Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blinker SOUND and volume changed

Blinker SOUND and volume changed

I wrestled out my LCM and changed it to a repaired LCM (thanks Fastblackmerc!!) and now my blinker noise is almost nonexistant. Is it possible I jarred it when replacing LCM?

Dpes anyone know where the blinker sound comes from?

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Turn signal sound comes from the LCM. The repair I do does not involve the turn signal blinker. of the many hundreds of LCM's I've repaired, I have never heard of this issue.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

OMG I laughed so hard, I pulled a muscle in my back! So funny!

Jim I never ever thought it had anything to do with your repair.

Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Yes, same thing happened to me as well as a few others I know. MM owners, as well as CV and GMQ owners have reported this after repairing or replacing the LCM. I had taken my car to the dealer for the LCM Recall repair (before I knew of FastBlackMerc's repair which is superior) and the same thing happened. I have heard different explanations, possibly a different turn signal relay or the newer one is better insulated from the noise, etc. Either way, as far as I know, it's not an issue.

One example:
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...16279_ds678575

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    OMG I laughed so hard, I pulled a muscle in my back! So funny!

Jim I never ever thought it had anything to do with your repair.
    I didn't think so......

I'd be happy to swap yours out with another repaired one.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I’d consider the quieter one an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I did mine and used a BOSCH 30/40 inside the LCM. It is safe to assume if a new relay is pressed against another relay in the LCM it could have an effect on the volume of the clicky sound. Similar to using sound deadening mat on bare sheet metal.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

My repair consists of an external 40A headlight relay and 3 20A internal relays. Nothing pressing on anything.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Once the Ford replacement came out, that new one is much quieter on our 300a…
    I do not like the change either
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

No Jim, I am 487% satisfied with your superior work, and I am happy the way it is.

Imust confess that I did drive a few miles w blinker on... That is how I noticed. My Dad was with my for Thanksgiving, we did the repair together. And as he was driving w me, and is he going s near deaf, it was he who noticed it was much quieter. I kinda like it, and there is no way I am fighting that beast in and out again. My back is still sore.

So thankful for your repair, have one boxed and ready to ship your direction. I thought I had already mailed it weeks ago, but found the box today on my workbench.

Thanks for for the awesome assist!

When I wired in the mechanical flasher for LEDs I noticed right away how much quieter the replacement was and really enjoy it toned down a notch.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

These cars do the blinking in the LCM? my blinker recently on the left side starts off ok but shortly starts blinking about twice as fast as normal.
    I did a vin search for recalls and it showed no recalls so I assume the car has had the LCM factory repair done already. What could be causing my blinker problem?
    2003 Silver Birch Marauder tune by Marty, best $150 I ever spent

Blown bulb?

SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by seanpatrick2000 View Post
    These cars do the blinking in the LCM? my blinker recently on the left side starts off ok but shortly starts blinking about twice as fast as normal.
    I did a vin search for recalls and it showed no recalls so I assume the car has had the LCM factory repair done already. What could be causing my blinker problem?
    Sounds like a bad bulb or bulb loose in the socket.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information