Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Musclemerc Is Back And He's Bringing New Power With Him

Travis I have always admired your skill level & perseverance you continually display. Your projects are envied. Every project you have undertaken & shared with the site has been methodicaly exicuted. Thanks for sharing your build. I want to hear a sound clip of the beast in motion.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 88grandmarq View Post
    Transmission warranty is now VOID ...
    AMEN to that!

Are you sure your belt length was supposed to read as posted?
    Pretty sure it should be 080505

Quote Originally Posted by camelgrundle View Post
    Very nice man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    Sweet! Can't wait to hear it starting up and running!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mercur View Post
    This is awesome man!!!
    Thank you all.....

Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    I'm speechless.

So glad to see you're back sharing your knowledge and your builds Travis.

Best post in years.
    Thanks old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by 88grandmarq View Post
    Transmission warranty is now VOID ...
    We may need to chat about a built 6R80 Eric.

Surely this setup will test the 4R70E you last built for me.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    Travis I have always admired your skill level & perseverance you continually display. Your projects are envied. Every project you have undertaken & shared with the site has been methodicaly exicuted. Thanks for sharing your build. I want to hear a sound clip of the beast in motion.
    I will post up the first start video.

Thanks for the kind words Burt

I had a few loose ends to fix before starting her up. I got Marty to send me a startup tune and from there on Jeff will remote in and do his magic. Last week we were set for our first session when he noticed my O2 sensors were way out of range for the amount of time the car had been running. I hadn't mentioned it till then but I didn't finish welding up my lead pipes to connect the new LT's to the back half of the exhaust system. At the time I was running open headers.

I'm going to run her with no cats just so I can get it done quick. I weld up a set of lead pipes and much to my surprise she's not as loud as I imagined. Jeff and I will set another date for him to do the remote tune but it was nice to hear her run for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzf...ature=youtu.be

I didn't prime anything, just threw the key and Viola!!! She started right up.

No clicks, no taps, no issues.

All I have left is to fabricate a new throttle cable bracket and design the new PCV system then she's ready to hit the streets.
    Last edited by musclemerc; 04-14-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

On my first street run I quickly found she's a different beast from the old Trilogy. I couldn't keep her straight after I got into boost.

Looks like a ring and pinion swap will be in my immediate future. I also couldn't get the Mickey Thompson ET streets to hook.

The boost comes up so quick it's almost scary

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ad49e9e...415_160134.mp4

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    On my first street run I quickly found she's a different beast from the old Trilogy. I couldn't keep her straight after I got into boost.

Looks like a ring and pinion swap will be in my immediate future. I also couldn't get the Mickey Thompson ET streets to hook.

The boost comes up so quick it's almost scary

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ad49e9e...415_160134.mp4

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk
    AWESOME !!!!

I see a Hubcity trip in your future

^^ Yeah David.... Real soon...

Dyno guesses anyone? lol, 740rwhp?

Low compression is the killer. My “guess” 560-580 on 93, and at 22#s (damn near maxing out the efficiency) and adding way more heat, 590-630 on 110.

My 93 tune is 603 and it is absolutely STUPID power on the street. I would think being a centri w/a manual is pretty comparable to a twin screw w/auto. The only 110 I’ve ran thru mine is the 5 gallons I used on the dyno a few years ago as it’s simply wasted power unless at the track. Hell, my 93 tune is wasted power.

550-580 and really good tires is the perfect number to hit. As an example of too much, we were drifting my car at 115mph in 3rd at only 4,500 RPM with decent tires and three average sized adults on the 110 tune..

If my prediction is even in the ball park, and you can keep your IATs in check, you will have the perfect power you seek. It will feel like every bit of 200+ horses added to the butt meter. There is a really BIG difference from bolt ons to 450hp. Going from 450 to 550ish isn’t even explainable in words how much MORE power is on tap because you “thought” you had a tire fryer fast car before. Now you DO! And your driving skills had better be up to par for tire frying down the interstate... Now you will need to peddle it at the beginning AND end of every gear. Or ride it out like me.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Musclemerc Is Back And He's Bringing New Power With Him

Here’s an example of 41 to 73 mph at 558hp and no tire spin. Sorry for the short video

When are you getting it tuned BTW?

https://youtu.be/MLCKSFbgPEk

SOLD 12/31/2021

We'll see how conservative the tune is. You can get 640rwhp with an M122 and he's running a tvs so unless he runs out of injector...

Dyno today btw...
    Last edited by justgod; 04-27-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justgod View Post
    We'll see how conservative the tune is. You can get 640rwhp with an M122 and he's running a tvs so unless he runs out of injector...

Dyno today btw...
    Don't think GT500 with that blower(M122) see those kind of numbers and they are stick, I know his TVS is night and day vs the M122.

580 on pump 93 sounds about right, 640 on 110.
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

Actually, it’s been proven already more than a few times with the M122. There’s a member here with a crown Vic that is putting down 640 with an M122. It doesn’t mean you won’t have to let it cool down after a run with the high IATs you’ll see even with a good heat exchanger, but, it’s a proven combo. Yes, the GT500 crowd already knows this. I know of one that’s pushing 670rwtq with the M122

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information