Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: line lock

line lock

Those of you who have installed a brake line lock,any advise on the installation?Seems straight foward enough.anything special I need to know..I'm getting the Summit line lock kit with the Summit install kit...Do I need to flair the fittings?Is there much line bending..If so which tools do you recommend???Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyc View Post
    Those of you who have installed a brake line lock,any advise on the installation?Seems straight foward enough.anything special I need to know..I'm getting the Summit line lock kit with the Summit install kit...Do I need to flair the fittings?Is there much line bending..If so which tools do you recommend???Thanks
    Take your time.

You may need to cut and flair the lines since the kit is made for a Mustang

You'll need a double flairing kit, tubing cutter, tubing bender, line wrenches, brake fluid and something to bleed the brakes.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

There is no need to cut anything, nor bend, on the car. Nor cutting the new lines. Don't buy any addtional kit as you will see just how easy and cheap it is. You do not need to alter your OEM lines in any way.

Your local FLAPS sell everything you need to convert from the MM's metric bubble flair to the linelocks standard thread double flair.

Easiest 15 minutes ever.

Also I opted for what is basically a door bell button for the activation switch, cost $4 from home depot and works flawlessly.

I'll take a couple pics in a couple minutes.

Sent from my Ally while ruling the world from my toilet.
    Last edited by justbob; 07-23-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Keep in mind the front brake port is on the front of the master on 03's and on the rear for 04's. Starting in order of the system is a 1) metric bubble X standard bubble fitting 2) about a 10" long 3/16's standard bubble X standard flair line 3) 1/4" IPS X 3/16's adapter.

Returning from line lock to the car is 1) Another 1/4" adaptor 2) About a 6" long 3/16's standard flair X metric bubble flair line 3) a metric bubble flair coupling 4) OEM line unmolested and can be converted back in under a minute.

Once again, after figuring out the right fittings, this was the easiet mod I have yet to do on this car. Also, there is probably 10 different ways you could convert over, this was the easiest with what I could round up. Never a leak, and works great.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thak you JustBob for helping out.Do you have an 04? Mine looks different.2 lines into distribution block and 4 out...I was hoping to use my defroster switch because the deroster hasn't worked since window tinting.Has a light and everything...So,you're saying I don't need any new lines??If you have a minute and look in summits part book,they sell just the line lock solenoid.Either Hurst(more money)or summit..They sell an install kit with fittings and lines or you can buy just the fittings..You're saying all I need is the line lock solenoid and the fittings???With the four lines coming out of the bottom of the distribution block,which are the front lines..I'll post some pictures tomorrow..Your way sounds much more better....

Mine is an 03. You don't touch anything at the distribution box, only the one line at the master like my pic.

Correct, you only need the unit itself. Everything else can be had at any auto part store on the cheap.

I've used mine countless times without failure.

SOLD 12/31/2021

line lock again

Here are the pictures of my brake line set-up.Factory OEM.If you can tell me again what I need to do and where I would be very gratefull.Which lines are going to the front brakes etc...A big thanks to Just Bob..You said only the line from the master cylinder is touched,is that the one closer to firewall or the one more foward towards engine....Also which Solenoid did you use,Hurst,Summitt or B&D or Biondo??? BTW mine is a 300A,no traction lock,Also,I'm still going to need a line bender???
    Last edited by bugsyc; 04-17-2016 at 11:17 AM.

that is down at the abs module/distribution block.... wrong area, go up to the master cylinder like JustBob is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Noise View Post
    that is down at the abs module/distribution block.... wrong area, go up to the master cylinder like JustBob is saying.
    Pic #2 and # 4 is the master cylinder.just painted black. Also Bob,Don't I need a couple of block off fittings.screwed into solenoid with no opening??
    Last edited by bugsyc; 07-23-2012 at 06:16 AM.

[QUOTE=justbob;1201777]Keep in mind the front brake port is on the front of the master on 03's and on the rear for 04's. Starting in order of the system is a 1) metric bubble X standard bubble fitting 2) about a 10" long 3/16's standard bubble X standard flair line 3) 1/4" IPS X 3/16's adapter.

Returning from line lock to the car is 1) Another 1/4" adaptor 2) About a 6" long 3/16's standard flair X metric bubble flair line 3) a metric bubble flair coupling 4) OEM line unmolested and can be converted back in under a minute.

Once again, after figuring out the right fittings, this was the easiet mod I have yet to do on this car. Also, there is probably 10 different ways you could convert over, this was the easiest with what I could round up. Never a leak, and works great.

Sent from my Ally while ruling the world from my toilet.[/QUOTE How did you make the bends in the 2 new lines..a line bender,which one or just by hand..thanks
    Last edited by bugsyc; 07-23-2012 at 09:14 AM.

If you can't see what Bob did in his pics, which is clearly shown, maybe someone else should do this for you. Brakes are serious and important for yours and others safety. Don't mess with them if you don't understand!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Brakes are important

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    If you can't see what Bob did in his pics, which is clearly shown, maybe someone else should do this for you. Brakes are serious and important for yours and others safety. Don't mess with them if you don't understand!
    Thanks for your concern..I think I can handle this..JustBob was being helpfull and I was just looking for some clarification..

Quote Originally Posted by bugsyc View Post
    Pic #2 and # 4 is the master cylinder.just painted black. Also Bob,Don't I need a couple of block off fittings.screwed into solenoid with no opening??

From JustBob's pics you should be able to see whats going on with the install.

Im not trying to slam you or anything, but after that PM you sent, I recommend that you get some help with this..... brakes are serious!!

I would rather have help anyday from someone who knows, than maybe get into an accident because I was not sure on everything I was doing.
    Last edited by Black_Noise; 07-23-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Bugsyc, what are you not seeing here? The ONLY line you remove and reroute is the front master cylinder line (Closest to headlights)..

In order.
    1)Foot on brake.
    2)Fluid in front line now goes to linelock, instead on distribution block.
    3) fluid leaves linelock and now heads to distribution block.

It really is tthat easy.

You brought up a good point however. Traction controlled cars are hooked up differently or do not work well or at all. I can't recall that hook up.

Yes you need a bender, they can be had for about $4. Also yes you will need two 1/4" IPS brass plugs if yours doesn't come with them. Mine is a Hurst roll control bought used for like $40.

I hope this clears things up.
    Last edited by justbob; 07-23-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Edit for double post and tired.
    Last edited by justbob; 07-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information