Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
The Crown Vic Sport is a nice car.

The Marauder is a nice MACHINE.

I'd say they are the same in terms of reliability. I was driving my Marauder today, and I noticed how much smoother and willingness to rev the 4V is. Don't get me wrong I love the 4.6 2V too, but it is not the same. In terms of value, the CV Sport is just a CV to 99% of the buyers out there, I actually prefer column shift due to more leg room.

Premium vs regular gas- so what. Get a used fiesta if you are concerned about commuting costs. I rented one down in Orlando a week ago - Great little buzz bomb! I got 36 mpg flying in it.
I feel this way as well.
I just did the opposite of your plan:
Sold my known good reliable 145k mile all black CVLX Sport, added cash and got a minor cosmetic paint issue 1 owner Marauder with 119k.
It is definitely NOT a crown vic.
It is, however, not a princess.. It has 4 studded snows on cv wheels and is driven daily. In summer, it will stand proud on sweet MM wheels and grippy tires. I added Addco sway bars, which my Sport had.

Way more pride and fun every day in the MM than what I thought I had in the Sport.
If your MM is at 119k and not perfect - it's the perfect daily driver to me.
I would not sell my 119k great running but 'could use paint' MM to MAYBE get a lower mile and nicer CVLX Sport. Why?
I'd rather not run up a clean low mile Sport!

When I do, and will, get another Sport - it will be on one end or the other. A great deal on a low mile, mint princess, and treated as such. Or another 1xxk mile good used car, and driven daily with pride.
good luck, whatever you do.