Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over heating only with AC on

Ok so i was out today 94 degree weather. Of course ac off cause car would overheat. I gor home after a hour drive. Left car running and popped the hood just to snoop around. I was curious about one thing. I started slowly removing the cap from the reservoir, i herd hissing sound for a quick secound. I continued removing the cap to come and find out that there is no pressure in the system. Coolant didnt come out flying out. Didnt even move. I beleive this is not normal?

Just fill the system properly and check back. Put the nose up and pinch off the lower hose coming out of the reservoir. Open cot tube plug fill it up. Start car let run add coolant as needed. It is a pain in the ass but you gotta start with basics. I see you already cleaned the fins on the radiator among other things. If the system isn't full you will get erratic temp readings.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Cot tube plug? I dont beleive a crown vic has this?

Put a new cap on it

Step one, new cap.
    Will give that a try zack.

The Great Lakes Panther board on FB may be a better resource for the OP. The board overrun with clapped out police cars, some Lincolns and the odd Marauder. My car spent its entire life in MI before coming to NC last year so I signed up for that reason. I was kicked off and deemed a troll for questioning why people were trying to collect money for the board moderator, feeling he deserved some sort of 'salary'. Yeah, I gave them a fit over a bunch of other crap too.
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Update:

So i replaced the reservoir cap today. Weather was not that hot and it wasnt that humid either. Drove around for an hour in stop and go traffic with ac full blast. Temp never went over 203f. I thought that replacing the cap was the solution. Get home, park my car in the garage and let the car idle just to test it some more. After a few mins, temp starts rising. So im back to square one. I was curious to see if the new cap was helping with pressure so i slowly went ahead and openned it. To my surprise, no pressure what so ever. Put cap on, left hood open and ac blasting. Few mins later, temp was low at 203. So i went ahead and closed the hood. Few mins later, temp started riseing. So this right here for sure clarifies that my temp issue is surely ventalation issues. Now, im concerned about the reservoir not having pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by crownvic05 View Post
    Update:

So i replaced the reservoir cap today. Weather was not that hot and it wasnt that humid either. Drove around for an hour in stop and go traffic with ac full blast. Temp never went over 203f. I thought that replacing the cap was the solution. Get home, park my car in the garage and let the car idle just to test it some more. After a few mins, temp starts rising. So im back to square one. I was curious to see if the new cap was helping with pressure so i slowly went ahead and openned it. To my surprise, no pressure what so ever. Put cap on, left hood open and ac blasting. Few mins later, temp was low at 203. So i went ahead and closed the hood. Few mins later, temp started riseing. So this right here for sure clarifies that my temp issue is surely ventalation issues. Now, im concerned about the reservoir not having pressure.

Maybe your car isn't running hot? Good grief....

GC49TQcl.jpg
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Im dataloging temp. Its going above 220.

see post #9

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    see post #9
    220 is NOT normal for a mod motor. 185-200 under brutal conditions is what he should be seeing.

The cooling fan only begins turning on at 216 degrees on a bone stock marauder.

VSF_FAN.png

VSF_FAN.png
    Unless the A/C is ON.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

VSF_FAN.png
    Car is 05 crown Vic, not 32v, and a tune can change when fan comes on temp wise
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I am purchasing a radiator pressure test kit today after work. I will check the pressure and see whats happening there. Reservoir not having pressure can be related to my overheating with ac on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information