Thread: It started: scam call

It started: scam call

First time I've ever received a scam call in the middle of the night, 12:45 AM to be exact.

A name and the originating phone number (my area code and exchange along with 0000) was on the display.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I read something saying that this year half of all calls will be scams and garbage.
    I turned off the ringer on my land line. At night I have to put my cell on silent so I don't get woken up by bullcrap at 7am. I never answer an unknown number now. When they go to voicemail it is always either 3 seconds of silence or the middle of a recording trying to sell me a knee brace( lol?)
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

Yep.....we unplugged our landline years ago.
    Nothing but scammers and telemarketers....even when we were on the 'Dont Call' list.
    Why even have a landline.....?
    Because it is cheaper keeping the landline in the Verizon (rip off!) bundle package then not having it.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

I never give out my landline number and it's been enough years that I can guarantee every call is a robocaller or a Microsoft "technician" telling me my computer is AFU.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    I never give out my landline number and it's been enough years that I can guarantee every call is a robocaller or a Microsoft "technician" telling me my computer is AFU.

That’s because I keep giving them your number Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

It started: scam call

Got rid of our land line years ago.
    Always keep my cell phone on mute.
    Always give out our old land line or work main phone number when I have to give a phone number.
    Never give out our email.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

Unfortunately, I have a close friend who insists on forwarding crap, mostly political, to me and a host of others.

When they forward to others, and they forward to others, and they forward to others, the chain is endless.

Thread Information