Thread: ABS Removal & Repair

ABS Removal & Repair

I know there was a post here a while back about a place that repaired ABS modules for $100. A guy posted here about it and said they did a good job. But after spending 90 minutes searching for it I can’t find it.

Also, what I thought was the ABS module, isn’t. That is, I popped out a locking tab handle under the cold air intake to expose a circuit module, but I’m not seeing how to remove it. Thanks for any info on both points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

This is the place I sent mine. Module Repair Pro, They're in Van Nuys, Ca. I sent it off on a Tuesday and it was back on Saturday. That fixed my problem. Their website is www.ModuleRepairPro.com , and their number is 818-235-1095.
    There is 6 torx screws that hold it on. Also 2 wire harnesses connected to it (there's a small one under it). You do not have to remove the aluminum block it attached too. Thanks go out to Com'n in Hot for passing this along.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy Marq View Post
    This is the place I sent mine. Module Repair Pro, They're in Van Nuys, Ca. I sent it off on a Tuesday and it was back on Saturday. That fixed my problem. Their website is www.ModuleRepairPro.com , and their number is 818-235-1095.
    There is 6 torx screws that hold it on. Also 2 wire harnesses connected to it (there's a small one under it). You do not have to remove the aluminum block it attached too. Thanks go out to Com'n in Hot for passing this along.
    Yes Com’n in Hot, that was the name, thank you! And thanks for passing on the information.

MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Thanks for passing on the info!!
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Quote Originally Posted by Comin' in Hot View Post
    Thanks for passing on the info!!
    Yes, thank you both. Meant to do this some time ago. I got the unit out and will send it off tomorrow. Q: did you guys drive your cars with the module off? For now I covered mine with plastic.

I did not, it was a spare vehicle.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (Sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (Sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox

Well the module isn't working any way. So it might as well be off the car. In my case I had a spare, which you guest it didn't work either. That's why I sent the original off for repair. I did not drive mine with it off the car. I don't know why you couldn't drive with it off the car.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

ABS Removal & Repair

Well the module isn't working any way. So it might as well be off the car. In my case I had a spare, which you guest it didn't work either. That's why I sent the original off for repair. I did not drive mine with it off the car. I don't know why you couldn't drive with it off the car.
    I checked and you can drive the car, but I covered the open area (with whatever those things are sticking out) with plastic and taped it off. Then covered the two connectors with electrical tape.

Now, instead of both the ABS and brake light being on, it’s just the brake.

I don’t even know for sure it’s the ABS module. My mechanic with his kick butt snap-on remote scan code reader can’t get into the ABS at all, and of course neither would my new direct-connect Actron reader. It’s like it isn’t there. But, there’s no code for the wheel sensors, and the ABS fuse and relay are good, so that must be it. We’ll see.

It is most likely the module, I know with my son's 01 Grand Marquis it was intermitent and when the ABS and Traction Control lights were lit it would not communicate with the scan tool. When the lights were not on then it would communicate and had no codes.

Thread Information