Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Silver Birch Marauder

WTB Silver Birch Marauder

Looking for a relatively stock, low(er) mile, rust free silver birch Marauder that would make a good daily driver as is. Nice paint and body a must. Not particular on interior color but would prefer it to be in good shape. Budget is ~$12k. More than happy to speak here or via phone to anybody who has one for sale. Thanks!

Detroit Area. Been checking it out myself.

Thanks! I've been doing most of my searching in non-salt states due to undercarriage rust issues. Though I was trying to find something with a few less miles, it can't hurt to ask for undercarriage pictures.

Not all salt state cars are driven in the winter..mines not, silver, 47k miles...but not for sale unless you got a boatload of cashola..
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Not all salt state cars are driven in the winter..mines not, silver, 47k miles...but not for sale unless you got a boatload of cashola..
    More than $8?
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I already has a F tree fiddy, 1995 vintage, 38k miles, no winters,
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
    Looking for a relatively stock, low(er) mile, rust free silver birch Marauder that would make a good daily driver as is. Nice paint and body a must. Not particular on interior color but would prefer it to be in good shape. Budget is ~$12k. More than happy to speak here or via phone to anybody who has one for sale. Thanks!
    Sent you a PM
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Mine has 51K miles. I sold it and bought it back 2700 miles later. I learned my lesson!
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

So we've eliminated two...hopefully I can find one of the other 1412

This s a TALL order. Took me 3 years and a >$20,000 budget to find a low mile SB... and I would fly anywhere to retrieve it.

If the car gods are with you, and you do find one, jump on it quickly! First three got away from me minutes before I called!

I will keep my eyes out here!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    This s a TALL order. Took me 3 years and a >$20,000 budget to find a low mile SB... and I would fly anywhere to retrieve it.

If the car gods are with you, and you do find one, jump on it quickly! First three got away from me minutes before I called!

I will keep my eyes out here!
    Thanks! I do appreciate the feedback, especially if my budget may not be realistic. And by relatively low mile I don't mean 30k miles or less like your SB has...I think my sweet spot is 60-80k miles. I see several with lower miles in that $20k+ range or in the $8-10k range with higher miles. I figured there may be something in between at a low teens price. I'd love to push the budget higher but I'm planning a motor swap in my Mustang and a fuel system rebuild on my F-250, so I need to stay close to that.

Since you were specifically looking at SB Marauders and are familiar with their specific rarity / value, would you mind giving me your $.02 on one I'm considering? I'm curious to see if you think it's a good deal, assuming it is what the seller says it is.

Thumbs up Michigan

My immaculate (now) 3rd owner car spent most of its life in Michigan so don't automatically rule out northern cars. Just practice due diligence.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

TTT, not that it's not already at the top I suppose.

I have a couple of cars that I'm considering but am hesitant to post on the forum. I don't want to post a car belonging to a member and have it openly critiqued, so I'm unsure of protocol here. Y'all are more familiar with the price point of these than I am, so anybody who is willing to give me their $.02 on anything privately is much appreciated.

Beyond that, the budget can go up or down if the right opportunity presents itself, but not by a significant or crazy amount. As always I do appreciate the forum's wisdom. Thanks!

A couple of things about any Marauder really stock or modded.

There has never been a real price structure for them. The roller coaster fluctuation can be a dizzy ride for sure.

As for mileage, I can say with first hand knowledge that anything under 150,000 (owned by the right owner/owners) won’t be much different than one with 50,000 as these cars are SOLID.

I’ve worked on many cars of this forum, most from rusty Illinois and can vouch for other posts commenting on not all show it. Some do, most don’t, as many of them simply aren’t driven on wet days, not to mention snow/salt. So definitely don’t rule them out.

You are much better off trying to find one here as opposed to a non member car for obvious reasons, plus a good chance of a history on it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information