Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Order Placed

Order Placed

I ordered the complete system today. I'll keep everyone posted on the project.
    Big Joe P

RIP Kenny Brown's MARAUDER-S #15

You will NOT be disappointed!
    2003 300A Black Mercury Marauder 4334 of 7839
    Trilogy #150 installed by Carfixer & Tallboy 4/21/2007
    (brute's garage)

So when am I installing them?

The Kooks were, by far, the BEST mod I did to the car. Power, sound, quality, customer service, etc are all amazing. Good luck with 'em!
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Ditto.....I LUV these headers, and the mufflers too. They sound great!! I too have the entire Kooks system. Well worth the price. The one thing I'd suggest though is that after you get it delivered to you, then send the headers out to get ceramic coated. Kooks used to have them coated, but that's when it was mandatory since they used to make them from mild steel (which is what I got). Now they make them w/Stainless steel, but the heat will still change the color of headers even if they are stainless steel.
    Last edited by BillyGman; 06-08-2004 at 12:29 AM.

Zack....Zack....Zack... we'll talk on Sunday....
    Big Joe P

RIP Kenny Brown's MARAUDER-S #15

You will be incredibly pleased! Wait to see you dyno numbers soar....

One note though! Get a new set of COPPER collector gaskets from Summit, or elswhere, as the paper ones will blow out after several hard WOTS. They are only like $5 for the pair, and even Nick will attest to the paper ones being not so good.

When you get everything installed, and your out goofing....find a tunnel...you must find a tunnel, or enclosed overpass. Get on it hard, and you'd swear you were in a NASCAR!!!
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    You will be incredibly pleased!
    When you get everything installed, and your out goofing....find a tunnel...you must find a tunnel, or enclosed overpass. Get on it hard, and you'd swear you were in a NASCAR!!!
    You do that too? I luv doing that. And I agree. this exhaust system makes the Marauder sound mean, and when you hit the trottle in a tunnel, or under a bridge, it's plain amazing!!!

darebren Guest
    I love the tunnel/bridge thing too. do you guys have the megs delete? i was thinking about getting the baffleless tail pipes, as at idle the car is not loud at all, and I'd like to hear it even more...

Quote Originally Posted by darebren
    I love the tunnel/bridge thing too. do you guys have the megs delete? i was thinking about getting the baffleless tail pipes, as at idle the car is not loud at all, and I'd like to hear it even more...
    Delete tips? Hell, when I finally get my headers installed, I going with 18" Magnaflow glasspacks!

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180 'stat.

LOL, I think Shooter is going to blast everyone outta their beds when he drives by neighborhoods at night!!! And to answer the question posed, NO, I haven't done anything at all w/the tailpipes. They're stock from the factory. My car sounds fine.

hitchhiker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe P
    Zack....Zack....Zack... we'll talk on Sunday....
    My Grandfather, a Scot, would have had a fit if he saw your avatar!

I had a great laugh though!

Best Reards,

David

Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker
    My Grandfather, a Scot, would have had a fit if he saw your avatar!

I had a great laugh though!

Best Reards,

David
    It looks like one of the members from a band called "Clan-A-Drumma" or something close to that.

And the old Scot warriors did more than just a haircut to demoralize their opponents.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

I have the 'delete' tips, and it's still has a gentle rumble when idling. However, my wife says she can hear it some 100' to the house, in the upstairs bedroom, with the windows closed. I think the sound is deceiving, and carries further than one might imagine just standing next to the car.

Another fun thing to do is to down shift. Particularly when someone is watching, or an LEO is in the lane next you drooling over your ride!
    When approaching a light or exit, I will turn off the OD off at about 60 or so, giving the throttle a little blip just as the gear change is made. Again at precisely 46 mph, I drop into 2nd, and blip again just as it is preparing to kick in.....the results are the old school crackle & pop of glasspacks that only the KOOKS can reproduce.

It turns heads, and the LEO's drool even more....
    2017 Niro

darebren Guest
    Barry, that's funny. I thought I was the only one who did it to impress like that. I usually roll into my neighborhood in first gear too... and let it engine brake down the hills

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information