car for the evening because it was such a nice night (I'm not going to say who for their own privacy). Both my dad and this person were police officers with extensive training in pursuit driving, so he definitely trusted the person with the Marauder. The person and a +1 took the car to a movie theater a few miles away, and everything went fine. At dinner, before the movie, they each had a drink with their meals. Unfortunately, the person driving was injured on the job a few years earlier, and was taking pain medication, which does not mix well with alcohol. They had forgotten they took the pain meds, and it didn't even occur to them that they were compromised. On the way home from the theater, (and this was at about 2 am as the movie was a midnight showing). A car either pulled out in front of (as the driver stated) or was going slow in front of (as the local police stated) the Marauder. At this point the driver of the Marauder moved into the passing lane and accelerated, unfortunately, they put their foot down too hard, and lost control, causing the car to spin. The Marauder and its two occupants flew sideways off the road and into a tree. Beyond the tree was a drop-off and then a river, so it's probably for the best that they hit the tree. The car's point of initial impact was at about head height, as the car had left the road due to the downward slope. The car fully impacted the tree without ever triggering the airbag sensor. The airbags never deployed.

The car actually cut out the brush, and for about 6 months after the accident, you could still easily see the outline of a marauder, along with flakes of blue paint, skid marks, and broken glass on the ground. That was until I finally got sick of seeing the mess and went over to the scene of the accident to clean it up.

At the scene of the accident, the rear left tire was still firmly in place, and the whole front end was in tact. The front end was accidentally ripped off by the tow company, who were entirely irresponsible. They also removed the rear tire, and I can't remember why, I just remember that it was a stupid reason, and they were being incompetent and lazy. In the process of removing the car, they had done much more damage than necessary.

The passenger was uninjured. The passenger had more to drink than the driver, and was unaware of their actions. They were also a police officer. When first responders reached the scene, there were no visible injuries to the driver, and the driver was not acting as if they were in pain. When the officers began to question the driver, the passenger began to defend the driver and demand that the driver be taken to the hospital rather than questioned. The on scene local police did call for an ambulance, but also did field sobriety tests on both individuals. Of course the driver, who was pretty badly injured, could not complete the test. Due to the medication the driver was on, and the fact that both the passenger and driver were police officers at one point or another, an "example" was made out of the driver as the judge believed they should be held to a higher standard. They were charged with a DUI, and lost their license. Despite the fact that they, the driver, were the only injury in the accident.

The driver had a punctured lung, two broken ribs, a broken arm, and some muscle damage in the left shoulder that was made worse by the accident.

The Marauder was taken by the insurance company, and while I don't think that it's right for me to say how much he got for the car, I can say that the company was definitely fair, if not more than fair in their valuation. They offered the car back to him at $3000, which was not a good deal for him, because he would also lose the money he would be receiving as compensation. He decided to let the marauder go, because there was a good amount of buzz surrounding it here on marauder.net. He was semi convinced that one of the people who wanted to buy it from him, would purchase it at auction, and rebuild it. That being said, he believed it was impossible as the frame was bent. I believe otherwise, considering that the doors on the passengers side were perfectly aligned, and the only damage on the passenger's side was a bent rear fender, which would be from the frame bending, but that was behind the wheel well.

The floor mats, cigarette lighter, and hubcaps were removed, and the car went up for auction. The reserve was set at $3000, and surprisingly enough, it sold, first try. It may have been able to sell because the motor was still in good running condition and the car could be started, and left running. The rear wheel and front bumper, along with the grill were tossed in the rear seat before the auction began, and pictures were taken.

My dad used the money from the Marauder combined with the sale of his DD, a 2000 Mountaineer, to purchase a new 2010 Taurus SHO. Oddly enough, he ended up with a performance package SHO, which is what he wanted, and apparently there were less than 1,000 of those built in 2010, but I don't think they'll ever be collectible.

I don't know if they were attempting to pass, or avoiding a car pulling out from their right, but regardless, everyone is still around, and the accident was a true testament to the incredible strength and build quality of the Marauder, and every panther platform car.

I cant see the pictures? None show up on google.

edit: nevermind. holy foooooooooooooook

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Just saw pictures ... OUCH!

I am gonna hug mine when I get home today.
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by gdsqdcr View Post
    Just saw pictures ... OUCH!

I am gonna hug mine when I get home today.
    It's very unfortunate, and it was definitely a shame to see such a beautiful, rare car go from mint condition to salvage in an instant. That being said, that accident is the reason I'm planning on picking up 2 marauders. One as a show car, and one as a DD. Probably won't happen, but I'm keeping my eyes open. But yeah, the passenger walked away without injury, and the driver walked away with 2 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a broken arm, which for that accident, is incredible. The panther platform is incredible.

Incredible. Only in Ohio.

Glad everyones alive.

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

That's a sad tale, George, but thanks for sharing it with us. Glad no one was seriously injured. Not that a punctured lung and broken bones aren't serious, but you know what I meant...
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 02-13-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Oh, things like the cigarette lighter, hubcaps, leather jacket, dealership key, had the floor mats (gone now), original paperwork + poster, and some other stuff. If the car was still around, I'd hand it off to the current owner, but since it seems like it's not, I'll be hangin onto that stuff for the future.

Hubcaps???

It's very unfortunate, and it was definitely a shame to see such a beautiful, rare car go from mint condition to salvage in an instant. That being said, that accident is the reason I'm planning on picking up 2 marauders. One as a show car, and one as a DD. Probably won't happen, but I'm keeping my eyes open. But yeah, the passenger walked away without injury, and the driver walked away with 2 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a broken arm, which for that accident, is incredible. The panther platform is incredible.

I got your show car. v

Quote Originally Posted by TrilogyMarauder View Post
    Hubcaps???

Did I say hubcaps? I mean centercaps Sorry! I'm so used to talking in reference to my mark I totally missed that.

I got your show car. v
    Seems like a really nice car, but I have my sights set on red.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information