Thread: Anyone use these tires? (BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport)

Anyone use these tires? (BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport)

Will be needing new rears by the end of this year and while I've been happy with my Cooper RS3-As, I spotted a deal on a pair of BFG Advantage T/A Sport that is $40 cheaper per tire. Was curious if anyone has had these on their car and what they thought of them.

Do those even come in the correct sizes? Not according to BFG...

BFGoodrich Advantage TA Sport LT | BFGoodrich Tires

Yeah, looks like I got the ol' 'bait and switch' treatment via Pep Boys....grrr. Why the **** do businesses have to be so damn shady these days?

I find it curious you've been happy with your Coopers. They've never been my favorite and the last set I had was atrocious. The vibration they had was miserable and the tire store didn't help me much at all. All they would do is rebalance them. Went to a different shop specializing in frame and alignments, not a tire store, looking for whatever else might have been wrong with the car and they said the tires were out of round. I went back to the tire store and they laughed at me and rebalanced them again. That didn't help and I went to another tire store to have them replaced. The oddball mixed size has always been a pain to find a good set of tires. 19 years and nearly 200K miles later I've lost count of how many sets of tires I've been through. Running BFG Comp2's now and they're ok, but I see they've discontinued the rear size now, according to Tire Rack website. Toyo's and Falcons have been among my favorites.
    Wayne
    2004 Marauder #1995
    Daily driver since new
    #651 of 997 in Silver Birch

I have the Coopers on the car now and they are good. no funny shakes or anything. They are made in China now though. If I had known that they would not be on the car. Also the last couple of sets of coopers I had on other vehicles rotted out on me fairly quickly. I am only coming up on 40K miles and have gone through many tires. IIRC this is the 3rd full set with at least one set of rears in addition. Have about 6K on these.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Quote Originally Posted by HiHoSilverBirch View Post
    I find it curious you've been happy with your Coopers. They've never been my favorite and the last set I had was atrocious. The vibration they had was miserable and the tire store didn't help me much at all. All they would do is rebalance them. Went to a different shop specializing in frame and alignments, not a tire store, looking for whatever else might have been wrong with the car and they said the tires were out of round. I went back to the tire store and they laughed at me and rebalanced them again. That didn't help and I went to another tire store to have them replaced. The oddball mixed size has always been a pain to find a good set of tires. 19 years and nearly 200K miles later I've lost count of how many sets of tires I've been through. Running BFG Comp2's now and they're ok, but I see they've discontinued the rear size now, according to Tire Rack website. Toyo's and Falcons have been among my favorites.
    On the flipside, I could say I find it curious that you haven't been happy with Coopers as they've been my favorite and they are the only brand I've had on my car since 2013/14. Maybe it's not the tires causing the vibration? You can run the same size tire on all 4, just make sure to turn the T/C off...

If a tire or rim is out of round and you can’t afford to replace you can vector the tire to wheel in some cases.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

There is a service called Road Force balancing which can do what is probably the best possible job and could likely document if a tire needs to be replaced under warranty.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Just took a one year old set off the car because they could not be balanced (vector or road force). Contacted BFG. They offered a pittance for warranty for a different tire than the same junk tire. The TA tire is designed in US but now made in Indonesia. I had used BFG TA for 20 year and last month switched to Continental. FYI, there are other threads about others having balance problems with the new BFG TA's after about a year.

52 Ford F1 truck (302 V8 WIP)
    58 Pontiac Parisienne
    93 Mustang Cobra (stock)
    03 Mercury Marauder
    03 Lincoln Town Car
    05 Dodge Magnum (Hemi)
    05 F150 FX4
    15 Porsche Cayenne S

Quote Originally Posted by FW_Linc/Merc View Post
    Just took a one year old set off the car because they could not be balanced (vector or road force). Contacted BFG. They offered a pittance for warranty for a different tire than the same junk tire. The TA tire is designed in US but now made in Indonesia. I had used BFG TA for 20 year and last month switched to Continental. FYI, there are other threads about others having balance problems with the new BFG TA's after about a year.
    Okay, good to know! Thanks...

I run Hankooks on my MM.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

For anyone looking to run the stock sizes, this is by far the best choice available for tires, the Conti DWS 06 +'s are a top tier all season. A friend of mine is running these on his all stock 04 DTR.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...r&autoModClar=

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Agreed, although i run these on stock rims 255/45 Front 255/55 Rear...

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus (tirerack.com)

Thanks for the feedback, but it seems like most of the tires mentioned are the same price or cost more than the Coopers...was just looking for a possible cheaper alternative.

52 Ford F1 truck (302 V8 WIP)
    58 Pontiac Parisienne
    93 Mustang Cobra (stock)
    03 Mercury Marauder
    03 Lincoln Town Car
    05 Dodge Magnum (Hemi)
    05 F150 FX4
    15 Porsche Cayenne S

Thread Information