Thread: MM windshield $$

MM windshield $$

Ok, I've searched and searched the site and can't find anything.

I'm looking for the part number and price for a windshield for my '04 MM.
    Got hit by a rock on the Tollway Friday, and now the crack has spread almost a third of the way across.

Dealer, can you help?
    Dean P. ~ Racerx88
    2004 Mercury Marauder 300A

Silver Birch/Charcoal
    Dig Around in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx88

Got hit by a rock on the Tollway Friday, and now the crack has spread almost a third of the way across.

Dealer, can you help?
    ..uh..check your car insurance ...I have comprehensive which covers stuff like that ..and mine is ACV..no deductable......most policies usually have that included especially since our MM's are so new---just call your insurance agent..tell'm you glass is brokem..cracked across the front....whatever...let them replace it with similiar --get data from dealer......had mine replaced in my driveway at the house on a saturday--insurance agent did all the work--just ask me when I want it done....Tom.
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

If you have "Full Glass" then you get the glass replaced for free regerdless of your detuctable. But you have to pay a higher premium for having "Full Glass" however it isn't all that much more. "Bob's Marauder" told me Saturday that when he got his replaced on his 03 Marauder, the bodyshop claimed that the windshield was $800. I've never heard of windshileds being that much though. I don't doubt Bob's word though. I simply question what the bodyshop told him. Maybe they jack the price up for the glass when the insurance company is paying for it like Bob's insurance company did.

My deductible is $500, I know the glass has got be cheaper than that.
    Dean P. ~ Racerx88

Silver Birch/Charcoal
    Dig Around in My Garage

Sent PM.............

My deductible is $500, I know the glass has got be cheaper than that.
    But do you have full Glass? Like i said, if you have it, then it doesn't matter what your detuctible is for all other repairs. The glass will still be paid in full.

Dealer, can you help?
    I go through my insurance company. They have a glass replacement arrangement with local companies that come out and replace the windshield while I am at work. Northern Virginia roads are terrible for windshields. I have replaced the windshield on every car I have ever owned in this area including two on my 1994 Thunderbird in a period of less than 2 months about 2 years ago. Replaced the windshield on the E-150 van about 3 months ago. The window replacement company deals with the insurance people direct, so I only write a check to cover the deductible since I don't have the Full Glass option.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I had my windshield replaced with OEM replacement and it cost $375.00 parts AND labor!
    ~~MARAUDERCHICK~~
    ~~~~~Kathy~~~~~
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A / Black /25% tint in front and 15% tint in back/ Born : August 16, 2002/ Adopted: December 26, 2002/ 6-disk CD changer/ Trunk organizer/ Diablo chip/ Denso plugs/ 180 degree thermostat/ Addco Rear sway bar/ FMS 4.10 gears/ Steeda Under drive pulleys/ K&N filter/ Royal Purple 5w20 synthetic/ Sylvania Silverstars: headlamps, fogs & turn signals/ hi-flow cats, ported/ceramic coated Cobra manifolds, and X-pipe/ 18" Stainless Steel Magnaflow mufflers/Kenny Brown dead pedal/ Eibach springs/ Polished aluminum "Marauder" pedals by Dyno-Pro/Meziere Electric Waterpump/ Baer Brake System: 14" drilled & slotted front rotors, polished caliper's with red letters/ Enhanced 11" rear rotor drilled & slotted / Kenny Brown Stainless steel braided brake lines / Metco Control Arms
    CHRISTMAS WISH LIST: TRILOGY KIT# ?????

Quote Originally Posted by MARAUDERCHICK
    I had my windshield replaced with OEM replacement and it cost $375.00 parts AND labor!
    THAT'S what I was looking for! Thanks! I just needed a ballpark figure to verify that it was gonna be way less than my deductible. Thanks again!
    Dean P. ~ Racerx88

Silver Birch/Charcoal
    Dig Around in My Garage

THAT'S what I was looking for! Thanks! I just needed a ballpark figure to verify that it was gonna be way less than my deductible. Thanks again!
    No Problem!!!
    ~~MARAUDERCHICK~~
    ~~~~~Kathy~~~~~
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A / Black /25% tint in front and 15% tint in back/ Born : August 16, 2002/ Adopted: December 26, 2002/ 6-disk CD changer/ Trunk organizer/ Diablo chip/ Denso plugs/ 180 degree thermostat/ Addco Rear sway bar/ FMS 4.10 gears/ Steeda Under drive pulleys/ K&N filter/ Royal Purple 5w20 synthetic/ Sylvania Silverstars: headlamps, fogs & turn signals/ hi-flow cats, ported/ceramic coated Cobra manifolds, and X-pipe/ 18" Stainless Steel Magnaflow mufflers/Kenny Brown dead pedal/ Eibach springs/ Polished aluminum "Marauder" pedals by Dyno-Pro/Meziere Electric Waterpump/ Baer Brake System: 14" drilled & slotted front rotors, polished caliper's with red letters/ Enhanced 11" rear rotor drilled & slotted / Kenny Brown Stainless steel braided brake lines / Metco Control Arms
    CHRISTMAS WISH LIST: TRILOGY KIT# ?????

My windshield was cracked by a pebble last week. Contacted the local FORD dealer and they said they only have a listing for the GM. I have a 2004 and want to stay with original glass. Does anyone know if the Marauder glass is different than the GM glass? By the way they quoted only $245 for the parts including the rear view mirror hanger and the weatherstripping.

I won't rip on you for ressuerecting an old thread.

Hell no.

It's agreat opportunity to remind STEVO that I need a new windshield.

I am happy to hear of the better price than was stated...a...nearly TWO years ago.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKMARAUDER04 View Post
    Contacted the local FORD dealer and they said they only have a listing for the GM. I have a 2004 and want to stay with original glass. Does anyone know if the Marauder glass is different than the GM glass?
    I do remember something about a Marauder specific front glass. I never had to replace any of my windshields, but I have read about that here. I suggest you look deeper into it, maybe contact our member Ray, "The Dealer"?

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseheadBob
    Hey guys, the OEM replacement for my windshield was a "green" tint PPG product. The model number from PPG is DW 1506. Maybe because my MM was such an early build, Feb '02, they used a different windshield. Any ideas....
    http://www.ppgautoglass.com/catalog/...2012-21-04.xls

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 475pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=633 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 18pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 877" width=24><COL style="WIDTH: 27pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1316" width=36><COL style="WIDTH: 74pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3584" width=98><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1572" width=43><COL style="WIDTH: 162pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7899" width=216><COL style="WIDTH: 134pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6546" width=179><COL style="WIDTH: 28pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1353" width=37><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 18pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=24 height=17>DW</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 27pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=36 x:num>1406</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 74pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=98>WFS D1327</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=43>00-02</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 162pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=216>Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 134pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=179>Black, 3/4</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 28pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=37 x:num>38.04</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 475pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=633 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 18pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 877" width=24><COL style="WIDTH: 27pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1316" width=36><COL style="WIDTH: 74pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3584" width=98><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1572" width=43><COL style="WIDTH: 162pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7899" width=216><COL style="WIDTH: 134pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6546" width=179><COL style="WIDTH: 28pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1353" width=37><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 25.5pt" height=34><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 18pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 25.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=24 height=34>DW</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 27pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=36 x:num>1506</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 74pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=98>WFS D1327</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=43>03-04</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 162pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=216>Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis, Marauder</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 134pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=179>Black, 3/4</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 28pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=37 x:num>38.04</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    These are the numbers Safelite looked up when the Blackbird's window was replaced last year. We went with the 1506 ('03 300A). I know, the 1406 says 2000-2002.

Thread Information