Thread: MartyO/Jeff are absolutely AMAZING!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MartyO/Jeff are absolutely AMAZING!

As the title says! I bought an Xcal4 and a tune from MartyO literally 5 years ago. After some brain tumor issues for years, I'm back on the road and needed to get a remote tune from his shop. When he says "tunes for life", he really means it.

After a few false starts (completely on my part) with logging on my laptop over the past two YEARS, I took it to a dyno locally and had Jeff remote tune. Did I mention that I gave them less than 24 hours notice? I never expected them to do this, thinking I'd have to rebook the local dyno for the next week, but MartyO pulled it off. I think Jeff even missed his lunch to do this, and he was the complete and total professional in putting my local dyno operator at ease.

I haven't made MartyO any money for 5 years, and even then it was only $400 for the Xcal and $500 for the tune. With cars, that's chump change yet he still treated me like I was part owner of some mega company. I currently work on the tv show "The Flash", and rarely have I had as smooth a business transaction that I did with MartyO. Simply amazing.

The local dyno operator was also very impressed with the tune, as he hasn't had many good experiences with remote tuning. For the same level of my mods, he said he normally sees noticeably less horsepower in the SVT Terminator Cobras around here. When I took it out on the road, I actually had to check if it was still running because it was so smooth!

I will report back after the next dragstrip visit on July 05. Having just gotten this tune and some Nitto NT-05Rs, my 12.8 is looking much closer to a 12.5 ( I made a huge hp gain) But even if my 1/4 mile time only drops a little, the drivability alone was worth the dyno cost.

I cannot emphasize enough the incredible service I got from MartyO's shop. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone who needs anything Marauder/automotive related. If I didn't live in Canada, he'd be my one stop shop.

Admin, if this is not posted in the proper section, I apologize, and feel free to move it wherever.

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

I agree the driveabilty portion of tuning is worth it alone!
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

I wholeheartedly agree Marty, Jeff and his crew are the best. Luckily I live close enough I can go to his shop if needed. I just recently purchased a new Xcal4 (because my Xcal2 was slightly outdated) and they installed a couple of new programs to try and fix my shifting problems. They always surprise me with what they can do.
    2004 DTR Marauder, #423 of 9806
    2004 SB Marauder, SOLD
    2003 Black Marauder, #3029 of 7093
    2003 Black Supercharged Marauder, #1940 of 7093
    2003 DBP Marauder, #225 of 328, SOLD
    2007 Black Shelby GT Terlingua
    2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT 5.0
    2018 Platinum White King Ranch F150 FX4

Agreed +3

Marty helped an extremely great local mechanic with some sage "soft" advice... And at the end of the solution set, my local guy did what Marty offered up, and the issue was resolved!

Marty and his crew are so good, they can work on and fix cars over the phone! My favorite line is when he says, "Hey Grant, pull the car closer to the phone so I can see and hear it."

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

These guys are great. I had the infamous spark plug thread issue happen recently and they were able to tackle and fix with minimal downtime.

'04 MM~Black/Light Flint

Special Service Vehicles at:
    http://www.sspmustang.org

Thanks guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Thanks guys!!!
    No thank yous guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty...Blah, Blah, Blah....Jeff...Blah, Blah, Blah,....MartyO's Speed Shop...Blah, Blah, Blah... Truth is Marty and staff have backed up their work with me - no complaints. Had an issue earlier this year while on the road in Florida. Local shop contacted Marty and patched up the issue until I could get it back to Marty. MartyO corrected the issue and Marauder is running well. Crap happens. Remarkable, considering the number of hands that have been under the hood since the original visit to MartyO's shop last year.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Thread Information