Thread: Marauder PCM details

Marauder PCM details

Hello,

passing along what I have been reading thus far: for all present and future MM owners:

Control unit part number 3W3A-12A650-AC -this is a general Ford catalog number for the Marauder PCM...12A650 is a Ford PCM ---general classification--3W3A pertains to MM's, and AC is the version.

Control unit catchwordFDH2 - this is the instructions ( software)program on how to run the engine, tuners would want to know this

Hardware typeMPC-178 -not sure but relates to the part number. it is a sub code within that part number

All 2003 PCM's will swap into 2003 MM's, all 2004 PCM's will swap into 2004 MM's BUT!

The PCM is looking for the correct ignition key, so need to either have the original key or, get the key that fits your ignition lock matched/ recognized by the new PCM (dealer or tuner can do this)

or...".dont need the key or lock cylinder since marauders have type e pats system so all 03 marauders have identical encryption code "

I've got one 2003PCM on the way with no keys and one with keys. First I'm trying the no key...see if any key really does work

Then I can always swap in the other one with the matched key. These are MPC 198's. Will they work in place of my original MPC 178? I'll test that out in the process. Stay tuned should be here in two weeks...

Edits and corrections are welcome here!
    Last edited by Agent2006; 07-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.

the hardware code is the most important number of all, it designates the ECU Pin Mapping and available hardware supported such as knock sensors, fan type, etc...

the catch code is the calibration which will be one of the following:

RZASA B2 == CRD0 03 marauder - outdated cal don't use
    RZASA B5 == JHM0 03 marauder 1 knk snsr (CRD1-B)
    RZASA M5 == JHM1 03 marauder latest update to BMD0
    RZASA B6 == CRD1 03 marauder - fixed x-tau error
    RZASA BS == MAV2 04 marauder 2 knock sensors (better cal)
    RZASA MA == PDN0 03 marauder w/ Traction - 2006 update
    RZASA MY == PNK0 04 marauder - 2006 update

catch codes are all interchangeable through-out all marauders you just have to configure it correctly for either 2003 or 2004

You can run the traction assisted code on the non traction equipped vehicles no problem.

As far as keys and PCMs go there it no correlation. The key is linked to the theft module not the ECU. The ecu sends out an encryption code to the theft module and if the theft module gets an acceptable code from the key it sends an all good signal back to the ecu otherwise it fails PATS.

MPC-178 ecu will work fine so long that it has the starter relay output in the ecu. Thats the major difference between the marauder ecu's and most others.

Here is specific details from my website. http://forum.efidynotuning.com/viewt...hp?f=18&t=1783

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    03-04 Crown Vic / Grand Marquis / Marauder

RZASA codes
    MPC-175, MPC-176, MPC-177, MPC-178, MPC-185, MPC-186,
    MPC-187, MPC-188, MPC-195, MPC-196,MPC-197, MPC-198,

covers
    RZAO0, RZAO1, RZAO2, RZAM0, RZAN0, RZAR1, RZAS0, RZASA
    RZAU1, RZAU0

note: although these ecus can run the FBxxx tunes, these ecus physically do not
    have fan outputs nor a starter interrupt output if not used factory equipped in the ecu.
    -----------------------------------------
    03 Crown vic / Town Car / Grand Marquis

RZAJ0 codes
    MPC-155, MPC-156, MPC-157
    appears to be an independent strategy
    Note: same notes apply as rzasa, can prob run RZASA
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as you can see from the list your new ecu should be fine so long as it is programmed correctly and has the starter interrupt hardware in it. Otherwise it won't start unless you jump off that wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    Hello,

passing along what I have been reading thus far: for all present and future MM owners:

Control unit part number 3W3A-12A650-AC -this is a general Ford catalog number for the Marauder PCM...12A650 is a Ford PCM ---general classification--3W3A pertains to MM's, and AC is the version.

Control unit catchwordFDH2 - this is the instructions ( software)program on how to run the engine, tuners would want to know this

Hardware typeMPC-178 -not sure but relates to the part number. it is a sub code within that part number

All 2003 PCM's will swap into 2003 MM's, all 2004 PCM's will swap into 2004 MM's BUT!

The PCM is looking for the correct ignition key, so need to either have the original key or, get the key that fits your ignition lock matched/ recognized by the new PCM (dealer or tuner can do this)

or...".dont need the key or lock cylinder since marauders have type e pats system so all 03 marauders have identical encryption code "

I've got one 2003PCM on the way with no keys and one with keys. First I'm trying the no key...see if any key really does work

Then I can always swap in the other one with the matched key. These are MPC 198's. Will they work in place of my original MPC 178? I'll test that out in the process. Stay tuned should be here in two weeks...

Edits and corrections are welcome here!
    Ford partsman here, not to be nit-picking but the 3W3A-12A65-AC is NOT the actual Ford part number. It is the engineering number. Engineering numbers are sometimes very similar to part numbers and sometimes not. I would be happy to look up the actual part number while at work tomorrow if you like. I can also look to see if any are available at dealers across the country. Pretty sure it is long obsolete from Ford, but someone may have on sitting on the shelf gathering dust.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

Just to follow up.... the actual part number for the processor is 3W3Z-12A650-AC, replaced by 3U7Z-12A650-AMA, which was replaced by 3U7Z-12A650-AMB. All are obsolete from Ford and none in stock at any Ford dealership participating in the dealer locator services I have access to.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

what is wrong with the pcm? read all your posts sorry could not find it.
    2003 Mercury Marauder Black
    1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
    1974 HD Shovelhead
    1998 Chevy K1500

Glenn: https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...iles-from-home

Decipha - thanks, great info...my PCM should be delivered tomorrow, then I'll have a stats report

Fastbob- thanks for looking those up--verifies what my local Ford parts guy said too

Thread Information