Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HVAC - Heat Only

HVAC - Heat Only

With the temperature as low as it can go, I only get hot air out the vents, defrost or floor when appropriate button is pushed even with the A/C is on. I hear a clicking sound, so I assume that's the bend door? Is there a Sticky on how to repair this?

You are correct, couple videos on YouTube on
    how to do it without taking apart the dash.
    2004 SB Mercury Marauder
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B

I assume the best option (or only option) is to buy a new blend door actuator? Looking on Rock Auto, there are several brands. Some show with manual or Automatic Temperature Control. I believe we have automatic temerature control?

buy Ford only..aftermarket blend doors are junk
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

You do need a blend door actuator. Try running the EATC self-test a few times. It might fix it for a while.

This is the Ford P/N you need: XW7Z-19E616-BA or YH-1766.

As stated, only buy that part, aftermarket ones won't last long and you'll be doing the job again.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I did the EATC Self Test and got an 024 and 025 code. I cleared the codes then ran the test again and just got the 024 code which shows Blend Door Short. So I guess I'll be replacing the blend door actuator. What I don't understand is why it keeps clicking with the HVAC system off.

Tie a string around your 8mm wrench before you reach WAY up in there to turn those screws.
    04 MM Silver Birch/Light Flint, HS, TO, 6CD, #597 of 3214 (sold 5/2014)
    06 MGM LS Ultimate w/HPP, Black/Dark Charcoal
    04 MGM LS (335k miles and counting)
    69 Marquis convertible, 429
    92 F250HD 4x4
    48 Ford F4

thats an excellent idea i never would have thought to tie a rescue rope to it lol

Me too! I smiled a wished I'd thought of it!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Finally got around to replacing the blend door today. Purchased part# XW7Z-19E616-BA from Amazon for about $50. Took about 4 hours total. What took the longest was trying to remove one of the screws out. What a pain in the butt.

On my way to work this morning, to test to make sure the new blend door actuator works, I hit the AC button and noticed that hot air was blowing out the vents with the temp set on 70. So, I kept lowering the temp and it finally blew cold air when I got to 60. When I hit the red warm button once, it goes from 60 to 65 and then blows warm air. Before I replaced the blend door actuator, it blew hot air regardless of temperature and would click for a couple minutes. I did verify the blend door moved freely when I removed the old one. I installed a genuine Ford blend door actuator. Any idea what could be causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by crouse View Post
    On my way to work this morning, to test to make sure the new blend door actuator works, I hit the AC button and noticed that hot air was blowing out the vents with the temp set on 70. So, I kept lowering the temp and it finally blew cold air when I got to 60. When I hit the red warm button once, it goes from 60 to 65 and then blows warm air. Before I replaced the blend door actuator, it blew hot air regardless of temperature and would click for a couple minutes. I did verify the blend door moved freely when I removed the old one. I installed a genuine Ford blend door actuator. Any idea what could be causing this?
    Is the top part of the blend door engaged with the actuator?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Is the top part of the blend door engaged with the actuator?
    Yes. I checked that several times before I closed it back up again. I double checked the part number of the actuator that I removed and it matched the XW7Z-19E616-BA on the new one.

I'll run the EATC self test to see if I get any codes. I was receiving 024 which is Blend Door Short.

http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/eatcswap/selftest.html

This is so frustrating. The temperate adjustment seems to be working now, but the A/C is not working When I turn the A/C or DEF on and set the temp to 60, I can hear the A/C compressor kick in then it kicks out about 2 seconds later. Any thoughts? This morning it was blowing ice cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information