Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NXSBOB=bobdied on ebay.

NXSBOB=bobdied on ebay.

Why not just sell on here and save yourself seller fees? Plus members here get parts little cheaper. Is this supposed to be a secret ID or something so you can ask exorbitant prices for your Marauder parts on ebay? Just curious.

Why isn’t he allowed to make as much money as he can off of his parts?

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic97 View Post
    Why isn’t he allowed to make as much money as he can off of his parts?
    He can. Just figured he could avoid ebay seller fees and sell on here for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrip View Post
    Why not just sell on here and save yourself seller fees? Plus members here get parts little cheaper. Is this supposed to be a secret ID or something so you can ask exorbitant prices for your Marauder parts on ebay? Just curious.
    Probably so he doesn't have to deal with questions like this.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    OK. Makes sense.

He has had some really nice stuff over the years. I thought everyone here knew it was him, it's not new news.

But I do find it rather humorous when people list links in the third party section when it is their own parts for sale. Most of us get it when it's a third-party part for sale or car for sale it's not yours it's just an item for sale that you are mentioning to everybody else.

Hence the third party section. I just said I think it's humorous because other people post links to Ebay for items of their own for sale and Call it third-party and don't even bother to mention that it's their own stuff.

As mentioned before he does have really nice stuff top-notch stuff I've seen plenty of his pictures and if his prices are out of your range and I guess you know this just how it goes
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Lightbulb

So what Jtrip stated was ‘politically incorrect’? See ‘silly prices’? Call’em out. If people want to pay ‘silly prices’ then it’s their money. $300 Zippo lighters - LMAO!!! $650 Marauder floormats - equally bizarre.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    So what Jtrip stated was ‘politically incorrect’? See ‘silly prices’? Call’em out. If people want to pay ‘silly prices’ then it’s their money. $300 Zippo lighters - LMAO!!! $650 Marauder floormats - equally bizarre.
    Or, y’know, say nothing and let the market decide what is and is not exoribtant.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Arrow

Or, y’know, say nothing and let the market decide what is and is not exoribtant.
    I am an intergral, functioning element of the ‘market’, last time I checked. ‘Free Speech’ isn’t dead, last time I checked either. So Jtrip pointed out a quirk - good for him. Still recall the magical ’03 Marauder at $37,500 that gestated into an ’04 Marauder for $52,500. Seller uses same image and mileage is roughly in the same neighborhood. Hoping he was laughed out of the market.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

EXACTLY why I rarely bother! I’ve always used ebay, offerup, or simply thrown it away.

^This^

Besides I’m not really into knocking down the prices on my car and/or parts like most others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Interesting conversation, say for example, I go buy a truck load of Marauder parts from a seller who only wants to sell as a lot, call it $5000, then I should resell those for what someone else thinks they are worth? Hahahahaha

That actually happened, I bought a garage load of parts from a deceased owners widow, I didn’t short change her, but I should sell for less than I paid because I was honest with the widow. Hmmmmm, yeah no, if you want nice stuff, it costs money, that’s just the bottom line. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I'll put on my flame retardant* suit and comment in this thread.

I've always offered my Marauder parts (and car) for sale on this forum first.... for the price that I felt was fair market and a good deal for both buyer and seller.
    (Although, apparently...I sold my OEM floor mats too cheaply!)
    I'm not interested in 'giving away' the parts for next to nothing....after all, I've stored them for 15+ years!
    I always avoided using Ebay, not because of the seller fees, but because that pits all interested MM.Net members against each other in a bidding contest.
    Posting a link to your Ebay ad on this forum is a waste of time, as any smart Marauder shopper is already checking out Ebay for parts/cars.
    Personally, I don't like any 'For Sale' threads that just have a link to an Ebay ad.
    It's an indirect way of avoiding this forum's rules against not posting a Sale Price for an item and thus making members bid up the price.
    I've always been an; "Early bird gets the worm"/ First member to PM me with the funds gets the item.

*does that mean that I'm a retard?
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 02-13-2019 at 07:36 AM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

NXSBOB has provided insight and access to parts that may have not been "found" for years.
    Just last week he forwarded a picture of a part I've been looking for for a long time, simply as a friendly assist. He also lets me know when something "pops up" for sale in my area/region.

As for the "other screen name" issue, I've never thought about the third party referral to ones-self... I am not 1Marauder anywhere else, and yet I do agree this could be made more clearly.

As a seller though, I do also understand selling to a much larger audience and in a pure and concise transactional selling format vs.
    selling to friends: bidness is .bidness
    Last edited by 1Marauder; 02-13-2019 at 07:34 AM.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    I'll put on my flame retardant* suit and comment in this thread.

I've always offered my Marauder parts (and car) for sale on this forum first.... for the price that I felt was fair market and a good deal for both buyer and seller.
    (Although, apparently...I sold my OEM floor mats too cheaply!)
    I'm not interested in 'giving away' the parts for next to nothing....after all, I've stored them for 15+ years!
    I always avoided using Ebay, not because of the seller fees, but because that pits all interested MM.Net members against each other in a bidding contest.
    Posting a link to your Ebay ad on this forum is a waste of time, as any smart Marauder shopper is already checking out Ebay for parts/cars.
    Personally, I don't like any 'For Sale' threads that just have a link to an Ebay ad.
    It's an indirect way of avoiding this forum's rules against not posting a Sale Price for an item and thus making members bid up the price.
    I've always been an; "Early bird gets the worm"/ First member to PM me with the funds gets the item.

*does that mean that I'm a retard?

Intelligent commentary - thank you.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    Interesting conversation, say for example, I go buy a truck load of Marauder parts from a seller who only wants to sell as a lot, call it $5000, then I should resell those for what someone else thinks they are worth? Hahahahaha

That actually happened, I bought a garage load of parts from a deceased owners widow, I didn’t short change her, but I should sell for less than I paid because I was honest with the widow. Hmmmmm, yeah no, if you want nice stuff, it costs money, that’s just the bottom line. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I 100 percent totally agree. The Marauder parts are rare and are going to cost more money. I get tired of people who try beat your price down because they feel like its should be a Crown Vic price. if you're that cheap go by Crown Vic part then. Lol that's what I tell people. And you're right. I hate people who say oh you bought the item/car for a good price. so I can't pay more than you paid. Cool with me! you won't get what I have for sale that's what I always tell people. Here's another one i hate. "I seen a really nice Marauder with a lot of mods for twelve $12000 so that would be the most I'll pay for any other one alike. if yours has less mods than I think it's worth less" my response is this. well your opinion doesn't really matter to me it's not your car so go find another one. It boils down to this trying to hustle someone out of their stuff and that's all it really is. because they want to get it cheap so they can try to turn around and sell it. and they hate that you hold to your guns cuz it blocks their profit margin, or whatever their agenda is. well that's just tough luck and when it comes to a rare limited production very cool car you're never going to be able to get them for way way cheap unless you find someone who's in a very big bind, or just happens to not know what they have which is highly unlikely. Or it's straight trashed and garbage and beat down. you might get one you're not going to buy nice one for garbage price in other words.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information