Thread: Radio Install Kit help please

Radio Install Kit help please

Hey all finally got a double din touchscreen for the Marauder. I also got the radio install kit(2 side panels and a trim ring), also the harness and Axxess ASWC1 steering wheel control adapter.

Now here is my problem. I know I have to trim the top and bottom of the dash to let it fit. Now what? Do I even need the dash kit? I know I have to insert the radio cage and bend the tabs up to secure but what the hell do I do with the side pieces of the install kit??? I am so confused. It shouldn’t be this hard for me to figure out. Any help of what to do with the dash install kit would be appreciated. Thanks all and see you in Louisville!
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A---Black of Course!

Mo's 93 Octane Tune for 3.55's(Thanks Marty!), K&N Intake with Prefilter, Steeda Pulleys(Thanks DRobin), Intake Spacer, Stewart/EMP water pump, Powdercoated Cam Covers and Coil Covers and COT, Granatelli Connectors, A few billet goodies, FRPP Ceramic Coated Shortys with X-pipe and High flow cats(Thanks DRobin again!), Magnaflow's and 4" Tips no resonator, Addco rear Sway Bar, Moog front end links, Oil Catch Can, 200 amp alternator with Big 3 Upgrade, Napa Performance rotors front and rear and EBC Greenstuff pads, SS braided brake hoses and red calipers, HID's 5K head and 3K fog, 20% Tint all around, Bob White Red Inserts, Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals, Anti-theft Trunk Plates, Trunk Lid Liner, Tinted Tails, Marauder Valve Stem Caps, Chin Spoiler and Aftermarket Girdle Cover

Anyone got any input to help me? Really wanna get this thing installed.

Mo's 93 Octane Tune for 3.55's(Thanks Marty!), K&N Intake with Prefilter, Steeda Pulleys(Thanks DRobin), Intake Spacer, Stewart/EMP water pump, Powdercoated Cam Covers and Coil Covers and COT, Granatelli Connectors, A few billet goodies, FRPP Ceramic Coated Shortys with X-pipe and High flow cats(Thanks DRobin again!), Magnaflow's and 4" Tips no resonator, Addco rear Sway Bar, Moog front end links, Oil Catch Can, 200 amp alternator with Big 3 Upgrade, Napa Performance rotors front and rear and EBC Greenstuff pads, SS braided brake hoses and red calipers, HID's 5K head and 3K fog, 20% Tint all around, Bob White Red Inserts, Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals, Anti-theft Trunk Plates, Trunk Lid Liner, Tinted Tails, Marauder Valve Stem Caps, Chin Spoiler and Aftermarket Girdle Cover

2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I watched that video already but it doesn’t help me with the actual install kit. Do I even need to use it? The install kit has a trim ring and two side pieces but I don’t know what to attach the two side pieces to because thy don’t seem to fit anywhere.

I didn't install mine so I don't know..everyone I've seen has the side pieces..they may just slide in to take up the gap. Just tryin to shed some light with the vid..i just googled it is all

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

see post 3..best I could find in short time
    https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...d.php?t=101296

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thanks Rubber! I appreciate the help. Will have at it soon and see what happens.

I thank you for the link as well. Starting this project today. Didn't get the adapter for steering wheel controls though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had to screw the side plates on to the head unit in order for it to secure in to the opening

Thread Information