Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: New member; no Marauder...yet.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    29

    New member; no Marauder...yet.

    I've owned more Mustangs than I care to remember but recently downsized the stable in hopes of getting into a couple of other bucket list vehicles. The one I kept is a '65 Fastback. I also checked another one off of the list a few months ago when I found a '97 F250 crew cab short bed / 7.3 DI.

    Neither of these are exactly daily drivers, so that's where a Marauder comes into play. I've lost out on a couple of low mile Crown Vic LX Sports recently and got bitten by the Marauder bug while searching. Been lurking here for a while reading / watching the classified and finally decided to sign up. Lots of awesome cars, members, and information here. I've enjoyed the reading and really appreciate the knowledge base.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Stoney Creek Ontario
    Posts
    30

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
    I've owned more Mustangs than I care to remember but recently downsized the stable in hopes of getting into a couple of other bucket list vehicles. The one I kept is a '65 Fastback. I also checked another one off of the list a few months ago when I found a '97 F250 crew cab short bed / 7.3 DI.

    Neither of these are exactly daily drivers, so that's where a Marauder comes into play. I've lost out on a couple of low mile Crown Vic LX Sports recently and got bitten by the Marauder bug while searching. Been lurking here for a while reading / watching the classified and finally decided to sign up. Lots of awesome cars, members, and information here. I've enjoyed the reading and really appreciate the knowledge base.
    Welcome aboard! I joined late last year and love it. Everyone is very helpful and there are some very knowledgeable owners; Iím not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westport, Ma
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,803
    Welcome to the site - just make sure you buy a marauder before buying parts ha ha - that's what I did!


    Look At the for sale adds on the site find a lot of nice rides from members here - may even get a deal
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

    MODS:

    Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

    2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455




    COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant


    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

    BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxxx View Post
    Welcome aboard! I joined late last year and love it. Everyone is very helpful and there are some very knowledgeable owners; Iím not.
    Thanks! I know a little about a lot of things, always looking to learn more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
    Welcome to the site - just make sure you buy a marauder before buying parts ha ha - that's what I did!

    Look At the for sale adds on the site find a lot of nice rides from members here - may even get a deal
    Thanks! I'm a parts hoarder and every time I sell a car and lose my rear end on the parts I had in reserve...I swear never to do it again. Only to do it all over again....

    Been stalking the for sale ads daily; my unicorn is a low-mile, rust-free, silver birch Marauder within a few hours of Baton Rouge. Since that will never happen, I'm looking just about everywhere. I'm normally not afraid to take on a higher mileage car or car that needs a bit of work, but I'm looking for something to be rock solid reliable for the next year or so while I get my other two vehicles where I want them to be.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    29
    Speaking of the others I figure I'd share a picture or two, since y'all are 32v guys. The 32v will more than likely be coming out of the '65, so having that extra motor is another plus for going with a Marauder.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    T-Town
    Age
    46
    Posts
    342
    Welcome. Love the sig pic! No MA'AM!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    27
    Posts
    864
    Welcome to the forum!

    Be patient and youíll find what you are looking for. SB is what I was looking for too but I settled for black as I have big plans for the car anyways.

    Good luck with the hunt!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    over here, with the 40's of beer.
    Age
    16
    Posts
    8,792
    Quote Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
    Speaking of the others I figure I'd share a picture or two, since y'all are 32v guys. The 32v will more than likely be coming out of the '65, so having that extra motor is another plus for going with a Marauder.

    I dig the mustang, I too was looking for a SB, bought a DTR, the slowest color supposedly, then modded it a little . It is posted in the F.S. section, not exactly a DD, but throw some regular street tires on the back and enjoy the smoke show.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........






    When you are dead, you donít know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

    "Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "


    Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

    BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!





  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Moreau Island
    Posts
    11,473
    Welcome. Just wondering why specifically a 1997 F-250 was on your bucket list?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Oxford, PA
    Posts
    309
    Welcome and ...wow... did you ever run the '65 at Capitol Raceway or No Problem Raceway? What ET did you get?

    I lived down in BR for 7 years, great state! Louisiana...I had 2 5.0 verts, a 2001 GT, two LS1 Formulas, and a 401 AMX.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    62
    Posts
    868

    Thumbs up Welcome!

    Welcome to the wonderful world of Marauderdom!

    Current Garage:

    2004 DTR Marauder
    2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2008 Triumph Sprint ST
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE


    Life is about making an impact, not making an income. --Kevin @Kruse

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtrip View Post
    Welcome. Love the sig pic! No MA'AM!
    I've never scored four touchdowns in one game unfortunately, but perhaps four goals in a different sport or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    Be patient and youíll find what you are looking for. SB is what I was looking for too but I settled for black as I have big plans for the car anyways.

