Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked Up My (new!) Marauder Yesterday!

Picked Up My (new!) Marauder Yesterday!

My thoughts so far:

My 73 yo co-driver (and her service dog) have been the primary 'drivers' since we picked up the car yesterday about 179 miles away. 868 miles each way from my house to where we picked up the car at the owner's business.

No complaints about my driving on the way up but she complained bitterly about my driving when coming back to the same location where we spent the previous night. She wanted to drive the Mustang but the power seat is inoperable (blown fuse?) so she's in the Marauder. I drove the Marauder briefly last night running local errands for food and adult beverages to bring back to the hotel.

Had car serviced before we departed the area where the car had spent its entire life. No record of coolant having ever been changed, diff and trans fluids (and axle seal) changed when previous owner took possession 12 years ago. Car was still under warranty so I don't know why he paid for the axle service - didn't ask (have receipt). Oil changes every year. New battery last year. 'New' tires installed shortly after purchasing car 12 years ago - still look new. First owner put on nearly 15k per year during his ownership. 2nd owner averaged less than 1k miles per year. I'm averaging about 3k per year on my vehicles at present.

The car:

Appears to be brand new - super clean. Has the trunk organizer, front license plate bracket still in the trunk (screws in the cup holder), heated seats, trunk release in the driver's door, door lock combination keypads, shorty roof console, cd changer in trunk - seems to have every option except the moonroof (getting one installed shortly). Previous owner donated a like new car cover.

Marauder is substantially heavier than my '05 GT and feels positively lethargic when compared. To be fair, the 'stang has the stock 3:31 rear diff gears, K&N CAI and Superchips 93 octane tune. Both truly excellent cars IMO for their intended purposes.

E0 93 octane is nearly completely unavailable on my routing for this trip. Running through the mountains with the cc set at 75 mph at every opportunity (with a/c on) the Mustang's trip computer stated we averaged as much as 27.5 mpg.

Switching to E10 later in the trip (on flatter ground) the average dropped down to about 22.5 mpg at the same speeds (per trip computer) and never went much above 23 mpg on rare occasions. All of my vehicles definitely run better and get noticeably better fuel economy on E0. One station not far away from my house sells E0 93 octane fortunately.

Not much else to add other than I'm thrilled with my new acquisition and my 'new'(?) Marauder leather jacket was delivered yesterday - will see it tomorrow when I arrive home. Marauder will definitely get 3:73 or 4:10 gears, CAI and tune at the first opportunity. Bumping the 'stang up to 3:55 gears shortly.
    Last edited by Invective; 03-31-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Good luck with it. Plan another trip to MO's Speed Shop for your mods.
    Any pics?
    Last edited by TrilogyMarauder; 03-31-2018 at 06:10 AM.

I’ve been told by the owner of a local speed shop who primarily deals with Mustangs (and also holds the record for the fastest in the Midwest) that my Marauder has the feel of one of the most well balanced Mustangs he’s yet to drive and more power on tap than than it could ever use on the streets as he was grabbing 2nd with a smile ear to ear. So your new Marauder is purely a rock solid foundation for what you choose. Of course, this goes for any car. The sky (and wallet) is the only limits..

Just gears and a good tune Martyo will change the characteristics and behavior more than you’d ever imagine. Add to that a free lower, cutting the front springs and adjusting the rear air bags will make the cornering a vast improvement (one of my favorite mods) plus having an awesome stance like a cougar ready to pounce. Add some addco sway bars and Monroe severe duty shocks and handling the curves will no longer feel “lethargic”. More like a chubby ballerina dancer that out performs all the competition and looks pretty damn good in a black dress.. Your smooth ride will suffer a bit, but you probably know this all too well.

Enjoy the new boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Forget the 3.73's and go 4.10's. Not much of a diff with the 3.73 swap. +1 on the Mo's tune(vendor here).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Forget the 3.73's and go 4.10's. Not much of a diff with the 3.73 swap. +1 on the Mo's tune(vendor here).
    Ditto on what he said!
    (Ask me how I know).
    2004 Silver Birch
    Build Date 3/19/04
    Adopted on 10/19/07
    Seq#2102 of 3214
    #681 of 997 SBs
    #154 of 336 SBs with the moonroof
    Thanks Brian
    Member of The 100K Club 11/20/11
    Options-
    moonroof-heated seats-6-disc changer-trunk organizer-rear spoiler-mercury all weather mats
    Mods-Extras-Bling-
    Action Automotive-SS Inserts
    Auto Meter 4327 Oil Pressure Gauge
    Badgeless Grille(Thanks 03 Merc)
    Big Mike's Performance-"Sto n Sho" License Plate Holder
    Dead Pedal(Thanks lji372)
    Curless's Pedal Gear Repair
    Cruzer's-Arm Rest
    EATC Ungrade(Thanks JACook)
    Escape/Audiophile Radio Upgrade(Thanks shodude)
    Ford Racing M-7195-AOD Aluminum Trans Pan
    Innovative Interceptors-God's Head Valve Stem Covers
    J-Mod Valve Body
    K&N Performance Intake Kit{CAI}
    LCM Upgrade(Thanks Fastblackmerc)
    Marty-O Fender Badges, Tune & 4:10s
    Panther Lights HID Headlights
    Pro-gard Skid Plate
    Rear Cooling Head Mod
    Visteon Sirius Satellite Radio Setup(Thanks RoyLita)
    Weather Tech-Side Window Deflectors

Nice catch, post pics when you can.

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

On the Road

Not much to post at the moment beyond these. Taken a few hours ago in Southern Ohio while in transit. Will be home tomorrow afternoon. Also, found an image of a similar shorty roof console with the aftermarket sunroof switch installed - probably what mine will look like.

Previous owner stated he NEVER used the CD changer - will try it ASAP. I seriously missed the single cassette player in my '98 GT - now I have another one! Love the single CD player as well. Has full size spare. Car smells like new but couldn't help but notice the ash receptacle cup has been used and half heartedly cleaned - was it used in another vehicle? Has something installed that may be a GPS mount (one that I've never seen) stuck to the place where the clock on the '03s would have been.

73yo co-driver loves the Marauder but is smitten by the sound, styling, features and thrust of my '05 'stang. Said she always wanted one from the first introduction back in the day. Her current '97 Acura Integra is as close as she has come to owning a Mustang.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Invective; 03-31-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Nice looking car!!! And you picked the best color too!! Welcome to the MODNESS!
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Very cool, car sounds excellent!

Moonroof Installation

Picked up the car this afternoon from the moonroof shop - very pleased. Marauder will probably get its first tank of E0 93 octane fuel tomorrow. Locking fuel cap bought earlier in the week. New headliner supercharges 'new car' smell that still existed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Roof came out great!

WOW--Great Find!! PM me ! We are in same location!
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

An Interesting Day....

My car was delivered to me with only one original key/fob and the valet key. Previous owner hazy about second key/fob. Ordered and received Mercury key blank and matching(?) fob off of eBay.

Local Ace Hardware cut the key and charged $19.99 plus tax because it is an 'internet key'; his (owner's) explanation made no sense (english isn't his first language anyway). Contacted my regular mechanic (ex-Ford tech and Vietnamese Refugee) who stated he wanted nothing to do with 'programming keys and fobs'.

This was noon saturday (today) and the local Ford dealer service department is open until 1600. Service Writer stated they could get the car right in for service. Cut key programmed correctly but fob was incompatible with my car - paid $15 plus shipping for Mercury key core and 'compatible' (?) fob plus shipping from eBay vendor.

Original fob has much data listed on the back while the replacement fob is completely blank. Dealer stated the correct fob through them is $55 and charged $105 for 'programming', plus $2.75 for 'document storage fee' and $9.75 for 'Environmental and Waste Charges'. Correct fob is on the way and I've already paid for programming.

Sound that seems to be the air pump building up air pressure in the fuel system is now noticeably louder(?) shortly after startup. Filling up with E0 93 had the desired effect. Will use Lucas Fuel System Treatment on next tank purchased.

Mustang goes to the same dealer shop tuesday morning to finish out the airbag recall (passenger side) and set up an appointment for the Ranger's airbag recall completion. Service Writer never mentioned whether the Marauder was covered under the recall or otherwise - I was just glad to leave.

I apparently have one cd in the rear changer that's seriously scratched or has smudges as it skips badly - other cds playing properly. Will address this tomorrow.

That sound is the air ride pump. Sometimes it come on even if the car is not running. Rear height adjustment..

Air Pump

Quote Originally Posted by Hadamustang1 View Post
    That sound is the air ride pump. Sometimes it come on even if the car is not running. Rear height adjustment..
    Thanks for this. Where is it located?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information