Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Hi all

I am a new Marauder owner joining up here. Long time Mustang and Powerstroke owner and Ford Tech. I was involved in a head on car crash back in Oct that messed up the right side of my body pretty bad and totaled my MINT 1995 Ford Aspire. So now that I can walk again and go back to work I needed a nice, large, safe daily driver. My buddy had bought this Marauder about 7 years ago in Alabama and brought it to NC. He used it for a daily driver until one day out of the blue it started making death noises from the engine. I looked at it for him and determined that cylinder #4 was not happy. He parked it and purchaed a G8 GT. That was almost 4 years, 2 wives and a kid ago. So now that I needed a daily driver and knew he still had the car I hounded him about it until we reached common ground. Finally picked the car up last weekend and brought her home for surgery. Replaced the seized fuel pump and got it to fire off. Death noise is still just as bad as before, so I pulled the engine and oil pan to find parts of #4 piston in the pan. So at this point I'm freshening up a Mark VIII short block, cleaning and rebuilding the Marauder heads and installing Cobra cams with adjustable timing gears. I also have a PI Stallion torque converter and a set of 4.10s from a previous project that are planning to make their way into the Marauder.

Here are a few pics of my Panther project. Sitting has taken its toll the exterior and that will be addressed once it runs and drives again.

I'm sure I'll be on here looking for parts and advise.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

welcome, looks like a good save of a marauder, you'll need a tune for the 4.10 gears unless your dealer will let you flash it. but it still won't fix the crappy factory trans shifting. A tune takes care of that.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Welcome to the site, you have people in this community that know the MM in, out and in between. Cheers

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Tell me more about the mint 1995 Aspire. Was it that mint color that Ford used around the mid 90’s? What was it like to drive the last Aspire on the road in the U.S.?

Welcome and best of luck on the new to you Marauder.

If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
    ~ Anatole France

2004 DTR 54k, Dark Charcoal, heated seats, moonroof, trunk organizer.
    Mods: K and N intake, Lido tune, Pro Guard rear bumper, stainless bumper inserts, res delete tips, misc
    UncleLar's first DTR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sport 100k, black, Dark Charcoal, stock and a zero option car.

Great to see one being saved! Cool project!

Great first post!

Welcome and good luck with it
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Welcome! Keep us updated on your project.

Haha, the Aspire was red just in mint condition. I actually passed one almost every morning up until my wreck. Here are a few pics. Guy crossed and hit me head on. Broke my foot, ankle, knee, knee cap, femur and right wrist. Few surgeries and a lot of physical therapy later and I'm 60%. The Drs doubt I'll ever be 100% but I'm a fighter.

Welcome to the site. Hope you get near 100% soon.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

Welcome to the site!

I'm in the Triangle area.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Welcome to the MODNESS! Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are saving a Marauder and nursing it back to health at the same time you are recuperating.
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Thanks everyone. I've had a lot of people at work want the car and even a coworker going to buy one this week since I bought mine.

I'm planning to daily mine keeping miles off my truck, saving fuel cost and having a badass daily. Being its already high mile, it doesn't hurt my feelings to rack up more.

Good luck with the car and your recovery!

Glad you're getting stronger and saving another Marauder but how'd the skirt get knocked off that piston??
    No Marauder

I don't see any indications of issues that would have caused it, but I have seen other 4.6/5.4/6.8 with similar miles have the same issue. I would guess RPM and fatigue would contribute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information