    Good luck with the hunt!
    Thank you very much. I'm hoping to get something that will serve as a reliable daily driver for a few years until I have the same big plans for it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I dig the mustang, I too was looking for a SB, bought a DTR, the slowest color supposedly, then modded it a little . It is posted in the F.S. section, not exactly a DD, but throw some regular street tires on the back and enjoy the smoke show.
    It's odd...white / silver vehicles have always spoken to me but I always seem to end up with black cars despite swearing off of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Welcome. Just wondering why specifically a 1997 F-250 was on your bucket list?
    My daily driver is a 2006 Nissan Titan King Cab. It's up there in miles but the main issue I have with it is not being a true four door / crew cab. It's a PITA to let my son out during car pool (i.e. jumping from the rear to the front) and difficult if not impossible to carry a passenger on the rear driver's side. Thus I need four doors. Due to the responsibilities I have with my own home, my parents', in laws, work, etc., a truck is a necessity.

    So I looked for crew cab trucks that suited me. The price of newer trucks is absurd and I don't particularly care for their looks. The OBS 7.3 DI crew cab short bed spoke to me. Maybe not quite as rare as Marauders but over time it's probably close. Opinions may vary but if money were no option and I wasn't considering truly classic trucks earlier than 1980, these are by far my favorite. I was a teenager in the 90s and always liked them. I like the sound of the oil fired injectors and don't mind that they sound, smell, and handle like a school bus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    Welcome and ...wow... did you ever run the '65 at Capitol Raceway or No Problem Raceway? What ET did you get?

    I lived down in BR for 7 years, great state! Louisiana...I had 2 5.0 verts, a 2001 GT, two LS1 Formulas, and a 401 AMX.
    Never ran it at State Capital Raceway, though I more or less grew up there. Ran a number of cars there and I do miss test and tune nights until No Problem Raceway killed it. To be honest I was scared to push the 32v too much originally, though I'm letting up there. I still plan to remove it and replace it with a SBF due do space and other concerns. I was about two seconds away from an LS conversion but just couldn't do it. The SBF donor is ready so the 32v, once given a once over, will be waiting in the wings should it be needed...

    Why'd you leave La? Certainly not because of the food I'm sure...

    Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Marauderdom!

    Thanks!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by MercLSU View Post
    Thanks! I know a little about a lot of things, always looking to learn more.



    Thanks! I'm a parts hoarder and every time I sell a car and lose my rear end on the parts I had in reserve...I swear never to do it again. Only to do it all over again....

    Been stalking the for sale ads daily; my unicorn is a low-mile, rust-free, silver birch Marauder within a few hours of Baton Rouge. Since that will never happen, I'm looking just about everywhere. I'm normally not afraid to take on a higher mileage car or car that needs a bit of work, but I'm looking for something to be rock solid reliable for the next year or so while I get my other two vehicles where I want them to be.

    Welcome!

    The best part of buying a Marauder is the trip driving it home. While I don't recommend this for other cars, I do recommend it when buying a Marauder.

    BTW, I have brought THREE CARS sight unseen with people from this site going to view these cars forme... And giving a thumbs up each time. And I've driven Rt 66 in a CVSport Chicago to Ca, a Marauder from Tennessee to CA, and a Marauder PHX to CA... All epic road trips.

    If you are serious and have "X" amount to spend, you can post it in Marauder's Wanted.



    Let us know what you are looking for!

    Good luck!


    2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

    2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

    2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

    2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    Welcome!

    The best part of buying a Marauder is the trip driving it home. While I don't recommend this for other cars, I do recommend it when buying a Marauder.

    BTW, I have brought THREE CARS sight unseen with people from this site going to view these cars forme... And giving a thumbs up each time. And I've driven Rt 66 in a CVSport Chicago to Ca, a Marauder from Tennessee to CA, and a Marauder PHX to CA... All epic road trips.

    If you are serious and have "X" amount to spend, you can post it in Marauder's Wanted.



    Let us know what you are looking for!

    Good luck!
    Thanks! The advice is much appreciated. I just created a WTB ad. I have a few that I'm looking at around the country, mostly in California or Arizona. Been stalking Craigslist through SearchTempest, eBay, Facebook marketplace in most metro areas, and a host of other internet aggregators. I've thought about starting a thread to ask what people think of some of the cars, but have shied away from that as it may be a member's car and I don't want to rub anybody the wrong way.

    I'm not afraid of the drive, but getting enough time off of work or away from family responsibilities is difficult at the moment. So depending on location, I may have to ship something and that also plays a part in the budget. My boss needs a car shipped from CA (LA area) soon so that may be an opportunity to defray the cost if I find something in that region sooner than later. If I do pull the trigger I figure I can pay somebody here a few bucks to look a car over first, as some have suggested.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Member - New Marauder???
    By Paco Bell in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2017, 11:00 AM
  2. New Marauder wannabe member from AZ
    By Black_Sunshine in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-14-2015, 09:56 AM
  3. New member and new Marauder owner!
    By Robmassmarauder in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 09:31 PM
  4. New Member (non-Marauder owner)
    By D.Jobin in forum Welcome Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 06:43 PM
  5. *Another New Member- Mills Marauder*
    By Cobra25 in forum Sunshine State Marauders
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •