Thread: Subwoofer

Subwoofer

I know alot of people on the site have had problems with the subwoofer rattling,I was wondering how many got satisfaction form the dealer the first time or is this going to take a while.Mine is going in monday,So far that has been the only Problem, that and they tried to pimp me on my mats but there on order now.Had to laugh though they only have Two Marauders left so they could not switch mats with another ones because they were light flint so thats why there on order and when I ask about my leather Jacket they all got that deer in the headlights look on there faces.Some things never change!

Quote Originally Posted by Hack Goby
    I know alot of people on the site have had problems with the subwoofer rattling,I was wondering how many got satisfaction form the dealer the first time or is this going to take a while.Mine is going in monday,So far that has been the only Problem, that and they tried to pimp me on my mats but there on order now.Had to laugh though they only have Two Marauders left so they could not switch mats with another ones because they were light flint so thats why there on order and when I ask about my leather Jacket they all got that deer in the headlights look on there faces.Some things never change!
    Hack, did you remove the foam over the subwoofer? That solves the vibration prooblem. You can drop the enclosure by removing four nuts. Then remove the circular foam. Also, you'll notice that there is foam that has a pattern cut out just below the package tray. Cut that out too.

For an 04, do this from inside the trunk. It should not take more than one hour to do this. If you want the dealer to do it, tell him what to do and how to do it; most do not realize that this procedure almost always cures the subwoofer visbration problem.

Bob

383 4-speed w air grabber

Just having a little fun with Photoshop,I will change it..
    Last edited by Hack Goby; 06-14-2004 at 10:47 AM.

Let the dealer do it.

Well its 86 and sticky and my big body cant get into the trunk like I want so I think I will let the dealer do it.Iwill print what all of you say for input and show them.

Well its 86 and sticky and my big body cant get into the trunk like I want so I think I will let the dealer do it.Iwill print what all of you say for input and show them.
    Okey, dokey! If you search on subwoofer, you'll find more. A lot of us have replaced the factory woofer.

Bob

OK,Back in business

Thats what great about this site,Lots of good advice.I went in through the back seats like Marader 03 recommended.Took me 45 min. to find out what the problem was.Like alot of people the cutout for the subwoofer was not removed.Problem solved.No day trip to the dealer.thanks everybody.

Thats what great about this site,Lots of good advice.I went in through the back seats like Marader 03 recommended.Took me 45 min. to find out what the problem was.Like alot of people the cutout for the subwoofer was not removed.Problem solved.No day trip to the dealer.thanks everybody.
    I'll decrease the average time based on your 45 minutes.

Good man!

Bob

I know alot of people on the site have had problems with the subwoofer rattling,I was wondering how many got satisfaction form the dealer
    I for one did not. After tearing out every piece of car out of the rear end and back seat area, my rattle was narrowed down to "bad welds near rear window pillars...."

They wanted to re-weld all the seams....I opted to deal with the obnoxious body panel rattle.

As far as Jackets, the jacket dillio was to have ended after the '03 model year. Ford had a little 'lack of communication' issue with themselves. If you do get one, you'll be lucky!
    2017 Niro

As far as Jackets, the jacket dillio was to have ended after the '03 model year. Ford had a little 'lack of communication' issue with themselves. If you do get one, you'll be lucky![/QUOTE]

Barry - The leather jackets are also available with the 2004 Marauder.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

MM Mats

As far as I know the mats are the same with the black or Light flint interior. Order them from Fordparts.com they are the cheapest.

Glenn
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

Quote Originally Posted by jgc61sr2002
    As far as Jackets, the jacket dillio was to have ended after the '03 model year. Ford had a little 'lack of communication' issue with themselves. If you do get one, you'll be lucky!

Barry - The leather jackets are also available with the 2004 Marauder. [/QUOTE]

I bought an 04 two or three months ago and I got my leather jacket last week.
    Ryan Nelson
    04 Silver Birch
    Birmingham, AL

valkyrie Guest
    I purchased my 04 in December and they were advertising the jacket on the Mercury site then.

I also had to tell the dealer though.

I know this is an old thread, but is this leather jacket thing for real? Does the dealer own me one?

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    I know this is an old thread, but is this leather jacket thing for real? Does the dealer own me one?
    He owes you a jacket!

Who's "HE"???

The only one you will get results from is Mr. Pinter @ Beanstalk1-800-613-3905
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemmdiver
    He owes you a jacket!
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

Thread Information