Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EATC Blend Door Actuator

EATC Blend Door Actuator

I have the 024 code and 025 code on my EATC I'm looking for instructions to replace this part.

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have that same code. Theres a few of youtube videos on this. You can skip removing the whole dash. Im waiting on the weather to cool down into the high 60s to start doing this. Suppose to be about 1.5 to 2 hours with out removing the whole dash.

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic05 View Post
    I have that same code. Theres a few of youtube videos on this. You can skip removing the whole dash. Im waiting on the weather to cool down into the high 60s to start doing this. Suppose to be about 1.5 to 2 hours with out removing the whole dash.
    I'm just getting tired of needing heat in the morning but getting cold air. Do the reset and get 100% hot air. Nothing in between. Then... in the afternoon when I leave work I get boiling heat again. Do the reset 3 or 4 times and finally get AC.

I'm willing to do the work the easiest way possible. If I can avoid removing the dash I'd like that.

I have seen it done on my car. Carfixer pulled the dash about a foot from the firewall and saved me when mine was just out of warranty. I have heard stories of doing it without dash removal. If given the chance I'd pay it forward and do it just to provide step by step pics.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Can be done without removing the dash, I’ve done 3-4 dozen, I manufactured a couple of tools to expedite the procedure, takes me a touch over an hour.

Without the tools I made, it is probably a 2-3 hour job if you’ve done it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Can be done without removing the dash, I’ve done 3-4 dozen, I manufactured a couple of tools to expedite the procedure, takes me a touch over an hour.

Without the tools I made, it is probably a 2-3 hour job if you’ve done it before.

You sell the tools?

EATC Blend Door Actuator

You sell the tools?

No, don’t want that liability, without said home brewed tools, just remove all bolts from the right side and loosen the left. Use a ratchet strap on the right side to hold the dash to the rear, still not a big deal. Airbag and glovebox will need to come out too.

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

No, don’t want that liability, without said home brewed tools, just remove all bolts from the right side and loosen the left. Use a ratchet strap on the right side to hold the dash to the rear, still not a big deal. Airbag and glovebox will need to come out too.

The airbag is what concerns me.

Air bag on passenger side is easy. Unplug the negative from battery, and remove the screws for the air bag and unplug from behind. Its no biggie.

Hoping my EATC never fails but many of the numerous youtube tutorials are interesting. Who doesn't want to save $1000?
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

You sell the tools?
    No, don’t want that liability
    Just curious what liability there would be? Would you at least consider posting a couple of pics of said tools?
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

I jut did mine too, it not to bad to do have patients. Also my boys smalls hands came in helpful getting screws in and out behind the dash. No need to pull the whole dash. just the trim and the air bag.
    #1724 of 3214 Built 02/13/2004
    2004 Marauder black/moonroof
    SCT flip chip, 4:10's, lowered, big brake kit
    Kenwood KDC-X790 & 4 Kenwood speakers, 10" Sub
    Addco tube sway bars & performance shocks, Metco's
    Zex dry nitrous kit, Full SW Exhaust Kit, PI 3000 Stall
    5.0L Stroker assembly, Self installed!
    E.T. on drag radial tires: 12.270 @ 111.16 & 1.66 60'
    One off custom Hood all steel too.
    SOON TO BE Vortech supercharged

Ryan Schmuki
    2003 Marauder, black with 4.10s n tune (sold)
    1968 Fairlane 347 built stroker(fast)
    1963 Galaxie 390 auto
    2010 Mercury Milan
    2019 Taurus Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Just curious what liability there would be? Would you at least consider posting a couple of pics of said tools?

Liability, you know how people are these days, hurt themselves on anything and sue.

As far as pictures, nope, I made them, had to cut apart some expensive tools to make it happen, not cost effective if your just doing 1, and, it's my design, not patented, so I don't want it stolen and have it produced for profit.

But if your in southwest Ohio, I can put it in while you wait.

I know im a couple weeks late but this is good timing, my actuator just went out 3 days ago on my way to work while cruising along out of nowhere my vent starting blowing ridiculously hot air. It was absolutely horrific considering how hot it was outside when it happened it damn near choked me as i had it on blast with the windows up and the passengers vents closed.

in any case, i changed the actuator yesterday morning. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes to complete. I just used a regular tool set no special tools needed. I've owned numerous fords over the years and never had one go bad. Apparently this is a pretty common failure part. If it makes you feel any better this was my first time doing one and it went extremely smooth and simple really nothing to it at all.

A little tip, its much easier to just remove the 2 bolts holding the glove box in and remove it. Makes life much easier. I didn't initially and while bolting up the ac duct I had a socket fall between the dash and glove box mount and could not get it out without removing the glove box. It also gives a LOT more room to work on things.

Another thing note worthy, I have average size hands and I had to really stretch to reach the back bolts with just barely my finger tips. Someone with slightly larger hands than average would have a much easier time reaching the back bolts as its all in the fingers.

I find it helps if you put a socket on the bolts (the ratch wont fit) and use a small pair of pliers to grab the socket to crack them loose. You can then remove them very easily. It took me roughly 30 minutes to get the dash torn apart and the old one out. I'm pretty meticulous about my vehicle so my re-assembly of the dash parts involved a good bit of cleaning. My ac duct was pretty dirty. I also cleaned back up inside the dash as well while i was at it.

01mercgmls... if it makes you feel any better I didn't bother to disconnect the battery when i did it. I just simply unbolted the airbag unplugged it and set it in the back til i was done. When I hooked it back up I had the car running too when i plugged it back in as I was making sure the actuator was good to go. Its almost impossible for an airbag to go off accidentally. I've seen accidents where airbags didn't even gone off when they should have lol.

“When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information