Thread: do you need to remve pedals or anything else to remove LCM?

do you need to remve pedals or anything else to remove LCM?

It looks like just the bolt, 3 wiring connectors and the spring latch. Will it clear everything else?

Not replacing LCM right now just want some room under there.
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Quote Originally Posted by jaywish View Post
    It looks like just the bolt, 3 wiring connectors and the spring latch. Will it clear everything else?

Not replacing LCM right now just want some room under there.
    LCM Removal:

• The LCM is about the size of a brick and is located just to the right of the steering column, in front of the gas pedal. There are 3 electrical connectors on the LCM.
    • Remove the bottom two connectors by depressing the tab and pulling on the connectors.
    • Remove the 2 mounting screws with a 7mm nut driver or socket. Push the LCM towards the gas pedal while rotating it up towards the roof. Once it’s free of the bracket, pull the LCM down towards the floor. You should now be able to release the last electrical connector.

Hey great. Just got to find the 2nd hex screw. Got the 3rd connector comes out without releasing the LCM. Service manual speced removing the pedal assembly but that looked wrong.

Thanks
    Jay
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I got a paper in the mail last year for a recall on the LCM and the dealership did it for free.

True. I now see why I could not find the second hex screw. I had the LCM replaced under warranty back in 04 iirc. Apparently one screw will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    LCM Removal:

• The LCM is about the size of a brick and is located just to the right of the steering column, in front of the gas pedal. There are 3 electrical connectors on the LCM.
    • Remove the bottom two connectors by depressing the tab and pulling on the connectors.
    • Remove the 2 mounting screws with a 7mm nut driver or socket. Push the LCM towards the gas pedal while rotating it up towards the roof. Once it’s free of the bracket, pull the LCM down towards the floor. You should now be able to release the last electrical connector.

Thanks Mr. Man,
    I was just going to repost my removal instructions.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information